New member, A3 help?

Ajay92

Reaction score
Hi all, i've just joined up as i have just placed an order for my new Ibis White A3 1.4 TFSI S-Line.:yahoo:

I would like to do some performance mods to it, but havn't found many around. I have found a remap at AMD essex which gives 25bhp. But can anyone recommend any exhausts and air filters?

Will also be considering exterior mods so if anyone has any ideas please help me!! :thumbsup:

Thanks
:sm4:

welcome. nice colour choice not sure on mods for exterior if is got day runners i would leave as stock. some of the s3 owners normally know a lot on tuning.

Forget filter as wont do much at all tbh, exhaust, tbh on that engine, you probably wouldnt notice any difference, even on larger engine cars, exhaust upgrades mostly dont make any real difference to warrant the average £500 outlay on 90% of cars.

as said exhaust and filters wont give you much more than a bit of noise to be honest.Maybe look at suspension and alloys instead?

Unfortunately due to my age this is the largest engine i can get insured on. I was already considering 19" BBS CHR's in anthracite. Maybe i will just stick to the remap then. Thanks!!

Remap is your best option to be fair. How much BHP has it got stock? Will be fairly nippy when it is remapped.

Welcome Ajay92

Congrats on the Purchase indeed!!

Wait for REVO to come out with the software if not done already...

LOL would be funny to see a Stage 2+ 1.4 TFSI hawling ***!!! Upsetting some bigger guns!!

Goodluck!

The first BT 1.4? That's a plan I'd like to see attempted. Not sure any of the usual big tuning houses will have much in the way of tried'n'tested maps, so might be worth looking at a custom map from a smaller company/independent.

Seriously though, not a lot performance wise (that I've heard of, anyway) so cosmetic upgrades will probably have to do for you. 19"s are a great shout, but you'll need to lower it too or the wheels will look awkward - look for kriminal's red SB on 19" rotors before he lowered it... comical.

Even cosmetic mods might affect your insurance though, so maybe worth checking with them before you go spending money on stuff you can't use. Best bet is to get a nice set of OEM alloys that "could have been an option", pretty sure they can't sting you for that.

+1...

PS - if you gonna put mags they have to be EXACTLY the same as the OEM ones (Offset, Size, J and the Tyres as well...) - else (depending on the dealer) they will / might not cover Control Arms, CV's and the likes...

Bigger wheels places strain on the steering and other turningparts...