I popped in Audi to get a few bits and.....

orfink

Reaction score
I found this :drool:

photo.jpg

Reactions: claretblue, JP-A3, FranA3 and 2 others
Is it me or does it not look much different to an S3 SB, assuming this is a lot quicker, is that all the RS3 is, more powerful engine with a few extra trick bits over the S3 and a massive price tag?

Looks a smart machine though!

Reactions: paddy and ryanstewart9
Which dealer is this?

It's at Audi Birmingham.

As I was leaving I spotted another one round the back in the pound, the guy I spoke to said they had the white one in last week.

It's a cracking looking car, but the aesthetic changes are very subtle. There's a few little tweaks inside and out, but take off the RS3 badge and I doubt if you'd spot the difference.

Me personally, I'd have one but not at the price they're asking!!!

Thanks chap
The one you spotted round the back, was that White also?

Have to say it would look alot better in a 3 door. It just doesnt look right in a estate lol

How much is it priced up for

At first glance of the photo with your caption "I found this :drool:" i was thinking 'yh so? its another SB'
Then i saw the front grill and realised its an RS3... its sad that only looking at the plate and the honeycomb grill that you realise what it is... I think audi are being way too lazy and just trying to pocket in some cash with the new engine tweeks... i mean they could have flared out the arches and given it a unique 'RS3 colour'....
Even the Focus RS can be spotted half a mile away just by the way it looks

Reactions: tyrrelll and RedDejavu
Wonder how it would look with the red and black rim on this which they have on the red rs3

i mean they could have flared out the arches and given it a unique 'RS3 colour'....
Even the Focus RS can be spotted half a mile away just by the way it looks

One of the main reasons i cant stand the RS. If you want garish loud looks you have the option of the Focus. If you want understated looks with huge power then you have the RS3. I wont be buying this car new but i will be looking at one in about 3 years after they have dropped in price.

Ill take it de-badged for further fun when the occasion arises to 'blow away' other cars :D

I like the Focus RS, but I wouldn't buy one :wub:

neither would I, but was just making a point on the looks of the car being different to the standard model.... sale applies to the R32! can tell from a distance its not a GTI or 2.0 TDI.

If only it was like this artists impression:

2010_audi_rs3_artists_rendering_1_zoomed.jpg

2010_audi_rs3_artists_rendering_2_zoomed.jpg
now thats what i mean... something that actually looks different... doesnt need to be so loud but enough for the money you are paying for it!

neither would I, but was just making a point on the looks of the car being different to the standard model.... sale applies to the R32! can tell from a distance its not a GTI or 2.0 TDI.

Not really, is this an R32:
vw_passat_r36_front.jpg

ok now your getting boring! and besides you cant even see the crappy pics you put up

i was just saying that the RS3 looks like an S3 SB and should have been designed much better to actually look like a £40k car!

ok now your getting boring! and besides you cant even see the crappy pics you put up

i was just saying that the RS3 looks like an S3 SB and should have been designed much better to actually look like a £40k car!

The pictures are small to make a point. From a distance they look the same although ones a golf and the other is a passat. All manufacturers keep a similar look throughout their range with subtle differences. A 335i M sport looks like an M3 from a distance, The RS3 is instanly recognisable to people who know what to look for, i think that its a good point. Not everone wants people to know they have a £40k+ car. I could leave it in a car park and most people would presume its 'just another audi'
Try doing that with a Focus RS.
If anyone can spot the difference between an S4 and RS4 they are doing well, S5 and RS5 they are also very keen eyed. Not sure why people thought the A3 would have a radically different RS model over the S model.

i agree lingy..

Im 99% sure i saw a black RS3 yesterday.. it went past me but i genuinely couldnt see whether it was an RS3 or a S3. they are too closely styled to the S3

I think i'd rather buy a normal 8P S3 second hand then get a bonnet like the white one above and a wide arch kit, rear bumper, custom exhaust like the blue one above, respray, stage 2 remap, the car would stand out more and I'd still have enough spare change to take a holiday ;)