Poor radio signal

bigpkr

Reaction score
Hi,

Im having trouble picking up radio signal in my car (ive had it for over a year but dont know when it started as use cd player all time), its all standard concert equipment.

Ive started looking in to the boot.

I had a look at the big amp in the lower part of the tailgate.
If i disconnect the plug with the blue/white that goes to the lines on the rear screen the signal goes off all together.

Also if i disconnect the plug with the red wires that goes to the amp at the top of the tailgate the signal goes off too.

If i disconnect the green/white plug off the little amp at the top of the tailgate the signal goes off too.

Ive tested the lines on the screen with a multimeter to see if there is any breaks but as the lines are grids it doesnt prove much, ive cleaned the lines up where there was dirt.

The only other thing is at the top right of the screen it looks like there should be something else as there is 2 connections not doing anything, ive linked them but it made no difference, ive tested one of the lines to earth.

Cant test the rear heated screen as its nice and warm lol

Im stuck now!

I couldnt post this in this ice section for some reason but id love the help to sort it.

Put a cup of hot water in the boot and let the steam go onto the window then you can test it :p

My reception in the S3 is toss and I keep having to re tune, I tend to just listen to CD's so not really that bothered.

Good idea mate ill try that.

I live in leeds and our local station is radio aire and it cant always get it where as my brothers bmw gets radio aire 40 miles away.

So far I have had no issues with local stations but have to re tune all the time to get radio 1