S3 Coming Soon...

S3 Klec

Reaction score
Evening all, just coming on to say hello! I will very shortly be the proud owner of a brand new S3 Black Edition in Ibis White. A substantial upgrade from my current car a '58' Vauxhall Corsa D SXi 1.4...

It shall be my second car and I am very much looking forward to it! Along with the standard stuff, it will have the comfort pack, light pack and black/silver silk nappa leather as extras.

Luckily I don't have to wait the 3/4 months for a factory order, as the car has already been made and it is just sitting at the German docks waiting to be shipped to the UK. The dealer mentioned that it will most probably get to the UK in 2-3 weeks, but I've decided to wait until the 1st of Sept to pick it up on a '61 plate!

A little about me - I'm 22, into photography, apple products and I work in IT. :icon_thumright:

Very nice choice, and welcome! That is quite a leap, but one I very much doubt you'll regret.

As usual, get some pics up once she arrives (though I'd expect we've all see Ibis BEs before... no offence).

Very nice choice, and welcome! That is quite a leap, but one I very much doubt you'll regret.

As usual, get some pics up once she arrives (though I'd expect we've all see Ibis BEs before... no offence).

No regrets here. Yes it isn't exactly the cheapest car on the market but the way I see it is that you only live once and you never know what might happen. I might as well get a car like this while I can, otherwise my next opportunity at buying a fast new car might be a while off if I end up getting married and having kids etc.

Whats the first mod is the all important question? Oh and welcome to the 4 ring club :wub:

Mod?! Are you mad?! The car has everything I want and could ever need! I've had my Corsa just over 2 years and I haven't modded that. I was fortunate enough to buy one which had the majority of the extras I wanted on it, so there was no need. But each to there own I suppose!

Mod?! Are you mad?! The car has everything I want and could ever need! I've had my Corsa just over 2 years and I haven't modded that. I was fortunate enough to buy one which had the majority of the extras I wanted on it, so there was no need. But each to there own I suppose!

I ordered my car from the factory, cost £31k (paid £27k) with the options, I've been modding it for the last 3.5 years, so yes I guess I am mad :laugh:

Reactions: Paullie
No regrets here. Yes it isn't exactly the cheapest car on the market but the way I see it is that you only live once and you never know what might happen. I might as well get a car like this while I can, otherwise my next opportunity at buying a fast new car might be a while off if I end up getting married and having kids etc.

Go and have a go in a stage 2+ S3 and come back and tell us all you don't want to mod it :) They are a great car in standard form though!

Had mine a week Klec.......I have to drive past a Revo centre to get out of my road.....:) Resistance is futile !!!

Enjoy it, although its a big purchase presuming you dont own a property yet?

If you do then good luck to you! Lovely car, not bias about Ibis or anything though :)

Lovely choice of car! Welcome to ASN. I too thought my S3 had all the extras I could ever have hoped for, ..and then some, but I was quickly bitten by the big bad - and pretty expensive - modding bug, lol. As Paddy says, resistance is futile!

Reactions: FranA3
Lovely choice of car! Welcome to ASN. I too thought my S3 had all the extras I could ever have hoped for, ..and then some, but I was quickly bitten by the big bad - and pretty expensive - modding bug, lol. As Paddy says, resistance is futile!
i think we all say that paulie i wasnt going to mod mine but it only took me 4 days to buy my new wheels as i hated the ****e sport rims lol

I wasn't going to mod mine,

Then I signed up on here and .........

Over 21, Admiral give great deals on car insurance :)

Good lad that you're an Apple geek :D join the club haha

Insurance isn't a problem tbh, I rang Elephant up at the weekend and to swap over to the S3 until the end of my policy which ends in May would only be £355 - so its a bargain! Quotes for 12 months were coming in at £900 which isn't a killer for a 22 year old. Luckily I live in a low risk area, I don't do too many miles a year and I've got 2 years no claims. Sticking my mum and dad on the policy has dropped it - even though I won't let them drive it!

I've just finished a Computer Science degree and I have been able to step straight into a job with the company I did my industrial placement with. I did think if I should be sensible and instead of blowing my savings on a car to save some more and buy a house, but life is too short and while I am living at home, I'm able to save a shed load a month so I can easily build up my savings again! Hopefully my shares will come up trumps and help me out a bit... ;)

So a house is next on my list!

Or the next Apple product to be released... :salute:

Does getting a keyring to add to my car keys class as modding? as that is most probably as far as it will go ;)

Insurance isn't a problem tbh, I rang Elephant up at the weekend and to swap over to the S3 until the end of my policy which ends in May would only be £355 - so its a bargain! Quotes for 12 months were coming in at £900 which isn't a killer for a 22 year old. Luckily I live in a low risk area, I don't do too many miles a year and I've got 2 years no claims. Sticking my mum and dad on the policy has dropped it - even though I won't let them drive it!

I've just finished a Computer Science degree and I have been able to step straight into a job with the company I did my industrial placement with. I did think if I should be sensible and instead of blowing my savings on a car to save some more and buy a house, but life is too short and while I am living at home, I'm able to save a shed load a month so I can easily build up my savings again! Hopefully my shares will come up trumps and help me out a bit... ;)

So a house is next on my list!

Or the next Apple product to be released... :salute:

Does getting a keyring to add to my car keys class as modding? as that is most probably as far as it will go ;)

Oh man now I'm jealous:D. Wish I was in the same position where my outgoings were next to nothing hehe. :rock:

I ordered my car from the factory, cost £31k (paid £27k) with the options, I've been modding it for the last 3.5 years, so yes I guess I am mad :laugh:
Im looking at getting one just now. How did you manage to pay 27k for a new one? Any good tips?

And sorry for the thread hijack. Good luck with the car (im also after a white one and an apple fan in IT lol)

I'm 32 , 4 years no claims and 14 years driving experience and I'm paying £1200 insurance!

I have got 9 points though lol