Newbie.. A3 2.0 Tdi 140

Dazza0685

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys just thought id introduce myself as i have been quietly reading about all of your cars and thought id better share my first A3.

A31.png

A32.png

Sorry about the rubbish pics but i havent had chance to clean it and take some better ones.
It not in the league of some of the cars here and one day i have aspirations of a nice S3 but i gotta start somewhere hey.

Only problem i have at the moment is a boost leak on the bottom hose that comes out of the FMIC.. I have taken it apart numerous times but cannot see any issues but it will not seal, Any ideas or shall i just get a new part?

Thanks for looking

Hi there and welcome to the TDI 140 club!

I had the same issue when i bought mine. I had the pipe changed for a minimal cost when it was serviced if i remember right?

Any mods planned?

Welcome & sorry.

Boost pipe seal maybe needs replacing, the clip is not tight in place or needs bending to fit 100% or the pipe end is worn so it doesnt hold in place with the clip.

Clean any oil/crap from the seal area, as this is the lowest point where it would all end up & could be affecting the joint.

Hi Welcome to the forum :happy:

Looks like a tidy car. As said maybe worth changing the pipes. Sure some of the other guys will suggest things to you :thumbsup:

Thanks guys.
Yes i plan to do a few bits to it but nothing to costly as i think i will save for a newer model at some point.
Plans so far include:

Lowering around 30mm
Maybe new wheels
Dark Headlining
Facelift front
Track down some silver interior trims.