FK grill help!!!

Sorry, can't help with the fitment but I bought the same grill for my 06 Sline via Amazon and it was delivered very quickly with good emails on the order process and tracking. The kind of German efficiency you'd expect really.

Bought mine off ebay, cheaper that FK direct for the same part.

Any chance someone can point me in the right direction for an FK grill for my 2010? Iv had a look on that FK UK website but doesnt seem to have anything for 2008 onwards. Or anywhere else i can get one? They look just as good a quality as the original audi ones for a quarter of the price.

I've got an S3 all black grill fitted to my A3 S line, you can't fit the S line badge to it without modifying the badge or the grill it's self.

All I have done is remove the bracket where the S3 badge would go and have no badge on the front. Looks pretty smart, the quality is decent but as always you can't beat genuine Audi kit, there is a difference in quality but for £80 notes, what do you expect?

If you wanted a black optics grill direct from Audi i don't think you'd get much change from £300 bags.

Also to the OP, that grill is the wrong one, i think they only make them for the 8P2 A3 and not the 8P3s at the moment.

here is my FK S3 look grill on my A3...
as you can see it has no badge but the holder is there which is completely useless as none of the badges fit it:
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff166/itwasntme187/My Audi/?action=view&current=DSCN2019.jpg
DSCN2019.jpg

i modified the holder and got an sline badge stuck onto it... bad quality Blackberry pic:
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/...ction=view&current=IMG00015-20100802-1333.jpg
IMG00015-20100802-1333.jpg

Actually I think that might be the same position where I had my S line badge on my grill, I used super glue and araldite but I put it on wonky so ripped it off and got rid of the fixing for the S3 badge.

i broke off the badge fixing that came on the grill and then used the brackets that came with the badge and used car body glue on it, the stuff i used to bond my spoiler down... so the thing is on solid.

I see, do you have a really close up shot of the badge glued to the grill please?

Yeah looks like they arent doing grills for 8P3's yet. Iv sent them an email to enquire if they will be extending their range in the near future.

My badge was different to that it had a grey border around the edge and didn't fit flush between the vertical slats. That looks smart.. which badge have you bought to do that, the clips on mine were also different, your's look to be in a different place.

Thanks

it was one i bought off ebay... just came like that with those clip bits sticking out the back.
on the second pic you can see the 2 tabs... i just used car body glue on the top part of that and it is glued onto the slat above it flat on... really easy!
just looked on ebay and the first one came up as the one i have:Audi SLine S-Line S Line Grill Grille Badge with Clips | eBay

So let me get this right mate,

You snapped the S3 badge mounting off (I have also done this).

You bought that badge off eBay (The one in the link).

On the new badge, you used some strong glue to bond the top of the badge to the bottom side the horizontal slat and left it to set/dry.

Did you not use the clips supplied with the badge no? And this can be done without me having to remove the grill from the bumper etc?

Thanks for your help!

exactly as you said :)
did not use the clips provided... and no did not need to remove the grill... held the badge in place for about 5 minutes and now its set like stone :)

the bonding glue like sikaflex will hold pretty much anything onto the car as long as its not a moving part... hence how a spoiler can be glued onto a car

exactly as you said :)
did not use the clips provided... and no did not need to remove the grill... held the badge in place for about 5 minutes and now its set like stone :)

Good good :redface:. Also the way that the badge is positioned against the horizontal slat (once glued), does this keep the badge dead level and straight basically i am wanting to get it OEM as possible as when i fitted a previous badge to this grill i had to use 'rack of eye' and it was straight once the glue had dried lol and i i'd notice it wasn't straight every time i'd come to the car, eventually it ****** me off so i ragged it off.

A thick solution of 'Arallidite' should do the trick shouldn't it?

you can see i lined it up with the top edge so yes its straight... sikaflex is really think glue so the badge can be positions slightly while it is setting.