Audi A3- Eyebrow headlight upgrade

spaceman86

Reaction score
Thinking about upgrading the headlights on my car guys with the new eyebrow Audi xenon lights. How easy is the upgrade? Can you simply get hold of a OEM pair and fit them direct or does it require more wiring?

Car - Audi A3 Tdi Sport - Sportback

Last edited:
what year is your mate if its an older 8p2 model or older then its a full front end required as its not as simple as a new set of headlights you need bumper/headlights/wings/bonnet/slam pannel/wiring/grill etc.... not a cheap upgrade

Late 05 Facelift.......

what year is your mate if its an older 8p2 model or older then its a full front end required as its not as simple as a new set of headlights you need bumper/headlights/wings/bonnet/slam pannel/wiring/grill etc.... not a cheap upgrade

then yeah you need all the things i listed plus more prob mate , if you really want some drl headlights the cheapest way is to get some aftermarket ones

Think aftermarket is the way forward. Full conversion is way OTT. Any recommendations on a decent aftermarket setup?
then yeah you need all the things i listed plus more prob mate , if you really want some drl headlights the cheapest way is to get some aftermarket ones

Russo on here has fitted these ones, he bought them from Germany, but they are for RHD and they look really good quality.

https://www.dectane.de/SCHEINWERFER....html?XTCsid=46a6cc3823ae286ebcb79430785ba218

Have a look at this thread where he has them fitted with pics.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...you-think-about-led-projector-headlights.html

As for the Ebay link I posted Bud, was just to show you how expensive it is. If it was me, I'd personally not hesitate in buying the same ones as Russo has as I think they look every bit as good - if not better as they are more like the A5 style - as the LED DRL A3 lights.

iv got some aftermarket ones fitted too.
front4.jpg

ledlights.jpg

there more like the A5 style lights and are only 265... and very easy to fit.
there just as simple as take your old ones out and put the new ones in. you dont need anything else....

Lol i got lambasted on here for suggesting the aftermarket ones. Any pics of yours K50HYL? I really want some LED DRL types like the ones above and i know BM TOWN Audi do some. The outlay isn't too bad either (certainly much better that the thousands we're seeing lol)

Yea iv posted piks up ^^^ to posts above.

I prefer these to the oem ones tbh. You see the oem ones everywhere now. But you dont see these ones about.

Yea iv posted piks up ^^^ to posts above.

I prefer these to the oem ones tbh. You see the oem ones everywhere now. But you dont see these ones about.

Sorry mate our work filters out photobucket lol! I'll have a look at home. You are right though i would like something that looks OEMish but still a little different!

Do you need to take the bumper off to replace the headlights?

Well i took the bumpber off coz i didnt want to damage the bumper.
But dont think you need to take it off. Not sure but like i always say not worth the risk. Especially regarding sumat as easy as takin bumper off.

Cheers for heads up mate. Can't be spending over £1,500 on lights.

What do you think of the OEM Audi A3 Xenon setup compared to aftermarkets. The only concern I have is how bright the aftermarket setup is
Russo on here has fitted these ones, he bought them from Germany, but they are for RHD and they look really good quality.

https://www.dectane.de/SCHEINWERFER....html?XTCsid=46a6cc3823ae286ebcb79430785ba218

Have a look at this thread where he has them fitted with pics.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...you-think-about-led-projector-headlights.html

As for the Ebay link I posted Bud, was just to show you how expensive it is. If it was me, I'd personally not hesitate in buying the same ones as Russo has as I think they look every bit as good - if not better as they are more like the A5 style - as the LED DRL A3 lights.

front4.jpg

ledlights.jpg

there just as simple as take your old ones out and put the new ones in. you dont need anything else....

Looking smart mate. How do you find the beam at night, distance ok?

Yea its Okay.
But im getting the xenon hid kit for it. So shud be aryt tbh.

Yea its Okay.
But im getting the xenon hid kit for it. So shud be aryt tbh.
best get saving for a new wiper motor then at the same time if thats the case mate aftermarket hid's blow your wiper's motor its happened to thousands of people on here and other places well over £300 to fix

Yea but the guy whos going to put them in told me that hes goin to conect some wire to the battery.
Basically it wont blow the wiper motor :)
Hes on the forum amar06fber

front4.jpg

ledlights.jpg

Hi i would love these will they fit on a 58 plate facelift s line with the halogen DRL and do they need any Vagcom coding or totally plug n play

Last edited:
hey man i got the same aftermarket like yours too, however i have no clue how to wire those LEDs, plz help me out!