Hi All! - A little advice please

GhostPro

Reaction score
Im looking to buy an accident damaged S3 (white :wub: ) off my parents friend. The damage is only minor but a few panels are damaged

Front Bumper
Both wings
Passenger door
Passenger skirt
Front grill

My question is does anyone have a rough idea on the cost to fix? Also would i have to get an S3 wing, or do 'normal' A3's use the same ones, the door as well i think?

I know the bumper and grill will be expensive. Also how much to respray this all to match?

Just want to see if its worth me doing.

The car was vandalised and he doesnt want to go through insurance due to losing no claims if he does!

Thanks, and great site. Hopefully i can spend some more time here. I have a member of the family who use to be on here but cant remember the user name he used :laugh:

Last edited:
All 8P pre-facelift wings are the same.

Are any of the items in your list repairable?? Or do you need replacements for all?

Assume painting will cost you about £100-£150 per panel, with the skirt costing a bit less.

Sounds like alot of bargain shopping! Sounds pricey, if you shop for cheap parts and get a good deal on the spray, assuming you may receive a slight discount spraying them all at once instead of peice by peice, the cost seems to be around 1000-1500 i'mnot an expert on bodywork but thats just from previous experience with friends

Whats the car costing you in the first place? If its cheap enough,might be worth repairing but if they want good money you may struggle to make it worth while

If i can fix it for less than £2k i will have a bit of a bargain but nothing dramatic. Cheers all. Ill keep looking. Finding a second hand front s3 bumper is going to be a pita though!

what kind of mileage and history etc has the car got

if its only going to be a bit of a bargin then you might be better off buying a non damaged car.

Have you had a good look at the car as there may be hidden problems such as steering/suspension/chassis damage which would add alot more to your repair list/bill

what kind of mileage and history etc has the car got

if its only going to be a bit of a bargin then you might be better off buying a non damaged car.

Have you had a good look at the car as there may be hidden problems such as steering/suspension/chassis damage which would add alot more to your repair list/bill

I was just thinking the same, the history and the condition pre bump is key, the work for a full front end (don't forget you need to inc the body shop time to mop the whole car and a detail to remove sanding, over spray ETC) will be circa 2k done properly and assuming no pulling is required. Id feel happy if it had gone via an insurance company so you know if its an B, C or D write off and who (insurance company) it came via is key also (inside tip).

Anything less than 1k will be panels painted off the car and bolted back on with fingers crossed job!

I was just thinking the same, the history and the condition pre bump is key, the work for a full front end (don't forget you need to inc the body shop time to mop the whole car and a detail to remove sanding, over spray ETC) will be circa 2k done properly and assuming no pulling is required. Id feel happy if it had gone via an insurance company so you know if its an B, C or D write off and who (insurance company) it came via is key also (inside tip).

Anything less than 1k will be panels painted off the car and bolted back on with fingers crossed job!

If it's repaired via insurance then it won't be categorised.

The cars been to an Audi dealership for a full check over and its fine. Literally body work damage is the only problem with it. Interior was untouched and any main body structure undamaged. The left front wheel is slightly off line which has caused uneven wear on the tyre but i would get all 4 wheels realigned anyway and look at some new tyres, something i like to do for any second hand car i buy!

I know someone who can detail exceptionaly well for mates rates; full detail correction with a machine over about 15 hours. So any paint differences will be removed, luckily being white it will be easy to match colours once its its detailed so i cant see any need for blending!

Body parts sprayed and then bolted on will be easy and i can fit them myself so should only need to pay for the parts and spraying i hope.

He may go through insurance and keep it but i want to see what my options are. Thanks everyone ;)

Oh its 35,000 miles 08 (prefacelift) car with lots of extras. Its had a few owners but that has never bothered me, not on an expensive car as people quite often move them on when they dont realise running costs will be higher than your average hatchback