I popped in Audi to get a few bits and.....

I just wonder if they'll bring out a RS3 diesel in a couple of years time, like they did with the TT Mk2.

I just so wish they 'beefed' it up a bit more - rolled out arches a bit wider...nothing OVER dramatic, just something more than what they've aesthetically given us....

....it's probably gonna be the first A3 that people will be disagreeing on de-badging as people wouldn't recognise it as being worth £40k otherwise

An RS3 is not going to be a any where close to the running costs of a ferrari, nor will they be near a GTR. The insurance alone will be a huge chunk of money, never mind the services, parts, labour costs of maintaining those cars.

The fact is im saying im looking at an RS3 once the value drops as i do partially agree with you its too much, i dont think the other cars are comparable though.

Totally understand that and agree with you on running costs the moment we talk second hand its understandable within 2 years on the road the rs3 would make alot more sense on the used market. Brand new however you would have to be a die hard lover to pay that money. Stunning car but over priced in a mass market especially when the S3 is equally stunning available now in a 5 door and a whole lot more affordable.

I was just making a direct comparison on brand new purchase prices to many other things which you could buy for less than that especially if you can plunge for a large purchase as such there are alot more higher pedigree cars on the market.

Save the money, buy the 2.5 engine and stick it in a 3 door S3

Doubt its that straight forward!

i would simply just buy a TTRS, looks better than both the 3dr & 5dr and also has a much better chassis, not to mention it comes with one of them amazing futuristic sticks that you have to move to make the gear change when you want it to.. And in terms of looks it kills an A3 and also, Audi actually got the styling right with the TTRS.. It looks much better than the TTS or TT S-Line.. so is therefore deserved of a RS badge

Now thats

:end_of_discction:

Reactions: RedDejavu
Not a fan, no rear seat room and small boot so out the window for me on that

i would simply just buy a TTRS, looks better than both the 3dr & 5dr and also has a much better chassis, not to mention it comes with one of them amazing futuristic sticks that you have to move to make the gear change when you want it to.. And in terms of looks it kills an A3 and also, Audi actually got the styling right with the TTRS.. It looks much better than the TTS or TT S-Line.. so is therefore deserved of a RS badge

Now thats

end_of_discction.gif

In what way does a TTRS differ from a TT or TTS in looks ? where a S3 and A RS3 dosnt ? Never had you down as a hair dresser ? :)

Last edited:
That is where they made the biggest mistake with the TT RS.....they left the TT badge on it.

Reactions: paddy
Not a fan, no rear seat room and small boot so out the window for me on that

end_of_discction.gif

In what way does a TTRS differ from a TT or TTS in looks ? where a S3 and A RS3 dosnt ? Never had you down as a hair dresser ? :)

lol! Im not but i have a serious soft spot for the TT...Had a 3.2 S-Line with 19's as a courtesy for a month once, loved it! well the TT-RS has a fixed rear wing, Beautiful front end (which was unique but the new diesel S-Lines have sort of got close to it) Then there is the Dual exit oval "RS" tailpipes.... im trying to think of more :nyah:

No brainer after seeing that car!!! TTRS all day long!!! Or for the £40k price tag I would be swaying towards a C63 AMG!!!

But the sound of it is one of the best V8 sounds!
My old mans looking at one at the moment just the everyday running costs are the same as most supercars. Having said that they've just face lifted it so second hand ones will drop a bit.
Talk of them loosing the 6.2 V8 and going more "economical" soon as well last of the dying breed :(

What an effeminate bunch you are !! do they do a TTRS with matching lipstick ??

audi_ttrs_in_pink.jpg
Girlabouttown.jpg

Oh yes :) girl about town from Max factor is near. :lmfao:

I know I will get hammered for saying this but.......

I'm not 'feeling' the TT RS :(

Just something about it that does nothing for me. *Stands up and waits for a good kicking*