Totally locked out of Audi A3

rick28

Reaction score
Hi all

Not too sure if this has happened to anyone before, but today when I got to my car to drive home from work I am unable to open the car. At first i thought its probably the battery in the key fob so i went and bought a new battery. I am still unable to get into the car. The key also doesnt do anything when i manually try and open the car. I've never experienced this before. Luckily I had access to another car so as I could get home however I am wondering what my next steps should be. sign up for the AA and hope they can get in and figure out if its the car battery or at least tow it home.. Has anyone had this happen to them before? I dont really want to have to break the window.. Its an 04 A3.

Hi mate same thing happened to me the other week, dont call recovery as they can't get in and the car will be dead locked anyway, the problem is you key has lost it's code for the central locking, i fit batty to my key, managed to get bonnet open and fit jump leads still no gd, and used my brake down cover which was useless and time wasting in the end I smashed the drivers door window if u doake sure u do this window mine was £50 fitted for new glass is I'd done the rest side window it would of been £180 fitted once window was smashed I put key I'm ignition and car fired straight up, but car still wudnt open or lock with remote or manually, I plugged into computer at work re coded key and worked fine, however manually still didn't work and turned out the lock barrel wasn't fit correctly to the lock machanism, all sorted now, hope this help

Chris

If its not opening manually then its possible the barrel plastic lug isnt sat in the door lock properly, I know these fairly well & its a pita to remove & refit door lock & if its ever been removed, then its more than possible the barrel plastic lug wasnt lined up or even positioned so it works properly, may need to get in via another method.

if your gonna smash the window gaffa tape it first the tape will hold the glass less mess!!

If its the key code then use the spare key.

I dont have another key. My fault i didnt replace it. I have taken my key fob to a local auto centre who have tested it and they are saying the keyfob doesnt appear to be working at all despite a battery change. It looks as though the manal lock on the door must not have been working for some time which i wouldnt notice as I never manually open the car. I suppose I need a new key, or to re-program my key although I expect you would need to get into the car first in order to get a new key..

I cant get in the boot either. Theres no key entry on the boot. I am wondering if a new key can be made without having to enter the car?

There was a guy on here the other week that had his car broken into with no damage because the thief used a device that cloned the key signal....If he can do it surely an auto electrician or a locksmith can ??

Ok, I managed to get the AA out on another persons policy and after some time, and some dodgy looking techniques they got into the car. The key still doesnt work though so i will have to keep the window down.... Do you think the key needs to be re-coded by Audi ?