Oil light warning opinions needed

luke1234

Reaction score
Hey guys, I took my car into the Audi garage to have the oil service done, this was 2600 miles ago, however the oil warning light has now come on to my surprise! Is this normal?? Just makes me wonder if Audi touched the car when I took it in.

Hmmmmmm Have you checked the level??....Oil warning could also indicate pressure issue.......

Checked and its very low, i am quite annoyed about it 2bh paid all that money and seems to be they have barley filled it:mad:

Audi state it is exceptable for an engine to use 1 litre per 800 - 1000 miles.....

How often do you check the oil level and what engine is it?

O really thanks for that bit of information Scott! I check the oil level once a month and the engine is the 1.8 Tfsi, do you think its worth complaining about??

O really thanks for that bit of information Scott! I check the oil level once a month and the engine is the 1.8 Tfsi, do you think its worth complaining about??

It's got to be worth going back and seeing what they say about it... You say the oil was changed 2600 miles ago but how long ago was that? For me to cover that mileage your talking nearly 6 months!!

It's got to be worth going back and seeing what they say about it... You say the oil was changed 2600 miles ago but how long ago was that? For me to cover that mileage your talking nearly 6 months!!

Yer i guess ill be having a trip to them tomorrow then! The oil service took place in March!

TBH if its only just popped up, just top up & see what occurs then, I mean its nearly 3k driving & 4 months later, dont think its anythiing to worry about ATM.

they do use oil mate its just a fact of them most cars do use a bit of oil , might be worth getting checked out anyway just to be sure nothing is amiss