Ordered a new A3... Black Edition :p

Cruiser89

Advanced In Car Tech
Reaction score
So i have finally ordered a new A3.

I used to have a 1.6 Technik and have had it for about 18months. Wanted something a bit more top end so have bought a 1.8TFSI Audi A3 Black Edition.

Its coming fully stocked with all the goodies, BOSE/SatNav/Parking etc etc (At least I wont need to cut my car open to fit a new armrest this time :p)

Anybody else had this particular model/engine etc? What do you think?

Reactions: I oOEddOo I
Cracking choice of car, Buddy with all the bells and whistles too. Black Editions are beautiful. When do you get it? :)

Reactions: I oOEddOo I
Cracking choice of car, Buddy with all the bells and whistles too. Black Editions are beautiful. When do you get it? :)

Should be here by the end of Sep or early October which is awesome. My current one i had to wait ages.

Cruiser89

Did you go down poole audi ? by any chance

Yea i did... How did you know that??

Should be here by the end of Sep or early October which is awesome. My current one i had to wait ages.

That's great Bud, bet you can't wait. A few sleepless nights until then, thinking about your new car, lol. Enjoy it once it arrives and post up som piccies. :)

Cos back in December I chosen the 2.0T black ed down there and spoken to Lee brown if you know

ahh ok.. Na my sales guy was Danny Turner.

Yeaa looking forward to it... Thinking about a remap. Just pondering what my insurance will be like :)

Great dealer but sometimes you need to nag for up-to-date info about the car - it depends on the salesman. I've been driving a 1.8 for the past (nearly) three years. It's going back next week against a new car. Someone's going to get a used bargain because it's fully specced up, low mileage and in fantastic condition.

What colour?

And how come its going to be that quick, is it a factory order?

You've picked a great car, similar to mine! How old are you in regards to insurance?

Ahh cool... My insurers have always looked after me so 880 doesn't seem too bad. Was thinking about looking at Sky Insurance to see what they can offer.

I'm 21 with 3 crashes (1 fault 2 non fault) and I'm £740 on a 2.0 TDI 170 Stronic Black Edition.

Shop around ;).

Bell.

I called elephant as they were cheapest but they whacked the price up and said the number plate was for a different car so I rang bell and they managed it no bother.

Man you guys are laughing! im 22 aswell and paying circa 1350!!

CURRENTLY 1700 atm until i renew with direct line. Guessing its because i live in london :asskicking:

Man you guys are laughing! im 22 aswell and paying circa 1350!!

CURRENTLY 1700 atm until i renew with direct line. Guessing its because i live in london :asskicking:

I know how you feel mate for a 1.6 (non turbo) in Essex im looking at 1097 with 2years no claims no crashes and 22 thanks to Sky Insurance :p funny thing is i got a quote for 1495 from Adrian but as soon as they heard i got one for 1100 they said they could beat that but have to charge me 50quid for using a credit card :\ shopping around really does help :D

Shopping around does help, I couldn't find it cheaper though. Had some massive quotes though which was a waste of time, who's likely to pay £3000 for insurance?

The thing is with insurance i prefer to work on consistent figures, I usually start on the comparison sites and i know if i get quotes in the solid barrier between 2k on something like my 1.8T or on my last car which was 2 groups higher than my A3 i know ill be able to then go direct and get a better quote around 1200-1300.

The problem is anything now over group 15 is just sat in the 4k bracket on the comparison sites yet when i go direct its still 2k.

I refuse to pay over 1500, Even though at the moment im stuck on 1700 but im switching my policy over. I cannot touch the 2.0T variants be it a GTI, A3 2.0T or an S3.

I can insure a E92 M3 for 100 quid less than the 3 above lol

Just got my quote through 'More Than' 25 in London but I have 5 years luckily and there offering for my B\E £430 so maybe give them a go.

I've had the 1.8T BE, well it was my mum's. Drove it for a few months and really liked it, although a remap is what it needs! Goes upto like 220bhp I think?
My insurance for my 2.0TDI 140bhp A3 is around £780 and I'm 20 with 3 year N/C.

Just got my quote through 'More Than' 25 in London but I have 5 years luckily and there offering for my B\E £430 so maybe give them a go.

More than are cheap for me at 1100. But guess what theyll quote me online year on end. I called them up and the woman refused me down the phone saying you are to young and a higher risk because i have an SP30.

I was like right...

Rewind back 2 years ago i still had an SP30 and i was 2 years younger on a group 14 car. Since then im not going to bother with them as they are just a nightmare in my book.

Insurance prices vary dramatically because of your postcode. Check this site out to have a look at what your area is being rated as. Post Code ratings for Car Insurance

Luckily, I live in an A rated area - Good Post code/Low Risk and insurance quotes on my S3 BE (pick it up on the 1st of September) are coming out at £741.39 which is very cheap considering that I'm 22 with 2 years no claims (held my license for 4 years) and I've got no points or had any accidents. A quote for an A3 S Line BE Tdi 170BHP came out at £672.49 and a quote for an A3 S Line BE 1.8 came out at £655.53. The difference in minimal so it allowed me to opt for the S3.

These quotes are with me being the main driver and with having both my mum and dad as named drivers.

More than are cheap for me at 1100. But guess what theyll quote me online year on end. I called them up and the woman refused me down the phone saying you are to young and a higher risk because i have an SP30.

I was like right...

Rewind back 2 years ago i still had an SP30 and i was 2 years younger on a group 14 car. Since then im not going to bother with them as they are just a nightmare in my book.

Sorry but thats a load of crap! A friend of mine is insured an a Glanza with 11 points on his license, he pays through the nose for it, but he's still insured...

It always helps if you live in a nice area, less risk of having it stolen. They will also increase your premium if there are any recents thefts within that area.

Link provided by S3 Klec is interesting. Thanks.

It always helps if you live in a nice area, less risk of having it stolen. They will also increase your premium if there are any recents thefts within that area.

Link provided by S3 Klec is interesting. Thanks.

That's definately a major factor, quite similar to home insurance i guess based on the amount of break-ins in the area. Iv got four weeks until mine arrives so will try and shop around.

That's definately a major factor, quite similar to home insurance i guess based on the amount of break-ins in the area. Iv got four weeks until mine arrives so will try and shop around.
Always shop around, just remember Direct Line and Aviva (who insure me) are not on price comparison websites.