Looking to Buy a a3 3.2

GforceA4

Reaction score
Hello all,

Need your help,

Looking into buying a A3 3.2

Need to know what are the pro and cons to this model?

also what the best coilover setup and brakes setup?

and wheels how hard is it to put bentley rims on?

Cheers

G

apart from the usual things when buying a car , 3.2's suffer with stretching timing chains , also make sure the dsg (if it has it) selects all the gears fine changes smoothly etc... , coilover wise the best is how much money you have i have v-maxx on mine ( bought off n8 pm him if you want some )and they are very good value for money , kw are top notch tho like i said its how much you want to spend mate , as far as i know bentley's are very easy , but not sure what spacer you would need tho have a look through some members threads who have them fitted i know " young-dan" used to have them he had a few sets on his car , do a search mate

What year u looking at?

Pre 06 and it may need a software update to cure a hesitation issue.

Also the timing chain issue was on pre 06 cars too from others comments on here.

Coilovers- the 3.2 is a big lump, dont scrimp like I did on budget coilies! I'm in the process of upgrading to V Maxx.

Tapatalk for iOS

cheers Fran, i like the look of the V10 S6 rims but i suppose it finding them.

i want one with the bigger front grill as i think it looks alot better, still undecided on 3dr or 5dr yet

Definately 3 door!

Although I am biased lol.

Tapatalk for iOS

cheers Fran, i like the look of the V10 S6 rims but i suppose it finding them.

Matt on here selling a set! If you want the single grill frame 8P2, the main parts are front bumper, grill and bonnet.
Have a search there quite a few threads done on this and alot of members including myself have done the mod.

P.s do a search there was a thread 3door vs Sportback that should help make you mind up there :laugh:

im easy on the 3 - 5 door thing, it all about the right car with the right spec, i really want a s line version, perfer the look of them, cheers ash for the head up about the alloys

whats best manual or dsg? i like the dsg gearbox as i like drivin the missus seat bocanegra. i would perfer a pre 23rd march car if poss with a gd spec!

Shame..I just sold an 04 DSG in perfect nik, S-line/ cruise/ fbmfsw/ lightpack/ RNSE/ timing chains done with tensioners/ VVT units/ and sprokets/, software update /remap/ Remus exhaust and so on

gutted mate, i think i mite look out for a sportback it be a little bit more pratical for me. i start the search for the 3.2 in 2 weeks

TBH mate, go as new as you can afford. early cars have a timing chain problem and you are looking at £4 -£8k to fix it properly. makes the later higher tax look cheap. go for a 2006 minimum , newer if you can,

do they have diffo engine code the later one? i really want a dsg, not not sure if i should op for a manual version?

I drove both when looking to buy a 3.2

DSG wins hands down for me.

Theres just something about the 2 together.

On one hand it can be quiet, smooth and sedate.

The other, fast, fun and the gear change is lightening fast.

It's just a shame Audi have stopped making them,a 3.2 8P3 would be my next car.

god i hope i can find a 2006 car on the cheap tax without the time chain problems

Depends on how much you want to spend. ??

There is one at Watford audi

Its 14k mate do a search on the used Audi site

Search Audi Used Car by Model

B
est i could get was £5k for this

Audi2101111.jpg

Last edited:
Its a lot of money but the i year Audi warranty is worth a bit and you should knock them down from that price. You have to have DSG in a 3.2 as has been said, it will potter around in trafic like a Nissan micra but get it on the open road and play with the paddles and they just love to run at 5-6k rpm ands sound excellent. remember no stupid turbo like my S3 so you can just floor it at the lights and it takes off instantly :)

up to jan this year i had a mk 2 leon cupra k1 loved that car so im lookin forward to a v6, it all about the noise hehe

i like that just to much for me damn it, but i think im going to have to have a 5dr

is mileage something i should worry about? as ive found one with 96k with full dealer history?

Trouble is selling it again with over 100k miles. Mine had 51k on and it was 04, they are out there.

Mine had 65k,didn't bother me.

Although 1 previous owner and FASH did help.

My last car had done 20k and was never out of the shop!

You just never know with 2nd hand cars.

I suppose you should consider,

A) How long you want to keep it.
B) What might the mileage be when you come to sell it.

im plannin to keep it for a while at 3yrs. the mileages wont go up to much as i work in the centre of birmingham.

Mine would of been ideal for you but I've just agreed a trade in at my local dealer.
Good luck with the search!

What you going to Ju ?? Huge loss for the 3,2 community here :)

HaHa it's your fault Paddy, I'm picking up an 08 S3 on Thursday!

Good for you :), takes a bit of getting used to after the mighty V6, it needs mapping as pretty lame std TBH not as usable as the 3.2. Comes alive with a basic map.. Post some pic's mate when you get it :)

Will do m8, not really looking forward to taking mine in tbh, think they might have to prize the keys out of my hand lol, but life goes on and I believe it is time for a change for me.
The price of 3.2's on the second hand market make it a good time for buyers and a bad time for sellers at the moment, although I did screw every penny out of the dealer so I'm happy;)

I know what you mean...i wanted mine back for the first 10 days but in the end i had to except the poor old 3.2 was to old to keep going.
I am used to the S3 now...its not better just quite different but it grows on you. a MY11 3lt V6 S5 engine,d S3 would be the answer.

You could tell the pick up was not as crisp as the 3.2 but the biggest change for me will be going back to a manual and 3 doors!

I prefer 3 doors but i couldnt live without DSG !! TBH its why i stick with Audi, that and Quattro. Are you keeping your wheels ?..