HELP !!!

Zorty

Reaction score
Hi all i have just finished my Audi a3 55 reg to a S3 Facelift

the issues i have are:

1. my Headlights are wired in by my mate who used the wiring from a S3 and as long as you turn your headlights on then srart the car they are ok but if you flash they start to flicker.
the DRL dont work
PS when i bought the Headlights the indicator bulbs where missing and also the passenger side indicator connector wa also missing

2. the dumbo door mirrors are installed and wired in to the indicators that where on the previous wing. the mirrors will flash 5 times then go off..

PLZ HELP

What kind of headlights did you fit? Do you have access to VCDS etc?

Your car will be expecting a certain current drain from the side repeaters, now you've changed them from bulbs to LEDs this will be less & the car will detect this as a fault & switch off the power to them. To do the job correctly you would need new door modules, some rewiring & perhaps a newer convenience module depending on what is fitted to your car. It might be possible to get round it with the use of resisters?

Thanks Khufu

i have fitted the new s3 headlights with the DRL drom a 2010 s3 using s3 wiring loom.

the are flickering soon as i flash or if i turn on the lights after i start the car.

the DRL dont work at all.

can you help.

You will need to code the lights for them to work properly. You need to use VCDS and go in to the Central electronic module (number 9) and tell the car it has bi-xenons & DRLs now. Depending on what module is fitted to your car this may not be possible though. I have just recently upgraded mine as it was too old & didnt support either of the above. I also had to rewire some of the connections. Try a search for fitting bi-xenons etc, there is a lot to cover.

thanks mate..

do you know any one that can do all this eg garage around leeds or anywhere.

you could try the VCDS section of the forum to see if there are any members nearby that could code for you.