Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lance-22

Thread: 2.0TDI Power Figures

A3TDI

Status

2.0TDI Power Figures

Hi Guys, recently had my A3 on the rollers, and am interested to see what power figures people with the same/similar upgrades have seen?

My car is a 2.0tdi with full milltek turbo back system, bmc cda forced induction, hybrid turbo (turbo solutions) with a custom remap.

The rolling road print out showed 204bhp at the flywheel, 178bhp at the wheels, and 289lb ft of torque.
    Audi A3 2.0Tdi Sport - Personalised Plate, 19" RS6 Wheels, Smoked Rear Lights, Tinted Windows, S3 Rear Bumper, Westfalia Detatchable Towbar, Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust System, Hybrid Turbo, BMC CDA Forced Induction, 345mm Front Brake Upgrade, 310mm Rear Brake Upgrade, EGR Bypass, Custom Stage 2 Remap, Cruise Control, De-Wipered, Bose Speakers, S3 Mirrors, S3 Side Skirts, S3 Boot Spoiler...

2. # ADS
    ADS

TFSI Addict...

Status
    Was it originally a TDI 140?
    '59 A3 Sportback 1.8 T FSI Sport S-Tronic Ibis White

A3TDI

Status
    Yes it was a standard 2.0TDI 140 when i bought it..
    Audi A3 2.0Tdi Sport - Personalised Plate, 19" RS6 Wheels, Smoked Rear Lights, Tinted Windows, S3 Rear Bumper, Westfalia Detatchable Towbar, Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust System, Hybrid Turbo, BMC CDA Forced Induction, 345mm Front Brake Upgrade, 310mm Rear Brake Upgrade, EGR Bypass, Custom Stage 2 Remap, Cruise Control, De-Wipered, Bose Speakers, S3 Mirrors, S3 Side Skirts, S3 Boot Spoiler...

6th Gear

Status
    what clutch do you have standard ?
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs / Oil catch can

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm

FLYWHEEL + HELIX CLUTCH KIT FOR SALE

Meow.

Status
    Got a copy of the graph?

A3TDI

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tdi-man View Post
    what clutch do you have standard ?
    yes running the standard clutch currently with no problems at all!

6th Gear

Status
    Can u put a puc up with them 19s on ad in thinking of getting sum
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs / Oil catch can

A3TDI

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
    Got a copy of the graph?
    Yes i got given a torque graph, a power graph and a summary sheet. Think most places supply you with this after a rolling road test!

Meow.

Status
    Post them up!

Neutral

Status
    I had my 2.0 TDI 140 mapped by Awesome GTi with just a KnN panel filter and it made 186bhp and 367lb-ft. Hopefully will have an exhaust system soon for it.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    367ft-lb?

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

1st Gear

Status
    Well once i get my turbo back i'll get mine mapped and RRd.

I'll have milltek TDE, Uprated FMIC, hybrid turbo and obv stage 2. Will be interesting to see what i get.

6th Gear

Status
    186 sounds about right . 367lb sounds clutch destroying.

Quote Originally Posted by lanky View Post
    I had my 2.0 TDI 140 mapped by Awesome GTi with just a KnN panel filter and it made 186bhp and 367lb-ft.
    Hopefully will have an exhaust system soon for it.

Neutral

Status
    The clutch seems fine to be honest. Below is a copy of my Power graph I was given.

Meow.

Status

Neutral

Status
    Whats that about?

A3TDI

Status
    Post them up!
    will try and load them on tomorrow..

A3TDI

Status
    I had my 2.0 TDI 140 mapped by Awesome GTi with just a KnN panel filter and it made 186bhp and 367lb-ft. Hopefully will have an exhaust system soon for it.
    that seems really strange, over 70lb-ft of torque more with fewer mods! can anyone explain this? faulty torque reading perhaps? or should my torque reading be higher? any other diesel tuners out there got any figures to go off?
    dvalve1 likes this.

A3TDI

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by glasgowal View Post
    Well once i get my turbo back i'll get mine mapped and RRd.

I'll have milltek TDE, Uprated FMIC, hybrid turbo and obv stage 2. Will be interesting to see what i get.
    definitely let us know what you get, will be interesting to compare graphs and see if/how much the fmic is giving you..something ive considered before but been told it will give very little in terms of added performance!

Neutral

Status
    It started life as a 2.0 tdi (140).
    It has had full Milltek with large bore downpipe, BMC CDA induction kit, EGR Delete and a custom remap on a rolling road.
    Figures say 197HP and 323 Ft Lbs
    It's a DSG so no clutch issues.

Shark in a Goldfishes clothing

Status
    The clutch seems fine to be honest. Below is a copy of my Power graph I was given.

I'm new to Audi but looking at these graphs compared to others I've seen and some of my own in the past, isn't it a bit 'all over the place' ?

I would expect a remap to be a nice steady climb up to peak power etc?
    Last edited by Sock; 22nd July 2011 at 10:01.

Meow.

Status
    Whats that about?
    That's mega torque!

Here's my graph from my 170 with a remap. 205bhp & 301lb-ft

Shark in a Goldfishes clothing

Status
    As above, that's more like what I would expect

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Some rollers make up their figures! It's all about how it drives anyway, you'd know if you had 367ft-lb - and if manual your clutch would be long gone!

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

:)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Some rollers make up their figures! It's all about how it drives anyway, you'd know if you had 367ft-lb - and if manual your clutch would be long gone!
    I agree,
    How does anyone on here know if the rollers their car has been on have been calibrated correctly or not?????

Neutral

Status
    To be honest i thought it was abit high but considering it made 146bhp before the remap it seemed to be about right unless they changed the correctional calculations in the computer when they mapped it.

To be honest i tend not to drive the car hard anway so i dont think the clutch would do unless i was driving like a noob everywhere.

1st Gear

Status
    Thing is i want my car mapped by awesome but they charge like 600 quid for a map...

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Are you based in Glasgow?

6th Gear

Status
    I don't trust rolling roads that much, apparently my old DSG 140 TDI A3 was running 150.4 bhp standard.
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by glasgowal View Post
    Thing is i want my car mapped by awesome but they charge like 600 quid for a map...
    Awesome GTi only charge £300 for a map mate, well thats all they charged me anyway.

Neutral

Status
    Hello people.

That is correct. Full custom remap with before and after rolling road print outs is £300.00 Inc vat
    A Generic remap £199.00 Inc vat

Thanks

Hassan

A3TDI

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by martinivw View Post
    I agree,
    How does anyone on here know if the rollers their car has been on have been calibrated correctly or not?????
    this is true, you wont know if it is exactly correct, but it should give a reasonably accurate representation unless your using a rolling road at some dodgy backstreet garage..im pretty sure most decent tuning companies will have well calibrated rolling roads.

:)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AidenUK View Post
    I don't trust rolling roads that much, apparently my old DSG 140 TDI A3 was running 150.4 bhp standard.
    All VAG diesels official power figures are lower than the engine actually produces!! (don't know why)

As far from JBS as possible !

Status

Sorry not a good map with a torque spike like that. Mapped for big numbers and probably smokey not for good driving plus very bad map for the clutch and other transmission parts. Car would be much more drivable and better mapped if the peak torque was set at about 320-330 lb.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

1st Gear

Status
    What the a3 2.0 tdi 140 bhp like when you have had them mapped because to be fair there not that fast standard

1st Gear

Status
    Are you based in Glasgow?
    Yeah i am.

Awesome GTi only charge £300 for a map mate, well thats all they charged me anyway.
    I was told over the phone £600 D:

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeHassan View Post
    Hello people.

That is correct. Full custom remap with before and after rolling road print outs is £300.00 Inc vat
    A Generic remap £199.00 Inc vat

Thanks

Hassan
    Oooh, might be in contact soon!!!

A3TDI

Status
    Here is a copy of my graphs, apologies for the quality i had to photograph them with my phone as my scanner isnt working..

power graph:

torque graph:

summary sheet: