Electrics help.

hrmburnett

Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me.. I have a 55 plate A3 Sportback Sport, and recently I have been having some electrical problems, and was wondering if they were related or if it has just been bad luck.....

1. Rear wiper motor has stopped working (spray works, but just doesn't wipe - and can't hear the motor trying to turn.

2. The left front dipped headlight blew, and I tried changing it today with 2 bulbs that I had, but the light did not come on and the error still came up on the dash....

3. The Symphony radio started to smoke yesterday and has now stopped working...

I checked all of the fuses and they all seem to be ok... Whilst doing this, and when I had the engine bay open, I heard a strange buzz/almost radio alarm in the engine bay coming from the front of the engine block. It also sounded like electrical clicking.....

Can someone tell me what the heck is going on, and whether all of these are related, or whether its Friday the 13th here!!!

Thanks Howard.

1. wipers motors are know to go, can seize due to corrosion.
2. could it be a bad connection on the plug? Corroded or blackend from sparking? Did you check bulb was def blown?
3. smoke????? I'd pull it out and check for damage to the wiring, if its the unit then time to bin and go for RNS-E LOL

They aren't linked, more bad luck TBH. Buzzing & clicking from engine bay is natural, can be aircon etc.