Chris NottVolks Autos
    3rd Gear

Status

LaminX - order from US?

Anyone ordered this from the US before?
    Audi A3 (2006, 2007, 2008) Headlight Covers

I know you can buy it over here, but from the US it is pre cut to size and comes with all the tools you need.

Will I get stung at customs?
    WANTED: S3 Side Skirts (3DR)

A3 S Line DSG TDi 140 (56) | Lava Grey | Groove & Drilled Discs | Green Stuff Pads | Eibach Sportline Springs | Eibach Spacers | Full heated leather | RNS-E 2010 MK2 | Rear Parking Sensors | Interior Light Pack | Heated Mirrors

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Nope; just received mine last week Paid £38 in total for headlight and fog covers delivered. Took about 10 days from order to landing on my doorstep

Here's a pic of the stuff fitted
    Now a happy owner of an A3 Sportback S Line 170 TDI
    My Posh Golf

3rd Gear

Status
    How easy was it to fit? I'm having the same colour combo as yours too... sorry about that

Did you have to remove the fogs to fit the film and if so, does this require a bumper removal?

Cheers

A3 S Line DSG TDi 140 (56) | Lava Grey | Groove & Drilled Discs | Green Stuff Pads | Eibach Sportline Springs | Eibach Spacers | Full heated leather | RNS-E 2010 MK2 | Rear Parking Sensors | Interior Light Pack | Heated Mirrors

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Trig View Post
    How easy was it to fit? I'm having the same colour combo as yours too... sorry about that

Did you have to remove the fogs to fit the film and if so, does this require a bumper removal?

Cheers
    Very simple to fit; make sure your headlights are UBER clean, switch on your headlights to warm up the lens, then using the bottle they send you mist the headlights with clean water and then apply the headlights and use a squeegee to push all the bubbles out

Fogs are the same and no need to remove the bumper; just pull off the plastic surround and then undo the 3 screws holding the fogs in if you want to remove them completely
    My Posh Golf

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyso View Post
    Very simple to fit; make sure your headlights are UBER clean, switch on your headlights to warm up the lens, then using the bottle they send you mist the headlights with clean water and then apply the headlights and use a squeegee to push all the bubbles out

Fogs are the same and no need to remove the bumper; just pull off the plastic surround and then undo the 3 screws holding the fogs in if you want to remove them completely
    Nice one - I'll get this done asap

6th Gear

Status
    Starting next year for the MOT tints on lights will fail if they reduce the light output "significantly". The Laminx could well be ok but its just something to be aware off.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    Starting next year for the MOT tints on lights will fail if they reduce the light output "significantly". The Laminx could well be ok but its just something to be aware off.
    I'll only be going for the 6% tints like above so should be fine.

4th Gear

Status
    I read its best to buy a cheap bottle of water for the little atomiser. The chlorine in tapwater can have a detrimental effect over time.

Tapatalk for iOS
    2006 A3 3.2 DSG
    Quattro S-Line
    Phantom black pearl
    V Maxx plus coilovers
    Speedlines- anthricite
    MY11 rear lights
    MK2 TT Vents
    Various LED's
    MK2 RNSE
    LaminX on fogs

For Sale Genuine Audi phone cradle (iPhone 4S/4)

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    Hopefully a combination of uprated bulbs and the lightest tint available I'll be ok; cheers for the heads up though
    My Posh Golf

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Will they stand Xenon heat ?
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.