Volks AutosSky Insurance
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By N8

Thread: Satnav

1st Gear

Status

Satnav

I have the audi 1.6 SE 54 plate, and it has came with the standard concert radio dual cotrol etc, i want to fit a satnav or a pioneer fitted radio in but it looks double the size, what happends to the dash during fitting and what space will i lose out on?

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    You want 2010 RNS

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyhall View Post
    I have the audi 1.6 SE 54 plate, and it has came with the standard concert radio dual cotrol etc, i want to fit a satnav or a pioneer fitted radio in but it looks double the size, what happends to the dash during fitting and what space will i lose out on?
    You would need to fit a double din cage in to accommodate the new double din head units, the heater control would need to move down.
    here is a decent guide on how to do it, it looks more involved and complicated then what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    You want 2010 RNS
    hmmm... they are ok but not the best... just look nice in the dash but for the price its not worth it!

here is my install:

crappy night time phone shot :
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line, Front & Rear Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

"Cruise My Ride"

Status
    Hello Dan, to achieve this, you need to do a double din conversion. There are quite a few threads available that explain this. Basically, you need a whole new cage new blank buttons, hazard switch, esp switch, card tray ect..Also your climate control unit needs to be changed for a new one(£450), or you could modify your old one to fit as this will be slightly smaller as this drops down further. It is not an easy process but can be done.
    I done a conversion for a bloke the other week, took a good few hours to do. PM me your email, and i can send you a link for the conversion. Alternatively, there are a few people who will do it for you at a price including the parts, ie myself (London) or NHN he travels around.
    Once this is all done, it is just a matter of getting your rns-e unit and installing and coding it with vcds. Again we can do this. You will also need an rns-e adaption harness and diversity adapter.
    All in all, the total cost including double din conversion your rns-e (you can pick up a good one on fleebay for about £450-500 2010 model) will be around £700 if you do it yourself (£1,150 if you buy a new climate control unit).

Hope this helps mate
    Hope this helps.
    VCDS Owner-North London/Enfield
    " To Cruise Is What I Do"

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    hmmm... they are ok but not the best... just look nice in the dash but for the price its not worth it!

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line, Front & Rear Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

"OEM Installer" supporting aftermarket headunits I'm messing man. I know why you like aftermarket

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

you know if the OEM RNSE did everything the aftermarket ones could then i would back it as bad as you

but unfortunately Audi seem to want to develop their LED lights more than their entertainment systems so we find ourself in this situation... its sad how they see the A3 as a model not worth investing some of the good stuff into...
    was checking out the new A6 and A8 at the dealers the other day... oh how lovely they are!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I know what you are saying, I guess for me, the RNS does everything I need it to, and so does the BOSE

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

ahh the Bose... yes lovely kit... just wish Andy could do some magic with those subs
    N8 do you have bluetooth and Ami on your RNS?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I've got the bluetooth, but I don't think I have AMI is that to do with iPod?

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Yes, AMI lets you plug in the fancy extras like bluetooth streaming and ipod. also controls the ipod very well with full menus. Saw it on a friends 2010 A4... works nicely but again its an expensive upgrade
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

bluetooth streaming? I don't use iPod, I just use the 32GB sd slots

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

yh you can strem music from mobiles over bluetooth with a special adapter... of course i can do this anyway on my 'Aftermarket' Pioneer system.
    Sd card slots sound good, Especially at 32GB! but ipod playlists and artist/album search features are so much more convenient
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I don't like the way iTunes organises music though. SD cards and folders are perfect for me bro! Whatever floats your boat as they say.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for all the replies, basically i'm a big interior guy and just want to make it look abit more pretty, i think the standard concert looks terrible, really basic with no chrome trim etc, i don't know what other options there is, i hate the way branded radios stick out from the interior so i would want everything fitting proffessionaly, it sounds fussy but if you're paying alot, you want things doing well! Also contemplating the mod for the ashtray dock, any suggestions? What about the newish radio/cd i've been seeing in the 08+ models where the screens a little bigger?