Stiff Gears and Heavy Clutch?

TM

S-line SB
Reaction score
Just in the last 3 days my clutch has started to feel heavy as if the bite is higher, now the gears seem to be putting up more of a fight to go in, especially 1st and 2nd. Not how its been previously, normally I can just knock the gears in a smooth seamless gentle action. I have had it checked by a family friend/mechanic he just suggested that it was normal wear and tear, however I am not convinced. Just clocked 70K and had a recent service by audi and the complimentary health check (which includes the clutch) didn't come up with anything. I hate the feeling my baby isn't running how it should :( Has anyone else experienced this problem or something similar?

yea iv started having the exact same problem......
originally thought it was my clutch... but got it checked and the hydrolic pump that operates the clutch had low pressure....

i broke down last thursday and under AA warrenty got it fixed. for MY car it was the master cylinder which needed replacing and another valve (not sure which one). but now she is running very smooth again :happy:

yea iv started having the exact same problem......
originally thought it was my clutch... but got it checked and the hydrolic pump that operates the clutch had low pressure....

i broke down last thursday and under AA warrenty got it fixed. for MY car it was the master cylinder which needed replacing and another valve (not sure which one). but now she is running very smooth again :happy:

How many miles you done mate? I keep thinking about taking ones of these warranties out you know, how you paying for yours?

on mine i had a similar problem but it turned out to be (just before it went) the thrust bearing on the clutch way to get it fixed was a new clutch

mines on 135k.... but it was mostly motorway miles from the previous owner as he was doing 100miles a day toa dn from work..

but iv got a cover with AA for emergency breakdown and repair service. i pay £20 on 2 cars. Audi a3 and a mercedes e280.
the way mine works is that AA cover anything upto £500 worth of damage excluding wear and tear and if it goes over 500 then i pay the rest...

its realy good as my drive shaft went a couple of months ago and now my whole clutch problem was solved... i pay direct debit every month