AH FabricationsBadger5
    Neutral

Status

Is there any method to re-program A3 key fob?

Hi

I have a 2004 Audi A3 and my key fob does not open or close the car. I am also unable to open the car manually with the key but i suppose thats a seperate issue as I havent attempted to open the car manually for a year or two.

Fortunately, i can leave my window down so as to not get locked out. The car starts fine so the actual key part and the chip that deactivates the immobilser works fine.

I have VAG COM software, does anyone know if I can re-program the key fob? The battery in the remote was dead for possibly 12 hours or so which has now been replaced so not sure if this has caused the need to re-sync with the car.

If not, i suppose Audi will have to re-program it, for a small fortune.

In addition, I only have one key.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Fossie

Status
    I think the user handbook explains how to re-synch the key fob? If you haven't got one then I'm sure I could sort something.

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    You cant do it. You need to press open on the key fob unlock the door manually and then press the key fob button again within 30 seconds.
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

Status
    The obvious answer if you can get in is to remove the door card, fix the lock barrel as Nige said then you can program your key again

Neutral

Status
    thanks for the responses, i seem to be stuck then, if my door lock worked I suppose i would have a better chance of re-syncing the remote.. If i listen really carefully when i am pressing the buttons, i can hear a very faint clicking noice when i press any of the buttons on the remote but no actual locking. Anyone heard that before? I tried the method in the audi manual but this didnt work. I will call Audi in the morning to see what they say, any ideas if this is something they can do on the spot?

Neutral

Status
    yes, i can get in, i have left the window open for the night, although i dont think the car will lock itself anyway. I suspect removing the door card and attempting to fix the lock barrel is the best idea as that will obviously be my fail safe if the remote ever messes up again. Thats beyoned my skill set though i think. Unless theres some good resource knocking around about what to look out for in there, maybe a common issue..

3rd Gear

Status
    Just a thought mate now u can get in ur car, try sitting in it put ignition on press and hold lock button them release and turn ignition off then do same again but with the open button then put ur window down and get out and try to lock and open it with the key fob

Chris

MY S-LINE 2.0TDI HYBRID PROGRESS

MY PROGRESS THREAD

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Whereabouts are you based Rick?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    I am in the Chorley area, North West UK.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Hey I'd go anywhere if someone paid me too lol, serious note I'd look at fixing it, but at a cost.

Neutral

Status
    I ended up just going to the Audi dealer to sort the key, now i know why they are called the stealers. £69 to re-program a key fob charged at half an hours labour! Well, at least it works and I paid that price as needed it sorting today and some other places said middle of next week etc.

Status
    Learn a lesson here and get a second key or...fix the lock on your car
    Glad you got it sorted .

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I was about to say, that doesnt resolve your door lock issue, so when it happens again you'll be back to square one, your best bet would of been to spend money to make sure it doesnt leave you in that position again, not a quick fix, but at least you'll know this for next time