Audi S3 (pre-facelift) Sat Nav

Peachy

Reaction score
If someone can help me out that would be great, I've tried searching but no luck.

I have an '08 Audi S3 with nav, it seems to be pretty basic and only brings up the directions on my dash and not on the actual nav screen, do I need to upgrade the disc or something, or am I just confusing the settings?

I've seen different discs available for the S3s but don't want to buy something which will be useless. I also saw a picture of an interior of one the same year as mine and it had a full colour nav with a map of the UK, I can't seem to get mine to do this.

Thanks
Lauryn

I'm afraid that you need new rns-e unit to be fitted instead of the current one, I assume you've got this OEM nav where you get no colour display and all the extra functions are limited.

I'm afraid that you need new rns-e unit to be fitted instead of the current one, I assume you've got this OEM nav where you get no colour display and all the extra functions are limited.

:(

Thanks though.

I'm confused... do you have an RNS-E unit? Or is there another nav setup for S3s - one that doesn't use RNS-E?

she's got this bns unit i thnik
audi_bns5_8p-1_1_1573.jpg

I didn't know that was even a thing... I guess the "Audi NavigationPlus" makes more sense now that I know there's a non-plus option.

Quick question (I'm a non sat nav owner) - does it have the SD card slots for handling MP3's? I noticed the CD/MP3 button, 'tis all...

Beat me to it. Mine is **** isn't it :laugh: :(

In that case, you will have to get an RNS-E unit to get the colour maps... they look very similar, just has a bigger screen (that tilt/slides out to put discs in behind).

Quick question (I'm a non sat nav owner) - does it have the SD card slots for handling MP3's? I noticed the CD/MP3 button, 'tis all...

I think it'll be for using ipod connection/AMI or the AUX plug, not SD cards.

i have this unit as well its the bns 5.0 ..

its the same model as this ,,non colour screen ,must have been one of the first units made for the s3,good knows why there still making it ,, come on audi get your finger out,lol

Peachy if you need a supplier/installer for an rns-e, give me a shout :)

Reactions: A13x
There's a couple in the ebay sticky thread, Lauryn. Or get Nigel (NHN) to source and install a proper RNS-e unit.

Last edited: