AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

A3 2.0L TDI Turbo Inlet pipe upgrade?

Hi guys and gals,

as the title says - has anyone done this on their TDI?

if so does it make much difference to throttle response and also does anyone know where i can get hold of the aluminium upgrade kit as i cant find it on the net anywhere for a TDI?

Cheers

Chris

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    I'm actually also interested to know whether this makes a difference on the TDI's. Quite a popular mod on the petrol turbo's...

2007 Audi A3 2.0 TDI Sportback - FRC Tuned (130kW / 415nm)

Neutral

Status
    yeah i know that's why i am intrigued to find out - if it does then its a certain mod for me. i think it will make a difference as an aliminium intake pipe doesn't stretch like the rubber one that is factory fitted

Neutral

Status
    Have a search, as there was a discussion on here a while ago as Forge were looking into developing one.

A3TDI

Status
    what would be the benefit of fitting this? i.e what does it improve on the petrol turbo models?
    Audi A3 2.0Tdi Sport - Personalised Plate, 19" RS6 Wheels, Smoked Rear Lights, Tinted Windows, S3 Rear Bumper, Westfalia Detatchable Towbar, Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust System, Hybrid Turbo, BMC CDA Forced Induction, 345mm Front Brake Upgrade, 310mm Rear Brake Upgrade, EGR Bypass, Custom Stage 2 Remap, Cruise Control, De-Wipered, Bose Speakers, S3 Mirrors, S3 Side Skirts, S3 Boot Spoiler...

Neutral

Status
    The petrols had issues with the boost pipe collapsing after remaps. So with the updated pipe, the pressure could be wound up a little more, I think they claimed up to an extra 10bhp... Though I don't know how accurate that is

In awe of VCDS

Status
    So it doesn't give you an extra 10bhp, it just allows you to turn up the boost by another 10bhp without the pipe being a problem?
    Am I understanding that right?

Or do they mean that you'll gain 10bhp by fitting the pipe?
    Now: 2010 A3 SB S-Line Black Edition 2.0TDi 140CR. Panther Black
    Retro'd: Black S-Line badges | Private Plate | Come home lights activated | Fogs as corning lights activated | Hill hold assist activated | TPMS (via VCDS) activated | 3.5" s/s tailpipe | LED interior lighting.

Gone: 2007 A3 SB Sport TDI 140. Dolphin Grey

Neutral

Status
    Errrm, you may have to find someone who has had it... As tbh I can't remember! I wouldn't want to give you duff Gen.
    I know from the AGU and BAM 1.8t's from the older audis and golfs....