Badger5JMB Retrofits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 54
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What are people's opinions of these wheels??

  1. #1
    3.2Q's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    101

    What are people's opinions of these wheels??

    What do u guys think of these Porsche wheels for my A3??

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    munchkincoupe's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    971
    Look ok but you better have good looking brakes behind them!

  4. #3
    slade777's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    763
    997.1 Turbo wheels??? Personally i think they look immense on a Porsche but dont think an A3 can pull it off. Not even the Cayman or Boxster looks right with these IMO.
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140
    .


  5. #4
    3.2Q's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by slade777 View Post
    997.1 Turbo wheels??? Personally i think they look immense on a Porsche but dont think an A3 can pull it off. Not even the Cayman or Boxster looks right with these IMO.
    I know what ur saying mate they are super nice but might look out of place on my a3 hmmm back to the drawing board

  6. #5
    3.2Q's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkincoupe View Post
    Look ok but you better have good looking brakes behind them!
    Yeah lol the brakes are pretty big on the 3.2 so should fill then nicely

  7. #6
    nally's Avatar
    MPG the new BPH

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,102
    not a fan ( little bit like rs6 )

    the new rs3 wheels are the one ( also on black editions)


    2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

  8. #7
    3.2Q's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by nally View Post
    not a fan ( little bit like rs6 )

    the new rs3 wheels are the one ( also on black editions)
    Are these the new RS3 wheels?

  9. #8
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    Quote Originally Posted by 3.2Q View Post
    Are these the new RS3 wheels?
    yes thats them mate , i like them but everybody has got em at the mo lol nice wheels tho to be fair i like the design of them
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  10. #9
    nally's Avatar
    MPG the new BPH

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,102
    you know new ( current )
    new compared with my car any way lol.

    i think these are brilliant.

    the ones you posted are dimond cut/ finish and the lacquer always goes funny on them. my dodge, my wormates golf, and my best mates is200 all foctory fitted wheels ( Not replicas) and they always go dodgy


    2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

  11. #10
    3.2Q's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    101
    Yeah they are nice but they must be mega bucks! I still love the ones that N8 is selling though

  12. #11
    nally's Avatar
    MPG the new BPH

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,102
    his old ones ? vw ones


    2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

  13. #12
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    Quote Originally Posted by nally View Post
    you know new ( current )
    new compared with my car any way lol.

    i think these are brilliant.

    the ones you posted are dimond cut/ finish and the lacquer always goes funny on them. my dodge, my wormates golf, and my best mates is200 all foctory fitted wheels ( Not replicas) and they always go dodgy
    dont forget merc wheels either they do it too and ford rims lots of polished and laquered ones do it , something to do with the road salt we use in this country in winter
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  14. #13
    nally's Avatar
    MPG the new BPH

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,102
    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    dont forget merc wheels either they do it too and ford rims lots of polished and laquered ones do it , something to do with the road salt we use in this country in winter
    good man forgot them

    mk2 focus and loads of merc's

    it dosnt take long either my dodge was 6 months old, and the is200 took about 9 months and they main dealers dont cover them ( dispite them being band new cars)


    2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

  15. #14
    slade777's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    yes thats them mate , i like them but everybody has got em at the mo lol nice wheels tho to be fair i like the design of them
    Agree Fran they are nice but standard on RS3, RS5 and Black Edition. Saw them on an A1 the other day. Suppose its the same as the old RS4 rims they were done on pretty much all Audi models. Shame they dont keep them more exclusive.

    Edit: Just remembered they are on the TTRS as well!!
    Last edited by slade777; 26th July 2011 at 21:33.
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140
    .


  16. #15
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    Quote Originally Posted by nally View Post
    good man forgot them

    mk2 focus and loads of merc's

    it dosnt take long either my dodge was 6 months old, and the is200 took about 9 months and they main dealers dont cover them ( dispite them being band new cars)
    and the mondeo too my sister has a 54 plate mondeo and all the rims are fooked , i know what they types of wheels are like as i respray them all the time in work (in silver) they take ages to do too as you have to strip all the bad bits off real pain in the rear beleve me lol , and yes the main dealers very rarely replace them they cant have any kerb marks at all otherwise they say its down to driver error we have had loads of arguments with the main dealers trying to get new rims out of them lol
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  17. #16
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    Quote Originally Posted by slade777 View Post
    Agree Fran they are nice but standard on RS3, RS5 and Black Edition. Saw them on an A1 the other day. Suppose its the same as the old RS4 rims they were done on pretty much all Audi models. Shame they dont keep them more exclusive.
    yeah thats true mate they should do make them for only the specials like the rs models but there we go cant do anything about it eh lol
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  18. #17
    Sandra's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,487
    I personally like the RS6 wheels on an A3.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP


  19. #18
    3.2Q's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    101
    Ok guys I've been offered these for a good price, what do u think?

  20. #19
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    dont like them sorry dude not my cuppa tea , one of my fav wheels at the mo are the golf mk5 gt sport wheels twin 5 spoke polished faces dark grey insides really like them am thinking of getting a set for mine
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  21. #20
    slade777's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    763
    Personally I think they look too after Market but if you like them thats all that matters!!!
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140
    .


  22. #21
    3.2Q's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    101
    They would just be a stop gap till is save up for some speed lines. Anything is better than my current Sport ones

  23. #22
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    Quote Originally Posted by 3.2Q View Post
    They would just be a stop gap till is save up for some speed lines. Anything is better than my current Sport ones
    if thats the case go for it its your car after all these are just opinion's , mmmmm speedlines
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  24. #23
    nally's Avatar
    MPG the new BPH

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,102
    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    yeah thats true mate they should do make them for only the specials like the rs models but there we go cant do anything about it eh lol
    here here

    for bm its like the repica AC wheels. after two years on the market they where flooded but you cant win. unless you pay silly money


    2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

  25. #24
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    Quote Originally Posted by nally View Post
    here here

    for bm its like the repica AC wheels. after two years on the market they where flooded but you cant win. unless you pay silly money
    exactly mate
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  26. #25
    nally's Avatar
    MPG the new BPH

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,102
    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    if thats the case go for it its your car after all these are just opinion's , mmmmm speedlines
    have you got the ones i had the sort of golf gti/ vectra sri one's i hate mine.i like speed line in anthercite ( more bad spelling )silver is took hard to clean lol

    i am lazy 5 spokes all the way


    2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

  27. #26
    nally's Avatar
    MPG the new BPH

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,102
    sorry wronge quote


    2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

  28. #27
    nally's Avatar
    MPG the new BPH

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,102
    Quote Originally Posted by 3.2Q View Post
    They would just be a stop gap till is save up for some speed lines. Anything is better than my current Sport ones
    this is the quote lol


    2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

  29. #28
    Digzz's Avatar
    "Started From The Bottom"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,383
    I think they look preety good ...



    Last edited by Digzz; 26th July 2011 at 23:58.

  30. #29
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    these are the wheels i like they are on the mk5 gt sport 18" wheels
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  31. #30
    3.2Q's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    101
    Nice!!!

  32. #31
    3.2Q's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by nally View Post
    this is the quote lol
    They are horrible big blocky things! Can't wait to get shut of em

  33. #32
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,137

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Here's another pic:



    Its just not about reps

  34. #33
    nally's Avatar
    MPG the new BPH

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,102
    s3 can pell the wheels of a3 ( non sline cant ) imo just dosnt fit. like them golf ones tho


    2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

  35. #34
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,137

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    More I stare at it, the more something isn't right!

  36. #35
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by 3.2Q View Post
    Ok guys I've been offered these for a good price, what do u think?

    how much did the guy say you could have these for? If you want something that will look better than your current wheels, just grab some oem audi alloys. You can pick up RS6 alloys for less than £300 on ebay and look better than the above.
    I still think your current alloys would look better than the above too max power type for me
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  37. #36
    3.2Q's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash B View Post
    how much did the guy say you could have these for? If you want something that will look better than your current wheels, just grab some oem audi alloys. You can pick up RS6 alloys for less than £300 on ebay and look better than the above.
    I still think your current alloys would look better than the above too max power type for me
    He said I could have them for £200. But now you've said the max power thing I know what ur sayinging lol I think I'm probably best just trying to save some cash then get the ones I really want

  38. #37
    3.2Q's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    101
    A quick question would 5x112 et 42 wheels with 255/35/19's tyres fit or would there be some serious rubbing??

  39. #38
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,137

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    What size are the wheels? You'll need slimmer tyres

  40. #39
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    2,620

    My Social Networking

    Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    Not my favourite Porsche wheel, but they do look better on the car than I thought they would... might be the brakes tricking me though.

    Fran, those VWs are nice, but a bit plain, no? The tyres on that pic look a little thick too. The slightly darker finish would suit your red car though, and presumably not an expensive wheel - they'd be good for winter wheels.
    Hunt is over

    1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

  41. #40
    nally's Avatar
    MPG the new BPH

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,102
    i always like to stick to the same brand. i.e diff audi ones. thats tsw's look like the sline ones


    2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO