Latest addition to Paddy Towers

paddy

Reaction score
Never thought i would see the day but after the 3.2 started ticking over at 1500 rpm when it felt like it i just had to give it the chop. Without a doubt the most troublesome , unreliable and expensive to maintain car i ever had but i loved it :wub:
anyway here is the latest upstart to block my drive, nice and shiny and new so i thought i would take a picture as it will never look like this again :laugh:

S3.jpg

S31.jpg

MY11 S3, BE, DSG, Auto lights/wipers, cruise, auto dim mirrors, two tone silk Napper with white stitching , bla bla

Reactions: JNP, Sarah's A3, Dec and 2 others
Very nice mate!

How does it feel compared to your 3.2?

Any mods planned?

Paddy, that is gorgeous mate :wub: good effort

great car paddy...welcome to ibis white s3 crew :D

Reactions: jsh
Thats nice! I reckon the one thing youll miss most is the staggered V6 rasp but the 4 banger with a turbo really does make up for it on the straights. Lovely buy mate!

Well thanks everyone :yes: its too early to comment on the V6 v S3 thing but i expect it will end up as ...they are both great cars in what they do but actually very different in how they do it..or something diplomatic like that :yes:. ( Paddy and diplomatic in one sentence ?? hmmmmmm)
The mapping of the DSG in the S3 is miles better than the 3.2, you need a lot more throttle in the S3 to make it change, any sort of light acceleration in the 3.2 would have it drop a couple of cogs however careful you were, this is much better because most of the time it will not change unless you want it to. Turbo lag is quite pronounced but i think its something you will not notice after a while. The real improvement IMHO is the S3 suspension over the S-line suspension. S3 seems to iron out the bumps quite a bit better although to be fair i am comparing a 7-8 year old car with a new one !!
As i get more used to the S3 i will write up a more in depth view just for fun :)
De badge ??? any idea how much i just paid for these badges !!....:jump:
4 doors ?? I'm 6ft 4" and 18 stone ....I need the big doors you get on a 2 door :yes:
Mods ?, well I'm sure i will think of something. :)
As most of you know the 3.2 cost me a small fortune to keep going. It worked out at roughly £140 a week over 4 years + consumables like petrol, tyres etc. but that included a £15k + drop in value and a £12k in service and maintenance of which Audi eventually paid £5k.. The S3 has a 4 year warranty and as the audi tech said....you "WILL" sell it before the 4 years is up this time wont you? :lmfao:

and as the audi tech said....you "WILL" sell it before the 4 years is up this time wont you? :lmfao:

Good to see confidence in the product you sell isn't it.

Paddy you bruiser! lol.. I'm royally jealous of your colour scheme, mate.. especially the seats! are you sure you won't be swayed into a debadging session?! Or perhaps i could interest you in a group-buy on some rather nice illuminated bose grilles? on second thoughts, were they harmon kardon!??:think:

Very smart Paddy - I agree with you on the suspension, S Line was really harsh compared to the S3's. How smooth is the acceleration with the DGS in the S3 compared to the 3.2 when floored?

What an absolute BEAUTY, Paddy!!! Love, love LOVE IT!!! Those rotor arm alloys are SO sweeeet!! Enjoy your S3, Buddy :wub: x

Very nice Paddy, love the wheels, the seats, the colour ............infact I just love it!!!:wub:
Shame to see the 3.2 go but it has been an expensive toy for you. No doubt I'll join you in the S3 club sometime but I just can't afford a sportback DSG yet:crying:

If I could afford to buy new that is exactly how I'd spec it! I've always been a sportback fan, but that 3 door makes me reconsider.
Seriously nice car, you lucky so and so :o.k:

So have you had this on order for a while and not mentioned it (or I probably missed it), or did you go down there and they had one in?

Beautiful mate, hope it works out to be less hastle for you this time.

Bored so went window shopping last Monday, no intention of buying and just saw this and TBH its exactly how i would have spec'd an S3 so I bought it. Only thing its missing is Interior light kit but i will add that myself sometime..

What next Paddy?

A Burberry cap?

Waye Aye man n that....

Good grief old chap ! I didnt expect you to still be talking to me :) string back driving gloves and split lens goggles for me now ...parp parp :)

Good grief old chap ! I didnt expect you to still be talking to me :) string back driving gloves and split lens goggles for me now ...parp parp :)

Looks the nuts BTW.

So when did S3 diesels come out then?

Looks the nuts BTW.

So when did S3 diesels come out then?

Yea that is a slight draw back.......As i say i wasnt planing to buy it.....it just sort of said..take me home !! like a cheap southern slapper :)

Last edited:
Yea that is a slight draw back.......As i say i wasnt planing to buy it.....it just sort of said..take me home !! like a cheap southern slapper :)

Its a pretty thing, no doubt about that, impeccable trinkets too.

But 30K for a slapper with an ancient chassis seems expensive mate......

Yea but how many slappers can you keep as long as you want and get a trade in against a new one when ya bored :) and i got GAP as well so if she's shagged out after a couple of years i get my money back :) win win !

Yea but how many slappers can you keep as long as you want and get a trade in against a new one when ya bored :) and i got GAP as well so if she's shagged out after a couple of years i get my money back :) win win !

Fair point.

Shame she only has a small chest with an inhaler instead on a propper set of 3.2's.

Talking of racks, how long do you think it will last (steering)?