EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Cool 3.2 software update - Portsmouth Audi

Hi all,

hope this helps someone....

Finally had agreement from Portsmouth Audi to update the software on my 3.2.

Thanks to previous postees who supplied the information on TPI etc.

I sent them an email asking for it to be passed onto the master tech and he got back to me.

Just need to call and arrange a time now.

Whoop!

Coop

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Well done mate, its well worth doing even if you dont need it now, its one less thing to worry about later
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

1st Gear

Status
    Cooperuk, don't suppose you could PM me the content of your email you sent to Portsmouth Audi requesting the update work? I'm not having much luck with Camberley Audi (part of the Colbournes Group) so might try another branch that's non-Colbournes which I think is Walton Audi.
    2004 A3 3.2 Quattro Sport DSG S-line
    2008 KTM 950 Supermoto
    1988 Honda CBR400RR Tri-Arm

1st Gear

Status
    I tried this with Birmingham Audi and they didn't want to know at all. Even with all the information they still wanted to charge me too do it.

Neutral

Status
    Northampton Audi did it, although they treated me like I didn't know what I was on about

I had it booked in for other work at the same time which probably helped as they were always gonna get some money out of me.

£56 for a 10min update but worth every penny, the other work was haldex oil and filter change and was only £20 labour!

Loads smoother, picks up loads better and getting an extra 30-50 miles out of a tank

Reverse Gear

Status
    They are going to be charging me for the work....but at least they have admitted the software exists!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leeroywarner View Post
    Northampton Audi did it, although they treated me like I didn't know what I was on about

I had it booked in for other work at the same time which probably helped as they were always gonna get some money out of me.

£56 for a 10min update but worth every penny, the other work was haldex oil and filter change and was only £20 labour!

Loads smoother, picks up loads better and getting an extra 30-50 miles out of a tank

Same here, I was treated like a child by one of the staff. Needless to say I made a complaint someone helped me. They admitted the software existed but said they wouldn't but it on my car without diagnoses first, at £150
    Now - Ford Focus RS (305 bhp) - 2009

Previous Cars

A4 2.0 TFSi S-Line (251 bhp) - 2005
    Audi A3 3.2 Quattro Sport (250 bhp) - 2004
    Ford Fiesta ST (150 bhp) - 2006
    Ford Focus ST2 (290 bhp) - 2009
    Skoda Octavia vrS (215 bhp) - 2001
    Volkswagen Golf GTi Turbo (230 bhp) - 2001

Reverse Gear

Status
    This is what I wrote:

I have been made aware that there is a possible issue with the engine management system and that a software update for the ECU has been issued for this engine.

The TPI number is 2010289/3 (it also worded gearbox judder poor acceleration when changing gears at high revs)

The SVM code for the update is 8P01A005

CD UPDATE DISC 4F0 906 961 N

I am aware of a variety of owners who have had this software updated on their cars, having read about them and been in contact with them via the www . audi-sport . net website.

Please see the attached link for confirmation if needed:

8p 3.2 owners please help, software update?? equivelent to vw 6463

There is a variety of other sources for this information online.

I would like to have this update performed on my car as soon as possible.

I understand that it is a 30 minute job and costs about £50 - this would be acceptable.

Please contact me ASAP to arrange for the work to be carried out.

Neutral

Status
    Brendan, know it's a bit of a trek but what about trying Northampton audi?

It's 10mins update if they can find the latest tpi on the system or half hour from the cd, so it could be done while you wait. You shouldn't need diagnostics as it's a software update nothing else.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi. Is the 2010289/3 update only for A3 3.2s? I have a TT 3.2 DSG which sounds like it would benefit from the new software. Controller no: 022.906.032.DP

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi,

I have a 2005 05 3.2 manual misfiring and popping @ 2000 rpm , will this update work for my car too? tried derby audi but they want to replace lambda sensors as well as the update software costing as this is what Audi recommend £800!!!!,
    I get the feeling there trying to make a cheap job expensive!!!!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    First- you need only update firmware ecu.

5th Gear

Status
    I phoned Glasgow Audi about this on friday and the don't know anything about the update but if I liked I could book the car in for a diagnostic check. I would have booked it in if they knew about the update but I don't see the point of paying for the check for them to say there is no update I even gave them the tpi number and still got nothing.
    S3 1.8t Ming blue with ivory leather & 18"tt alloys

1st Gear

Status
    I now fully understand the benefit of this, a friend had his coilpacks replaced and software updated, the ride was so smooth I felt a lil upset when I got back in mine! The V6 should be that smooth.

I get the random revving and slight hesitation, am also in Birmingham and I can tell you Birmingham Audi are terrible.

They are that bad I no longer get servicing from there, I had to write a letter and wait 3 weeks for them to fix a problem they started. I was literally seconds away from a court proceeding but luckily the branch manager understood the terms "liability" and "Audi admitted"!

They had to do warranty work once and I heard the service guy say "I cant just tell him to go away hes still at my desk", lol - prestige brand customer service , then they wanted me to pay 3k and they would refund me for it - lol!

I may give a try at Stratford Audi, but first I need to confirm if my car needs it, should I buy a VCDS or would a good independent have it?

Also - the diagnostic is just to make a £150, its like saying "we will listen just give us £150" -.-, what would be a help is it anyone has a confirmation in writing or email from any Audi service department that we could use as evidence.
    A3 3.2 S Line DSG

A3 TDI S Line DSG Gone

Update on A3/TT 3.2 V6 software update: See this post

Neutral

Status
    hi all i`am new to this forum i read the big discussion on the forum regarding the softwhere update, mine is also in need of this where do i get the information needed to take to my audi dealer .
    has anyone else been to shropshire audi either shrewsbury or telford with this issue becouse it looks like some of us are having issues with the dealers saying this does not exist.

many thanks

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Hi Donna
    Firstly we need to know a few details about the car. age for one thing ?
    Do you have any symptoms that make you think you might need a software up date ?
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

Neutral

Status
    thanks for the reply paddy
    my car is a 2005 3.2 v6 dsg 52000 miles , while accelerating slowly it hesitation between 1200rpm and 2000rpm . and on some mornings it feels a little lumpy the car has been maintained by audi and sounds sweet , i read the big discussion on the forum you know your stuff.