A3 Sportback - 2.0TFSi or 3.2 V6

Hello A3/S3 owners!

I now find myself with a VAG itch again.
I agree with your choices, but this part is maybe something you should talk to a gynaecologist about?!?

Lol spending people's money again N8?

( I popped onto Sharks website last night lol ) :)

It just comes naturally to me, I'm a gardener afterall - planting seeds in people's heads :laugh: I'll be mapping soon and will be able to offer ASN members a discount :wub:

my S3 isnt mapped...yet (yes N8, I'm considering Shark :)

You won't regret it, I can assure you! :wub:

I already have UK and European mapping in my car, what extra will shark offer me ?
TIA
Stupid of Surrey :)

I will do my best ...

I be aving the old C of E and Catholic mapping in me mota and it been nigeling me old self about this shark thingamajig like ?

I hope thats a little clearer :) sorry i dont really speak proper English
end_of_discction-1.gif

I was looking at both the 2.0Tq & the 3.2q before I got mine.

I would say test drive both.

If u go 3.2, make it a DSG, I test drove a manual first, it was only when I drove 3.2 DSG that I made my mind up.

Either way, 2.0T or 3.2, both great cars.

Well I will always support the 3.2, Ive owned mine for over 18 months and totally love it, so much I shipped it to OZ so cant say more than that lol.

Alot depends on your budget. As said before, the 2.0T can easily be tuned to death but at some point depending how far you go, you can experience some problem issues. On the other hand the 3.2 cant be tuned but bolt on a super charger and you deffo will smile! I always had plans to put a turbo on mine and hopefully will do someday but its alot harder to do over here.

Just remember that if you go 2.0T and spend all your bank account on tuning you will gain a good car but not much more fun than the 3.2 that will make you smile with its sound, smoothness and there is something about it that gets under the skin!!!!
I never found the fuel costs too bad tbh. On good runs I got over 34mpg and for me I was happy with that.

Whatever you choose, good luck but as sadi, test drive both esp the 3.2 with DSG, its special.

Reactions: UV-RS3 and paddy
I'll be mapping soon and will be able to offer ASN members a discount :wub:

When do you think you will be mapping N8? I'll probably be looking to map mine mid to late September (maybe even Oct) due to wedding and holidays prior to that swallowing funds...

According to the shark web site they dont do a map for a 2010 or 2011 S3 :(

Hmmm, I have had a 2.0TFSi previously in a Seat Leon and found it a very dull experience.
The 3.2 V6 is fantastic, super smooth delivery, power all the way up.
I have a viesu map and cat back non res milltek and it sounds awesome, you will never get the V6 roar in a 4 pot.
You may be able to squeeze more power out of the 2.0TFSi but drive the V6 and you will grin from ear to ear every time.
Regarding the DSG I was advised by a very experienced VAG tech to avoid a DSG because of reliability issues so opted for a manual, very happy with my choice.
This is my 4th V6, mk3 Golf VR6, two mk4 Golf V6 4motions loved them all, cant say the same about any 4 pot Turbo I have owned.
NA all the way :racer:

Tbh my mrs Mkiv 4motion is as fast, if not maybe faster than my quattro 2.0tfsi.. On paper I believe it has it both 0-62 and top end lol:blow::(

Well I took mine for its first proper drive since being in Oz. OMG I smiled all the way! The V6 is soooo smooth, DSG is like silk and the sound....awsome! So for me I would definately recommend the V6. I'm a happy bunny indeed.