I Lol'd; A LOT

Rhyso

Reaction score
Just had a price from Cardiff Audi to retrofit cruise control to the old girl.

Now there was a time when VW, Audi etc were doing this for £150 - £200.

Here's the email I got

Haven spoken to the parts department they have given me a price of £560.16 that is all inclusive of labour parts and VAT. We would need to see the vehicle first to order the specific parts to your vehicle. If you would like this to be carried out please let me know when would be convenient.

:wtf::uhm::wacko:

That's daylight robbery! Jonny on here would fit cruise control to four cars for that sort of money, including all the parts needed. Unreal. :(

Like Paullie said I can fit Cruise for £149 and still make a little profit, its beyond me that Audi think its appropiate to charge so much.

Reactions: George.s
I know, its crazy!!! I'm in the dealers tomorrow any way so I'll ask them exactly how they work it out to be that much!!

Wonder if I'll get 4 new injectors.......

Rhyso you could pay for Jonny to drive down, stay in a 5 star hotel and fit the following morning for the price theyve quoted!!!!

Jonny did mine top job and used it everyday since!!!

I was just about to blindly post that I would fit it for you, but decided to look at your location first. I think it would cost whichever one of us travelled, the same amount in fuel as what Audi have quoted you for the job. It would be cheaper to post your car to me :)

thats just crazy. why rip customers off that much.

I'm wanting it fitted to my S3 but I certainly ain't paying those prices!!

Thats mad, Audi quoted me £250 to fit it to my A3 3 months ago!

Pulling figures out of there **** it seem's, not unsual. I rang Cardiff Audi on Friday asking for a hub flange, told me £106 on the phone, when I turned up Monday it was £90...

that sounds like cardiff (robbing twats) audi they wanted to charge me something like £30 for the red led's in the roof i got it from tps in the end for £9 haha cardiff audi suck assssssssssssss

Probably based more on the fact that they don't have a clue what they are doing rather than ripping you off.

Crewe Audi quoted me £717 + VAT to fit & supply a new front subframe :faint:

Im getting it fitted & supplied by an indy for £160 + VAT.

Like Paullie said I can fit Cruise for £149 and still make a little profit, its beyond me that Audi think its appropiate to charge so much.

Hi Jonny,

I can see your the man to ask about cruise control installation? :) i would love to have that fitted in my a3 mate, where abouts are you first off and would this be possible for you to help me out?

Tried pm'ing you but you have too many messages in your inbox. lol

cheers

chris

I was thinking about this last weekend while driving to and from santa pod,whats needed on the Audi to do this? is it just the stalk required and where abouts are you Jonny ?

Typical Audi!!!
They once told me the RNSe could not be fitted to my A3 MY10, then quoted me £4500 supply and fit:think: Got one off of ebay £350 and fitted myself....Total Saving £4150...Thanks Audi