electronic wing mirrors

g5604

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just picked up a 58 sportback, all looking good apart from the electronic wing mirrors appear to be broken.

I have a button on the drivers site with 3 settings (left, heated, right) should I just have to flick this left or right for the mirrors to fold? is this is a common problem that would be fixed under warrenty?

g.

Fold??? left and right are to adjust the mirror glass!
are you sure you have power folding mirrors installed? you would need to set it to centre for it to fold if its there.

sorry, i meant move! the glass does not move!

On mine it's "3" and "9" o'clock to adjust them.. "12" o'clock for heated, and "6" o'clock for the folding options.. And it's clearly labeled around the button

Then yeah.. It does sound like they are not working.. When you try and adjust them, can you hear the motor in the mirror, or is there just nothing at all?

car supermarket, it still has 6 months warranty so hopefully audi will pick up the bill. I was just wondering if there was a quick fix i could try myself to save the trip to the dealer.

have a check through the fuse box to see its not something stupid like that... other than that i would let them sort it out rather then mess about with it yourself...
of course we could advise you to get the car scanned for faults... yada yada yada... but if you have just bought it why not take advantage of the warranty?

You could with vcds, use measuring blocks to see if it actually sees the switch being moved/used, if this isnt registering, then its probably not plugged into the door card.