PaulieMB's Mellow Yellow Progress Thread

What were your feelings about the warranty and adding the remap ? also was their a particular reason you went for Shark ?

I opted to take my chances with the warranty, I've done it with a few new cars now and if something goes wrong with it, then thats just life, lol. I think it's a bit of a waste to have a standard S3, though of course I understand why a lot of people choose to wait until the warranty is up before tuning them. I don't drive the car to anywhere near its limits, but I love the benefits a remap gives, ..the thrill for one - when I'm in the mood, lol - and the improved fuel consumption to name but a couple. I went with Shark Performance because I had only heard good things about them, their maps and their aftersales service. The other reason was that I am able to map the car at home, via their STS unit. I scan the car using VCDS first to make sure that every thing is running well, then flash the map and every couple of weeks keep a close eye on how things are health wise with the car. Ben at Shark really seems to know his stuff and the Stage 2 map is very progressive and smooth, ..exactly what I wanted :icon_thumright:

As promised guys, here are a few pics of my Neuspeed carbon engine cover. Love how it looks and was very relieved to see it fit perfectly alongside my Forge Twintake. I also added a couple of badges, just to give it back an OEM touch and an R8 oil cap. Thanks to Graeme at GNJ Motorsport for getting me a great deal on the cover, ..cheers again dude!

I hope you like, folks! :icon_thumright:

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg
wow that looks awesome paulie good work , got to love a bit of carbon under the bonnet , whats next then ??? .x

wow that looks awesome paulie good work , got to love a bit of carbon under the bonnet , whats next then ??? .x

Thank you so much, Fran :kiss:. What's next? Haven't got a clue Sweetie, lol. I'm going to buy a set of Winter tyres, but that's pretty boring stuff. Of course, when I know what's next on the list, I'll be letting you know! :wub: x

Looks fantastic Paulie, the carbon really goes with the Forge twintake :)

Cheers Graeme and thanks for helping me get this lovely piece of carbon fibre. It's lovely quality and easy to fit. I'm delighted with it! :icon_thumright:

I have just to got say..... WOW :respekt:

That does look absolutely stunning :wub:

Aww, thank you! I'm very happy you like it too :wub: x

Impressive Paulie... As Paddy said, Glass bonnet next lol!! i STILL want your mirrors and think about them every ****** day!! i would pay your friend a real healthy sum for a set of those mirrors.. i want rid of my Alu mirrors!!!

Impressive Paulie... As Paddy said, Glass bonnet next lol!! i STILL want your mirrors and think about them every ****** day!! i would pay your friend a real healthy sum for a set of those mirrors.. i want rid of my Alu mirrors!!!

Lol, thanks Ryan :wub: x . I'm chipping away at Carbon Man, don't worry. Will be visiting him next week, so will see what he says. I have to say I don't miss the alu mirrors one little bit and I know S3 purists will shake their fists at me for saying it, ..but I think depending on wheel colour etc, the alu covers don't always look right.

Wow .. looks awesome, I love the yellow with the carbon fibre.

Its nice to see a rarer colour and very good to see it being very well looked after with great attention to detail..

Keep up the good work :happy:

Thought i commented on this when you first did it! Car looks amazing, one of my favourite S3 8Ps. And in one of my favourite colours as well, love the carbon and black detailing :wub: Looks alot more aggressive and stands out. Two weeks ago i had no alloys on my car and was looking like my poor baby could be on axle stands. Got messed around twice, but lucky found a set of alloys the same as yours but already in anthracite a lighter shade with tyres. Kept looking at your S3 as it looks good on them and was thinking i hope they look good on mine. After a 250mile trip got them for a bargain and well pleased with them. So thank you for helping me make the right decision :happy:
Engine bay looks very smart an tidy. Your car also my background on my laptop. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Wow .. looks awesome, I love the yellow with the carbon fibre.

Its nice to see a rarer colour and very good to see it being very well looked after with great attention to detail..

Keep up the good work :happy:

Thank you very much, Dazza. I'll do my best :wub: x

Thought i commented on this when you first did it! Car looks amazing, one of my favourite S3 8Ps. And in one of my favourite colours as well, love the carbon and black detailing :wub: Looks alot more aggressive and stands out. Two weeks ago i had no alloys on my car and was looking like my poor baby could be on axle stands. Got messed around twice, but lucky found a set of alloys the same as yours but already in anthracite a lighter shade with tyres. Kept looking at your S3 as it looks good on them and was thinking i hope they look good on mine. After a 250mile trip got them for a bargain and well pleased with them. So thank you for helping me make the right decision :happy:
Engine bay looks very smart an tidy. Your car also my background on my laptop. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Aww thanks Ash, that's really lovely of you. I'm sure your new wheels will look amazing, ..can't go far wrong with BBS to be fair. I had the light anthracite ones on my Astra VXR (19's) and loved them to bits. Your car's one of my faves on here for sure, love its mean moody good looks, lol. :wub::wub::wub: x

Aww thanks Ash, that's really lovely of you. I'm sure your new wheels will look amazing, ..can't go far wrong with BBS to be fair. I had the light anthracite ones on my Astra VXR (19's) and loved them to bits. Your car's one of my faves on here for sure, love its mean moody good looks, lol. :wub::wub::wub: x

No problem :) They are on the car now and have grown on me alot. Will update some photos once some other mods are done. Agree cant go wrong with BBS. But at first i thought they probably look better in a darker shade like yours. But as a few members have said the contrast looks alot better. Wish i held out an out 19s mind :( lol But always next time....Yeah your VXR looked lovely with them on. Aw thanks for that :happy::thumbsup: I'll be keeping a close eye on your updates :)

Thank you so much, Fran :kiss:. What's next? Haven't got a clue Sweetie, lol. I'm going to buy a set of Winter tyres, but that's pretty boring stuff. Of course, when I know what's next on the list, I'll be letting you know! :wub: x
haha im thinking of buying some winter tyres too on some crappy wheels just for the harsh months ahead , haha wont be long im sure till you get the itch to do something else im going crazy because ive got not alot of money so cant do alot to mine at the min its driving me nuts thats why i keep on painting things its cheap hahaha :wub: .x

As promised guys, here are a few pics of my Neuspeed carbon engine cover. Love how it looks and was very relieved to see it fit perfectly alongside my Forge Twintake. I also added a couple of badges, just to give it back an OEM touch and an R8 oil cap. Thanks to Graeme at GNJ Motorsport for getting me a great deal on the cover, ..cheers again dude!

I hope you like, folks! :icon_thumright:

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg
That looks ace, nice sure I like the S badge though? Think it would look better without....

Love the CK's :)

Now that's how the S3 should come from the factory, fine example there!

Very nice indeed, the black parts, wheels and carbon mirrors go really well with the yellow :yes:

haha im thinking of buying some winter tyres too on some crappy wheels just for the harsh months ahead , haha wont be long im sure till you get the itch to do something else im going crazy because ive got not alot of money so cant do alot to mine at the min its driving me nuts thats why i keep on painting things its cheap hahaha :wub: .x

I think Winter tyres are a must this year! I know a lot of mods for our cars are very expensive, but sometimes it's the little details that make all the difference and a well though out touch of paint here and there that doesn't cost the Earth can make a car look like a million dollars. Every time I do another mod the other half asks if I'm finished and I always say "Oh yeah, that's it done now" lol. There's always something else that can be tweaked, lol! :wub: x

That looks ace, nice sure I like the S badge though? Think it would look better without....

Thanks Buddy, ..the S badge is coming off! :salute: x

Love the CK's :)

Now that's how the S3 should come from the factory, fine example there!

Aww, that's so nice of you. Thank you!! :wub: x

Very nice indeed, the black parts, wheels and carbon mirrors go really well with the yellow :yes:

Thanks so much , Richard! Very much appreciated. :wub: x

That looks AWESOME Paulie, good work! x

Thanks very much, Hun! :wub: x

So get pics up Paulie without the S badge :laugh:

Yeah, yeah, ..in a bit! :p :wub: x

Oh guys, I got very excited whilst browsing Ebay.de last night. I came across this, black Optics grille from an RS3 and just HAD to have it, lol. Just got to organise a number plate holder now! Hope it looks good fitted. Can't wait for it to arrive now, so I can get it on. :wub: x

KGrHqNk8E4lpg0ktGBON-KGPMHw0_12.jpg

Oh guys, I got very excited whilst browsing Ebay.de last night. I came across this, black Optics grille from an RS3 and just HAD to have it, lol. Just got to organise a number plate holder now! Hope it looks good fitted. Can't wait for it to arrive now, so I can get it on. :wub: x

KGrHqNk8E4lpg0ktGBON-KGPMHw0_12.jpg

Stunning!!!...
Your car is going to look even better with this grill, keep up the good work paullie :rockwoot:

that looks good, how much did that set you back?

Thanks Ash, it cost me £265 including delivery from Germany. I know the dealership price is around 660 Euros for the standard one, so I think I did okay. It had only been listed for a few minutes when I saw it. :)

wonder if it will be a straight fit or if it will need some 'persuading' to fit?

wonder if it will be a straight fit or if it will need some 'persuading' to fit?

The fixings look the same and I've read that it will fit the S3 bumper without any modification. It was listed on Ebay as being suitable for all 2009 onwards S-Lines and S3's. If it needs some persuading, ..I'll be providing it, no worries, lol! :) x

if it does ill be jealous... lookin forward to seein it fitted paulie...

Thnks Ryan! :wub: x

The fixings look the same and I've read that it will fit the S3 bumper without any modification. It was listed on Ebay as being suitable for all 2009 onwards S-Lines and S3's. If it needs some persuading, ..I'll be providing it, no worries, lol! :) x

fingers crossed it all goes smooth, as soon as its in get the pics up!

Here's a pre production shot of the RS3 with an S3 grille fitted to the RS3 bumper, so I should think the RS3 grille will fit the S3 bumper without much - if any - persuasion from me, lol. We will see! :wub: xx

2011-audi-rs3.jpg

Reactions: Boud
Here's a pre production shot of the RS3 with an S3 grille fitted to the RS3 bumper, so I should think the RS3 grille will fit the S3 bumper without much - if any - persuasion from me, lol. We will see! :wub: xx

2011-audi-rs3.jpg

The only negative about it is ....you can't have no front fog lights.