Updating ETKA files

NCRAW

Reaction score
Hi All,

Got the ETKA 7.3 working but need to set the computer clock back everytime I use it otherwise it will give me the "files out of date and need updating" message. Where can I access the update files?
The latest Audi Update I have is 855 which is old already.

Also how do you use the VIN no function. When I put my VIN it then goes to Sales Type and then basically I have to select a type (and Im not sure which one it is, Im assuming it is the 8P1A for the S3 2008 pre facelift). Is there a way of accessing the online VIN system?

Thanks guys

This is a slightly fuller address:

http://files.mytouareg.info/autoindex.php5?dir=ETKA_7_Updates/ETKA 7.3 International/Updates/Audi/

You will need to log in to the basic www.mytouareg.info first to register. You then go to the ETKA7.3 and then the International section
The link above takes you there and to the Audi section. The latest update is 8670 say if you are at 8550 you will need to do all the updates in between.

When you click on an update it will give you the chance to save it. Save to c:\program files\etka\VWAU\DATA\AU\Update (assuming c:\program files\etka id where ETKA is located on your computer). You can download all the files one at a time into the directory and Etka will update each one in turn when you next go into the program. You can then save the above link and go in every once in a while to pick up the latest update. Ekta is often updated several times a month.

If you get stuck come back or send me a PM and I will help if I can.

Please do this via PM's guys, as the more its broadcast, the more chance he will be closed down, he does a good job for many, so lets not make it hard for him :)

Please do this via PM's guys, as the more its broadcast, the more chance he will be closed down, he does a good job for many, so lets not make it hard for him :)

Good point, but I think the laws about availability of information like ETKA in the US are quite different and his site does not in fact break any laws. I agree he does an excellent job for all of us.

Maybe so, but lets not tempt fate Dave huh, that resource gone would serious pee of hell allot of people :)

I'll prepare a standard PM reply about how to update the ETKA files so that if any one wants to know how to do it they can just PM me and I will send a copy to them.