nearly defected!

rOb_A

Reaction score
first apologies :blush:, as the title says i nearly defected to the vw side.
have been a thinking about getting a derv, so test drove a Scirocco tdi.
I'm not impressed, the engine was a 170 tdi, which is very similar to my 1.8 tfsi in a lot of ways, so the box is ticked there. everthing else was a let down for me. ride height to too high but what lets in down is the quality of the interior, nothing like my SB sline. seating very flimsy, plastics all feel cheap, the 8 speaker system sounds poo to say the least!

what was i thinking, will be sticking to what i know best :kissmyrings:

The Scirocco looked great on release but after about a year it seemed to fade into mediocrity. A guy at work bought the 2.0TFSI on release with full leather interior, I thought it was nice although not on par with the A3/S3 interior...

yep so will try to treat my SB. you not do a better price on those coil over N8? possibly thinking refurbing my alloys in black as well.

what was i thinking !!!:slap:

you don't have to go that far to realize the mediocrity of other cars. drove the a1 recently and it was absolutely terrible. if that thing isn't a proton kalisa underneath with a "prettied" interior then audi have got everyone fooled

Reactions: RedDejavu
My wife wants to trade ours in for the Evoque Coupe..

I quiet like those Evoque

2011-Range-Rover-Evoque-sport-coupe-style-1.jpg

2012_range_rover_evoque_5_images_006.jpg

evoque1.jpg

victoria_beckham_range_rover_evoque_f655.jpg

Range-Rover-Evoque-5-Door-widescreen-22.jpg

Last edited:
forgot to mention. the vw dealer rang me today with a trade in price for the SB S Line 8P3 with 39k on the clock. have a guess????

£8.5k :faint: what was i thinking.............

I nearly did yesterday as well down to a polo gti amazingly fast and love the dsg but not cost effective for my annual mileage plus the quality is no where near the Audi. Oh yeh they wanted to give me £16k now for the car 2.0tdi black edition with 20k on the clock and only £14k in November once the polo would be built. Oh and finally who would pay £21k for a polo definitely I couldn't!!

is it me or are trade in prices going rock bottom low???

N8, is it t-cut and a shammey leather you investing in? :p

thought i saw at local market at weekend :detective2: also buying a very large batch of air fresheners!!!!

catch you later N8
good luck shifting the air fresheners. sure everyone on here will help out