Anybody else's alarm going off randomly?

smbAudi

Reaction score
Morning all,

My A3 is the MY10 1.9TDIe Sport and every few weeks the alarm randomly decides to go off. It's not always at similar times but mostly it is during the night or shortly before I need to wakeup, conveniently! It has been back to Audi a year ago and they simply reset the ECU. Since then it has gone off less often but it still happens.

Does anybody else have similar problems or had any solutions??

I have had this exact same problem...

My alarm use to go off in the middle of the night around 3am. Took it to Poole Audi and they adjusted the sensitivity. Week later it was still doing it. Took it back and they reduced it further. Only found when I plugged VAG in that they had just turned it off without sorting the problem so have got them to turn it back to full sensitivity. Would rather it go off in the night and know it's working.

Nice to know it's not just mine, guess its a live with it issue that's not too intrusive...

check if you have water where the spare wheel sits...........or around that area.

i had this problem many years ago on a car.The alarm was very sensative but i found if i shut the air vents it cured the problem.Might be worth a try?

Mine doesn't go off.

Walked to my car once and horror! i thought someone had been in. Drivers side window was down and had rain inside. Passenger side window was up but had rain inside too (so sometime at night it was down). Put the key in and boot was open too!

Rang audi and the nice lady told me i caused it (apparently i held the remote down too long) so i finished the sentence for her and told her its not convenient opening. why do they treat their customers like they're idiots? hurr durr

never happened again but if it does and navigation is ripped out i will make them pay