Chris NottBadger5
Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 607
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: PaulieMB's Mellow Yellow Progress Thread

  1. #1
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088

    PaulieMB's Mellow Yellow Progress Thread

    Hey guys & gals, I thought it was about time I put together a progress thread as I've done a fair bit to my S3 since buying it at the end of January this year. This is my second Audi 8P and because of my love of the colour yellow it's my second yellow one (though the last one was a 1.9 TDi SE and in a slightly paler shade). Here's a pic of my first one.



    I loved it, but wasn't really into modding when I owned it, so I kept it completely standard for the 2 years I had it.

    I had a little bit of a diversion after my first A3 and bought myself an Astra VXR Nurburgring, which I modded extensively both aesthetically and performance wise. I had lots of real carbon fibre parts (not skinned) made for it and it ended up looking like this



    One of the engine bay, which was so shiny I was able to look into the battery cover and put on my lippy without any probs, lol.



    Unfortunately I sustained a spinal injury a few years back and during almost 3 years of owning the Astra I was only able to clock up 7K miles on it, ..not fair on me because I spent most of my time unable to drive it, peeking out of my lounge window wishing I was behind the wheel more and it wasn't fair on the car either as performance cars need to be driven, lol!

    It was decided that I would buy a car with automatic transmission, but that didn't mean it had to be boring and this is the baby I set my heart upon.




    I found it online and arranged for it to be driven up from Norwich Audi for me. On January 29th 2011, she was mine!






    As much as I love the S3 and think it's a stunner in standard form, one of the things I never really was a fan of was the MY10 alloys. I preferred the 8P2 S3 wheels, but in a little over a month I decided to buy a set of 18" BBS CK's in silver. I would have preferred anthracite (as that fitted in better with my plans for the car) but they only do the 19's in anthracite and I wanted to stick with 18's for the ride comfort, so this is how she looked with her new shoes on.



    Next up was a little mod to the interior. I got a bargain of a set of TT MK2 vents on here from Lee_R and had them fitted within 48 hours of doing the deal. Also my new black S3 tax disc holder makes an appearance in this pic, lol.



    The first time I saw the MY11 rear lights I knew I had to swap my MY09's out for a set. A really effective mod and very easy to swap over yourself (even for a girly, but I did break a fingernail in the process, lol). I'm not a big fan of chrome on my cars, so the chrome rings were swapped for a set of Dubstop ones from the US and the standard S3 badge was removed and replaced with a Eurobadgez black S badge. I made the 3 badge black to match it and although it's smaller than the standard S3 logo, I think it works quite well, though I may lose the rear S3 badge altogether at some point. I also had my CK's refinished in Dark Anthracite.





    This pic also shows the MY11 Piano Black B Pillar covers I swapped my standard ones for. I think they work really well with the look of the privacy glass.




    The chrome fog rings on the front have been swapped out for some Black Edition ones, but unfortunately my black Optics grille isn't on in this pic.





    Now I know she needs lowering guys, this is being sorted out today with some 30mm H&R's. I've got the new grille and these little beauties going on today as well.





    There will be some updated pics posted in the next few days and some more carbon under bonnet goodies.

    Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Paullie; 13th July 2011 at 15:09.
    N8, warren_S5, paddy and 4 others like this.
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands
    Posts
    64
    Looking very nice so far, especially like the new carbon mirror caps
    Play: 2007 Audi S3 in Solar Orange SOLD

    Work: 2010 SAAB 93 in Graphite Grey

    Gone but not forgotten... Mini Cooper S, BMW E92 Coupe, Volvo S40, Audi A4, VW Golf GTi, VW Passat
    BMW K1200R, Ducati S4R, Suzuki GSXR 6, Kawasaki ZX6R, Honda CB6F

  4. #3
    jungleman's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW London
    Posts
    2,051
    damn paulie you have been busy haha
    car is looking bang on and loving the black S3 badge on the back, not seen that before!
    where did you get the cf wing mirrors from?
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

    Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

    To Do list: Now that would be telling




    PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

  5. #4
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by orfink View Post
    Looking very nice so far, especially like the new carbon mirror caps
    Thanks matey, I've got a friend who's very handy at making carbon parts and he did them for me. He'd tried making them from scratch. but there were a few fitting issues, so we decided to go for the skinning option instead and I'm delighted with the results. Should get them fitted today
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

  6. #5
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
    damn paulie you have been busy haha
    car is looking bang on and loving the black S3 badge on the back, not seen that before!
    where did you get the cf wing mirrors from?
    Lol, thanks Paolo! My mate did the mirrors for me, was a PITA to do apparently, but I just kept sweet talking him into giving it another try (he's a total perfectionist) and he got there in the end, ..after much cursing and muttering under his breath.
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

  7. #6
    Adam.'s Avatar
    Meow.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    656
    wow.

    Those alloys are great in that colour!

  8. #7
    jungleman's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW London
    Posts
    2,051
    haha it was well worth the effort on both your parts!
    keep the awesome work up and lets see some more carbon!
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

    Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

    To Do list: Now that would be telling




    PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

  9. #8
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
    wow.

    Those alloys are great in that colour!
    Thanks Adam! much appreciated.

    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
    haha it was well worth the effort on both your parts!
    keep the awesome work up and lets see some more carbon!
    As soon as I can get my camera out, ..and my car back from Customdubz of course, you'll see them, lol.
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

  10. #9
    Bugsy_27's Avatar
    Vorsprung Durch Technik

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Everywhere!
    Posts
    632
    WOW what an improvement Paulie!

    Big fan of all the mods and even the small touches like the black S3 badge and tax disc holder.

    Where did you get the black rings from?
    Audi A3 2.0tdi S Line - Xenons, RNS-E, Bose, Black & Grey duo leather, MY11 rear lights, Shark Performance remap 183 bhp, Optics Grill with American plate delete, S3 Pedals, S3 vents, Weitec Coilovers, MY11 Black Edition FBSW

  11. #10
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    loving the carbon mirrors paulie nice touch that is , looking good so far tho
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  12. #11
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy_27 View Post
    WOW what an improvement Paulie!

    Big fan of all the mods and even the small touches like the black S3 badge and tax disc holder.

    Where did you get the black rings from?
    Thanks Dude! I can't find the exact Ebay listing I got mine from now, but these are identical to the ones I have.

    New black Audi Four Ring rear badge emblem 178mm | eBay UK
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

  13. #12
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
    Posts
    881
    Nice progress; love the wheels
    Now a happy owner of an A3 Sportback S Line 170 TDI
    My Posh Golf

  14. #13
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    loving the carbon mirrors paulie nice touch that is , looking good so far tho
    Cheers Fran! I'm glad you like it so far
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

  15. #14
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyso View Post
    Nice progress; love the wheels
    Thanks Rhyso, means a lot.
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

  16. #15
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    68
    Sweeeet! Love those wheels. Will look awesome when it's lowered.
    Tom

    2007 1.9 Audi A3 8P Sportback

  17. #16
    JamesS4cab's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,122
    Great work there Paulie - looks awesome!
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

  18. #17
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulieMB View Post
    Cheers Fran! I'm glad you like it so far
    no probs you dont see many imola yellow S3's well you dont down this end of britain anyway and i love the colour same as orange not many people have got any sense of adventure to have a bright colour same as red too i suppose eh all you see is dark colours everywhere it gets a bit boring after a while its nice to see a loud colour
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  19. #18
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Coventry/Warwickshire
    Posts
    2,074
    Real nice touches .I hope your back is ok in this one

  20. #19
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Pricy View Post
    Sweeeet! Love those wheels. Will look awesome when it's lowered.
    Thanks Pricy, TBH I wanted smoked chrome, but was talked out of it by the guy who refinished them, who said that Dark Anthracite would suit my mean and moody plans for the look of the car. At first I thought they were a bit too dark, but I genuinely love them now. Springs are going on as I type this, can't wait to see it now! Thanks again for your lovely comments

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS4cab View Post
    Great work there Paulie - looks awesome!
    Cheers James! Much appreciated.

    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    no probs you dont see many imola yellow S3's well you dont down this end of britain anyway and i love the colour same as orange not many people have got any sense of adventure to have a bright colour same as red too i suppose eh all you see is dark colours everywhere it gets a bit boring after a while its nice to see a loud colour
    I've always liked bright bold colours, lol. This is my third yellow car, think it might be a girly thing too, Fran. Girls tend to like the LOUD colours more than the lads, lol. x

    Quote Originally Posted by Lingy. View Post
    Real nice touches .I hope your back is ok in this one
    Aww thank you Buddy. This one suits my back much better, didn't think I would like the DSG as much as a manual, but I'm completely sold on it now as it means I get to drive it a lot more. Thanks for your lovely comment
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

  21. #20
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    ive got a thing for red cars lol this car is red so was my last one and the one before that haha
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  22. #21
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    ive got a thing for red cars lol this car is red so was my last one and the one before that haha
    Lol, I love red cars too. My first brand new car was a bright red one, but it was only out of the showroom 12 days when someone monumentally rear ended me and it was never the same again after that, ..so although I still love red cars, I've got a kind of superstition about me personally owning one again. So it's yellow for me for the foreseeable, Fran lol.
    Last edited by Paullie; 13th July 2011 at 17:08.
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

  23. #22
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulieMB View Post
    Lol, I love red cars too. My first brand new car was a bright red one, but it was only out of the showroom 12 days when someone monumentally rear ended me and it was never the same again after that, ..so although I still love of red cars, I've got a kind of supersticion about me personally owning one again. So it's yellow for me for the foreseeable, Fran lol.
    i just love the way they look when freshly polished lol ocd i guess lol , i nearly bought a black a3 but after non stop buffing them in work i got put off them as i didnt want mine to be buffed all the time black is a pain for scratching , haha fair enough then nowt wrong with yellow cars
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  24. #23
    Ash187's Avatar
    Audi Retrofitter

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent
    Posts
    6,407

    My Social Networking

    Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Lovely mods Paulie... loving the black on yellow... its really bringing it out!
    Want to see what it looks like with the optics grill and CF mirrors on.
    what other plans you got for it?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

    MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

  25. #24
    RicoS3's Avatar
    Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    575
    Very nice indeed Paulie. I've gone a similar route with my Black Edition, trying to get more Black touches in there too. I searched for far too long to get CF dumbo mirror housings, waiting in the vain hope that OSIR would produce a set, but no. I opted for a set of A5's and got Customdubz to tidy up and paint the piano/gloss black of the optics grill.

    I have thought about the Black rings too and on seeing yours I am swaying back to doing them.

    1 question for you; in your interior pic you have a coin tray on the right hand side of the centre console. I have it on good authority that this was phased out in MY08, so did you fit this yourself? I currently have 3 blank bland buttons and I miss my old tray. I'd actually like to convert the tray into a cup holder like my old A3. If you did mod this, I'd like your help to mod it into mine pretty please Looks like we're local to each other too. I'm surprised I've not seen your car about, it's certainly distinctive.
    2010 Sprint Blue S3 Black Edition - Buckets & BBS CH Black's
    2008 Ibis White S3
    2006 Brilliant Black 2.0T S-Line Special Edition


  26. #25
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    i just love the way they look when freshly polished lol ocd i guess lol , i nearly bought a black a3 but after non stop buffing them in work i got put off them as i didnt want mine to be buffed all the time black is a pain for scratching , haha fair enough then nowt wrong with yellow cars
    I know just what you mean, red is beautiful when freshly polished an not 'pink' like some red cars go in time without the proper care. I am a detailing freak too, but my injury means I can't do as much of it as I would like. I'm totally paranoid about swirlies on my paintwork, so much so that I prefer to do as much touchless detailing as I can, ..I even blow dry the S3, lol. Your 'red one' is a total credit to you, every time I see a pic of it, it brings a big grin to my face, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    Lovely mods Paulie... loving the black on yellow... its really bringing it out!
    Want to see what it looks like with the optics grill and CF mirrors on.
    what other plans you got for it?
    Wow, thanks Ash! I'm really pleased with how the black seems to make the yellow stand out even better than before. Chrome doesn't do anything for yellow paint IMO, lol. I've already got a Stage 1 Shark Performance remap on it, but between yesterday and today it's having a Blueflame TBE, Forge Twintake, some H&R 30mm springs (alignment done too) and a set of NGK Iridium plugs fitted as well as the grille and mirrors. Don't want to know what my bill's gonna be for fitting that little lot, lol. Thanks again, dude.
    FranA3 likes this.
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

  27. #26
    Ash187's Avatar
    Audi Retrofitter

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent
    Posts
    6,407

    My Social Networking

    Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulieMB View Post

    Wow, thanks Ash! I'm really pleased with how the black seems to make the yellow stand out even better than before. Chrome doesn't do anything for yellow paint IMO, lol. I've already got a Stage 1 Shark Performance remap on it, but between yesterday and today it's having a Blueflame TBE, Forge Twintake, some H&R 30mm springs (alignment done too) and a set of NGK Iridium plugs fitted as well as the grille and mirrors. Don't want to know what my bill's gonna be for fitting that little lot, lol. Thanks again, dude.
    Too right with the yellow and chrome comment... it all just blends together.
    Your 'to do' list sounds amazing... even more amazed its going to happen today and tomorrow! you must have a nice stash saved for that lot!
    you know i have looked through your pics a few times over trying to find some sort of mod to suggest but it looks pretty sweet already! you mentioned you dont like chrome and love Carbon... any plans for the interior bits?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

    MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

  28. #27
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoS3 View Post
    Very nice indeed Paulie. I've gone a similar route with my Black Edition, trying to get more Black touches in there too. I searched for far too long to get CF dumbo mirror housings, waiting in the vain hope that OSIR would produce a set, but no. I opted for a set of A5's and got Customdubz to tidy up and paint the piano/gloss black of the optics grill.

    I have thought about the Black rings too and on seeing yours I am swaying back to doing them.

    1 question for you; in your interior pic you have a coin tray on the right hand side of the centre console. I have it on good authority that this was phased out in MY08, so did you fit this yourself? I currently have 3 blank bland buttons and I miss my old tray. I'd actually like to convert the tray into a cup holder like my old A3. If you did mod this, I'd like your help to mod it into mine pretty please Looks like we're local to each other too. I'm surprised I've not seen your car about, it's certainly distinctive.
    Thanks very much for that Rico, I'm a big fan of your beauty of an S3! Good to know you rate the guys at Customdubz, as it's the first time I've used them. That's really strange to hear about the coin tray, as you know mine's an MY10 like yours and AFAIK the first owner didn't swap anything out of it, but then again I can't say for sure. It was like this when I got it and when I saw it had a coin tray, all I did was bump my gums about it not having a drinks holder like my old A3, lol. Sorry I can't help you with this one, Bud . However I would like a drinks holder in there too, so I'm going to do some diggng for us both (got heaps of time on my hands) and see what I can come up with.

    Love the Black Edition CH's you swapped your CK's for, ..I've decided that the CK's are going to be my Winter wheels as I miss my old 19's too much (I might lose the comfort of the 18's, but everything is worth a little pain in the pursuit of beauty, lol), so either some 19" CH-R's in Anthracite or some VMR-710's (Anthracite) will be getting purchased come the new year.

    Hope to see you around sometime, would love to see your car in the flesh for sure!
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

  29. #28
    RicoS3's Avatar
    Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    575
    Thanks Paulie. Good to know you have a coin try fitted to a MY10. Means I can go into Audi and get the tray and cup holder and mod them in. I was under the impression that the overall shape of the button area differed and therefore a MY07 or 08 tray would fit right into a MY10+.

    Here's the thread we need to change out to a cup holder:
    Cup holder mod for facelift A3 / S3

    It has to be 19's for me. Brett had 19" CH-R's on his S3 and he's not sure about them, especially if he was to lower it. The offset is different to boggo CH's. VMR's are tidy though.

    Have you ever visited/thought about EastsideVW? Very good local forum. Catch you around.
    Coling likes this.
    2010 Sprint Blue S3 Black Edition - Buckets & BBS CH Black's
    2008 Ibis White S3
    2006 Brilliant Black 2.0T S-Line Special Edition


  30. #29
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulieMB View Post
    I know just what you mean, red is beautiful when freshly polished an not 'pink' like some red cars go in time without the proper care. I am a detailing freak too, but my injury means I can't do as much of it as I would like. I'm totally paranoid about swirlies on my paintwork, so much so that I prefer to do as much touchless detailing as I can, ..I even blow dry the S3, lol. Your 'red one' is a total credit to you, every time I see a pic of it, it brings a big grin to my face, lol.
    aww thanks paulie i do try and keep her as nice as i poss can i suppose its lucky really as i work in the detailing/valeting trade so can get hold of the right gear and do my own car whenever i feel like , i just hate what she looks like in winter doesnt do my ocd any good at all lmao but still ive porb got the cleanest car around my parts in winter lol , i would really hate it for the paint to go pink i see cars like it all the time and i drive past with a big grin on my face knowing my car is still gleaming red prob better than when it was new , plus i parked my car next to my bosses ferrari the other week just after i had cleaned her and she was a deeper red than his ferrari
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  31. #30
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    Too right with the yellow and chrome comment... it all just blends together.
    Your 'to do' list sounds amazing... even more amazed its going to happen today and tomorrow! you must have a nice stash saved for that lot!
    you know i have looked through your pics a few times over trying to find some sort of mod to suggest but it looks pretty sweet already! you mentioned you dont like chrome and love Carbon... any plans for the interior bits?
    Lol, I've had the bits sitting in the garage for a few months Ash, ..saved them all up to get fitted in one go . I have always loved carbon fibre and absolutely adore IanS3's carbon clad beauty, but I spent a fortune having bespoke carbon fibre bits made for my last car and I think I am not going to go crazy to the same extent with my current car. A nice retrim would make me very happy and that would probably be it for the interior. Forgot to say earlier though that I have a Neuspeed carbon engine cover on order from Graeme at GNJ Motorsport (member on here) to go with my Forge Twintake. It's the smaller one, so I know it fits and I think it will go quite nicely with the carbon filter covers of the CAI. Thanks again!
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

  32. #31
    Digzz's Avatar
    "Started From The Bottom"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,383
    Great Mods Mate... Where did you get the Piano Black B Pillar covers from ? And was it hard to install ?

  33. #32
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by digzz View Post
    Great Mods Mate... Where did you get the Piano Black B Pillar covers from ? And was it hard to install ?
    Cheers Bud, I bought them from Stoke Audi on here, they were about £74 for the set IIRC. They weren't hard to fit. I removed the old ones using a 3mm drill bit to drill out the existing pop rivets (3 each side) I used an old bank card to hold back the rubber door seal, so's the drill didn't catch on it. I bought a pop rivet gun on Ebay new for around a fiver and it came wth the right sized rivets for the job. It was probably a 10 minute job to remove the old ones and a 2 minute job to refit the new ones.
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

  34. #33
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    hmm i was thinking of getting some piano b-pillar trims myself as ive got tinted rear windows and they look good with tints not to badly priced to be fair
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  35. #34
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoS3 View Post
    Thanks Paulie. Good to know you have a coin try fitted to a MY10. Means I can go into Audi and get the tray and cup holder and mod them in. I was under the impression that the overall shape of the button area differed and therefore a MY07 or 08 tray would fit right into a MY10+.

    Here's the thread we need to change out to a cup holder:
    Cup holder mod for facelift A3 / S3

    It has to be 19's for me. Brett had 19" CH-R's on his S3 and he's not sure about them, especially if he was to lower it. The offset is different to boggo CH's. VMR's are tidy though.

    Have you ever visited/thought about EastsideVW? Very good local forum. Catch you around.
    Well I'm glad I helped you in a way, lol. At least you know you can mod it into your MY10 S3 now.

    Hmm, I've been thinking about what you said and I had a wee look at Brett's wheel choice thread. I really love the look of the CH-R's and think they look a bit more radical than the CH's, but with the difference in fitment, ie ET48 19x8.5J the last thing I want is for it to rub and I like to have my rims with a fair bit of protection too. I may just buy a nice set of silver CH's and have them done anthracite as it means I could get away - even lowered by 30mm - with 225's because of the 8J rim and the ET50. Do you have VWRacing springs on your car now, Rich? How you finding them?
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

  36. #35
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    hmm i was thinking of getting some piano b-pillar trims myself as ive got tinted rear windows and they look good with tints not to badly priced to be fair
    I was expecting them to be more expensive than they were, Fran, so got a pleasant surprise when Dave at Stoke told me the price. Would look SWEET as on your car!
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

  37. #36
    RicoS3's Avatar
    Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulieMB View Post
    Do you have VWRacing springs on your car now, Rich? How you finding them?
    In a word, superb. I had H&R's from Awesome on a deal Xmas 2009 and when I got the new S3 had them fitted straight away. I had nothing but problems so they were out and it took me over a year to pluck up the courage to lower it again. I had all manner of clashes and bangs, sounded horrendous. I actually think I got sent the wrong springs (ie, not S3 ones). The problems were related to the rear springs. The coils were compounded together all the time, didn't look right let alone drive or sound right.

    That said everyone else that has and has had H&R's swear by them, so don't judge your path on my experience. H&R's lower 25mm from S3 stock, the VWR's 20mm. I do want to go lower, so I have been thinking of H&R's again At 20mm it looks lower and drives better, so I'm well happy. The more I look at it and then A3simon's (local boy on here as well), I feel I need to go back to the H&R's just to drop it that wee bit more. VWR's aren't rebadged H&R's or whatever as far as I can tell either.

    I had to go 215's on the 19" CK's as the 225 would rub if lowered, so yip, the CH-R's would need a slim tyre. I chipped 3 alloys in 2 weeks on the 215's so back to 225's after the springs were out. Check out Simon's S3.....New wheels fitted
    Last edited by RicoS3; 13th July 2011 at 15:26.
    2010 Sprint Blue S3 Black Edition - Buckets & BBS CH Black's
    2008 Ibis White S3
    2006 Brilliant Black 2.0T S-Line Special Edition


  38. #37
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoS3 View Post
    In a word, superb. I had H&R's from Awesome on a deal Xmas 2009 and when I got the new S3 had them fitted straight away. I had nothing but problems so they were out and it took me over a year to pluck up the courage to lower it again. I had all manner of clashes and bangs, sounded horrendous. I actually think I got sent the wrong springs (ie, not S3 ones). The problems were related to the rear springs. The coils were compounded together all the time, didn't look right let alone drive or sound right.

    That said everyone else that has and has had H&R's swear by them, so don't judge your path on my experience. H&R's lower 25mm from S3 stock, the VWR's 20mm. I do want to go lower, so I have been thinking of H&R's again At 20mm it looks lower and drives better, so I'm well happy. The more I look at it and then A3simon's (local boy on here as well), I feel I need to go back to the H&R's. VWR's aren't rebadged H&R's or whatever as far as I can tell either.

    I had to go 215's on the 19" CK's as the 225 would rub if lowered, so yip, the CH-R's would need a slim tyre. I chipped 3 alloys in 2 weeks on the 215's so back to 225's after the springs were out. Check out Simon's S3.....New wheels fitted
    OMG that's not good to hear about your nightmare with the H&R's, Rich! Ah well, I hope I've got the right ones as they're already fitted now I should imagine, lol. I really don't fancy having the same probs you did with your wheels either, they're such an expense, that the last thing you want to do is keep on chipping them all the time, ..the state of our roads certainly don't help us up here, lol. Maybe I should just stick with what I've got and get a retrim instead of some new wheels. I don't think the fitment of the VMR-710's will be any better than the BBS CH-R's TBH as they're 8.5J's as well . I got some serious thinking to do now and I'm really glad you told me about this. Gotta love the look of the 19's though, lol. Will check out Simon's thread now.

    EDIT Thanks for that link, Rich. Looks like it'll have to be CH 19's after all, no rubbing issues when lowered is exactly what I need. I can just hear my other half the minute there was a hint of scrubbing from the rears, ..wouldn't be worth it, lol. There isn't a better looking wheel anyway, ..the CH-R's do look more radical, but I've always loved the CH's and the CK's. It's great having such knowledgeable peeps close by, catch you soon hopefully!
    Last edited by Paullie; 13th July 2011 at 15:36.
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

  39. #38
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulieMB View Post
    I was expecting them to be more expensive than they were, Fran, so got a pleasant surprise when Dave at Stoke told me the price. Would look SWEET as on your car!
    yeah its not a bad price at all might have to look into it in the near future
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  40. #39
    MOOSH's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    261
    Oh Paulie another amazing car is being born here! Epic!!

    Cant wait for the updates!

  41. #40
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by MOOSH View Post
    Oh Paulie another amazing car is being born here! Epic!!

    Cant wait for the updates!
    Awww Gordy, thank you so much. This one's not getting modded to the full extent the last one was, but by the time I get her back from Customdubz (looking more like tomorrow now, rather than today) she will be looking just as I want and the exterior will be done, ..I think, lol. Where have I said that before, lol? Hope you and your wee family are all doing well, Sweetie. Big huggles as always xx
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

 

 
Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO