• 1 Post By N8
  • 1 Post By FranA3
  • 1 Post By NHN
  • 1 Post By Paullie

Thread: S3 Coming Soon...

Reverse Gear

Status

Thumbs up S3 Coming Soon...

Evening all, just coming on to say hello! I will very shortly be the proud owner of a brand new S3 Black Edition in Ibis White. A substantial upgrade from my current car a '58' Vauxhall Corsa D SXi 1.4...

It shall be my second car and I am very much looking forward to it! Along with the standard stuff, it will have the comfort pack, light pack and black/silver silk nappa leather as extras.

Luckily I don't have to wait the 3/4 months for a factory order, as the car has already been made and it is just sitting at the German docks waiting to be shipped to the UK. The dealer mentioned that it will most probably get to the UK in 2-3 weeks, but I've decided to wait until the 1st of Sept to pick it up on a '61 plate!

A little about me - I'm 22, into photography, apple products and I work in IT.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    Very nice choice, and welcome! That is quite a leap, but one I very much doubt you'll regret.

As usual, get some pics up once she arrives (though I'd expect we've all see Ibis BEs before... no offence).
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Whats the first mod is the all important question? Oh and welcome to the 4 ring club

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MartayMcFly View Post
    Very nice choice, and welcome! That is quite a leap, but one I very much doubt you'll regret.

As usual, get some pics up once she arrives (though I'd expect we've all see Ibis BEs before... no offence).
    No regrets here. Yes it isn't exactly the cheapest car on the market but the way I see it is that you only live once and you never know what might happen. I might as well get a car like this while I can, otherwise my next opportunity at buying a fast new car might be a while off if I end up getting married and having kids etc.

Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Whats the first mod is the all important question? Oh and welcome to the 4 ring club
    Mod?! Are you mad?! The car has everything I want and could ever need! I've had my Corsa just over 2 years and I haven't modded that. I was fortunate enough to buy one which had the majority of the extras I wanted on it, so there was no need. But each to there own I suppose!

2nd Gear

Status
    welcome bro, and nice choice of motor

events moderator

Status
    22 and driving (soon) a S3 well in mate oh and welcome to the club too btw
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by S3 Klec View Post
    Mod?! Are you mad?! The car has everything I want and could ever need! I've had my Corsa just over 2 years and I haven't modded that. I was fortunate enough to buy one which had the majority of the extras I wanted on it, so there was no need. But each to there own I suppose!
    I ordered my car from the factory, cost £31k (paid £27k) with the options, I've been modding it for the last 3.5 years, so yes I guess I am mad

events moderator

Status
    its only a matter of time n8 you know that bro haha
    Paullie likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    No regrets here. Yes it isn't exactly the cheapest car on the market but the way I see it is that you only live once and you never know what might happen. I might as well get a car like this while I can, otherwise my next opportunity at buying a fast new car might be a while off if I end up getting married and having kids etc.

Go and have a go in a stage 2+ S3 and come back and tell us all you don't want to mod it They are a great car in standard form though!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Mod?! Are you mad?!
    Dont worry, you'll soon see the light lol
    Paullie likes this.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    haha couldnt agree more

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Had mine a week Klec.......I have to drive past a Revo centre to get out of my road.....:-) Resistance is futile !!!
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post

5th Gear

Status
    Welcome to the club, insurance will be a killer though..
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    Enjoy it, although its a big purchase presuming you dont own a property yet?

If you do then good luck to you! Lovely car, not bias about Ibis or anything though
    Ibis - Bose - Light & Rain Pack - Parking Sensors - BT Prep

Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Hmm Nova or 8L, nova or 8L, I think I made the wrong choice

MPG the new BPH

Status
    welcome. looking farward to some pics

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

Banana Menace!

Status
    Lovely choice of car! Welcome to ASN. I too thought my S3 had all the extras I could ever have hoped for, ..and then some, but I was quickly bitten by the big bad - and pretty expensive - modding bug, lol. As Paddy says, resistance is futile!
    FranA3 likes this.
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paullie View Post
    Lovely choice of car! Welcome to ASN. I too thought my S3 had all the extras I could ever have hoped for, ..and then some, but I was quickly bitten by the big bad - and pretty expensive - modding bug, lol. As Paddy says, resistance is futile!
    i think we all say that paulie i wasnt going to mod mine but it only took me 4 days to buy my new wheels as i hated the ****e sport rims lol

Shark in a Goldfishes clothing

Status
    I wasn't going to mod mine,

Then I signed up on here and .........

Call me Dan :)

Status
    Over 21, Admiral give great deals on car insurance

Good lad that you're an Apple geek :D join the club haha
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

Phantom Black | Leather Seats | Heated Seats | Black Optics | AMI | Badges Deletion | Rear Sunblind | Armrest | Darkened Glass | S3 Chrome Grill | H+R 10mm Spacers up Front | H+R 13mm Spacer at Rear | Mtec Cosmos Blue Bulbs | Cared for Paint Work |

Reverse Gear

Status
    Insurance isn't a problem tbh, I rang Elephant up at the weekend and to swap over to the S3 until the end of my policy which ends in May would only be £355 - so its a bargain! Quotes for 12 months were coming in at £900 which isn't a killer for a 22 year old. Luckily I live in a low risk area, I don't do too many miles a year and I've got 2 years no claims. Sticking my mum and dad on the policy has dropped it - even though I won't let them drive it!

I've just finished a Computer Science degree and I have been able to step straight into a job with the company I did my industrial placement with. I did think if I should be sensible and instead of blowing my savings on a car to save some more and buy a house, but life is too short and while I am living at home, I'm able to save a shed load a month so I can easily build up my savings again! Hopefully my shares will come up trumps and help me out a bit...

So a house is next on my list!

Or the next Apple product to be released...

Does getting a keyring to add to my car keys class as modding? as that is most probably as far as it will go

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Does getting a keyring to add to my car keys class as modding? as that is most probably as far as it will go
    I'll remember that line

5th Gear

Status
    Insurance isn't a problem tbh, I rang Elephant up at the weekend and to swap over to the S3 until the end of my policy which ends in May would only be £355 - so its a bargain! Quotes for 12 months were coming in at £900 which isn't a killer for a 22 year old. Luckily I live in a low risk area, I don't do too many miles a year and I've got 2 years no claims. Sticking my mum and dad on the policy has dropped it - even though I won't let them drive it!

I've just finished a Computer Science degree and I have been able to step straight into a job with the company I did my industrial placement with. I did think if I should be sensible and instead of blowing my savings on a car to save some more and buy a house, but life is too short and while I am living at home, I'm able to save a shed load a month so I can easily build up my savings again! Hopefully my shares will come up trumps and help me out a bit...

So a house is next on my list!

Or the next Apple product to be released...

Oh man now I'm jealous:D. Wish I was in the same position where my outgoings were next to nothing hehe.

Now:

/ Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

Advanced In Car Technologies

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Ha. Well done...

I'm waiting for my new BE to arrive and already have a list of mods waiting

Neutral

Status
    I ordered my car from the factory, cost £31k (paid £27k) with the options, I've been modding it for the last 3.5 years, so yes I guess I am mad
    Im looking at getting one just now. How did you manage to pay 27k for a new one? Any good tips?

And sorry for the thread hijack. Good luck with the car (im also after a white one and an apple fan in IT lol)

5th Gear

Status
    good question how can you get brand new S3 for 27k?

Now:

Shark in a Goldfishes clothing

Status
    I'm 32 , 4 years no claims and 14 years driving experience and I'm paying £1200 insurance!

I have got 9 points though lol

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDejavu View Post
    good question how can you get brand new S3 for 27k?
    Naths got a mapped 2.0Tdi but it's no normal 2.0tdi it's sex on wheels!!!
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140