handsfree sound quality

musicegbdf

Reaction score
OK this is actually for daughters A1 , but posted on A1 forum and got no response so wondered if you guys will know. She has a 1.4 TFSI Sport with the media pack. This includes bluetooth connection and handsfree via the bluetooth.
The sound quality though is very poor when talking to her. She can hear OK as the call comes through the stereo speakers , I did wonder what microphone is being used. ? Is there a mic fiited in the car or is it using the mic from the phone ..?

I don't have this on my A3 so cannot compare.

Any thoughts.?

Thks

My mic is up in the middle where the interior lights are i think (by the rear view mirror). I have no issues. Even with the window open and driving i can be heard fine.

My mates struggle to hear me clearly on the bluetooth in my A3. (2011)

I have an A3 SB 2011 and have no problems with the sound quality or clarity of the call other than in weaker signal areas (as above i think the mic's by the rear view mirror)

Wow three replies in 30 mins and none from the A1 forum in several days.
Well done guys.. I'll have a look tonight and see if I can see the mic. If it's there I'll have to tell her to shout at the mirror !!!

JBS and Jules are yours bluetooth linked ? What got me wondering is that in the A1 manual they show an attachment that connects the phone in a centre armrest , and it says it then connects to the roof ariel whereas bluetooth uses the phones internal ariel. There is no place to attach on her car (it says it is only available in some countries) , but she does have a roof ariel..I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Again thks guys

Yea i had that for my iPhone 3GS and it does improve signal. It is still connected via bluetooth though, this attachment does not connect it to the car in any other way than signal boost. It doesnt do what you are thinking ;)

Oh and the reason no one has replied on the A1 forum is they are all owned by woman, who most likely forgot there passwords or something

im joking of course :asskicking:

I have an iphone 4 which connects to the bog standard bluetooth that came free with the Black Edition and am assuming it uses the phones aerial but distributes the sound through the speakers...but as i said earlier no complaints and faultless as far as i am concerned (especially as it was a £250 option when purchasing and Audi added it as standard freebie on Black Editions after).

I have an iphone 4 which connects to the bog standard bluetooth that came free with the Black Edition and am assuming it uses the phones aerial but distributes the sound through the speakers...but as i said earlier no complaints and faultless as far as i am concerned (especially as it was a £250 option when purchasing and Audi added it as standard freebie on Black Editions after).

Unless you have the connector in the arm rest your signal wont be boosted
same as this but for the iPhone 4
Audi Merchandise Shop - Phone cradle iPhone 3G/3GS