Interior lights flickering

Sean Mckinlay

Reaction score
Hi There everyone!

I have a small problem regarding my front interior lights.

As many people have done, i changed mine from the bland yellow festoon to a much nicer, cleaner LED festoon.

I didn't buy my bulbs from ebay, they were bought from autobulbs i think, so in theory wern't a cheap pos.

They worked absolutely fine, until that is ... I had a parrot system fitted and the front interior light panel was removed to place the wire for the microphone. Nothing really was touched, just all panels and covers pulled / screwed off in order to place the wire, simple enough eh?

However after driving down the road I noticed my nice bright LED's (which I have already had for a couple of months) were flickering when i went over bumps in the road, almost like there was a connection that wasn't meant to be made but was coming into contact.

This doesn't happen when the switch is set to off, and obviously on is on :p .. only on the intermediate setting that switches them on when doors are opened ect ...

I'm pretty sure this has to be some form of connection issue, has anyone had this before? ... have any ideas where to look?

Thanks a bunch guys,

Sean.