AH FabricationsVolks Autos
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: PaulieMB's Mellow Yellow Progress Thread

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    What were your feelings about the warranty and adding the remap ? also was their a particular reason you went for Shark ?
    I opted to take my chances with the warranty, I've done it with a few new cars now and if something goes wrong with it, then thats just life, lol. I think it's a bit of a waste to have a standard S3, though of course I understand why a lot of people choose to wait until the warranty is up before tuning them. I don't drive the car to anywhere near its limits, but I love the benefits a remap gives, ..the thrill for one - when I'm in the mood, lol - and the improved fuel consumption to name but a couple. I went with Shark Performance because I had only heard good things about them, their maps and their aftersales service. The other reason was that I am able to map the car at home, via their STS unit. I scan the car using VCDS first to make sure that every thing is running well, then flash the map and every couple of weeks keep a close eye on how things are health wise with the car. Ben at Shark really seems to know his stuff and the Stage 2 map is very progressive and smooth, ..exactly what I wanted
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

2. # ADS
    ADS

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paullie View Post
    As promised guys, here are a few pics of my Neuspeed carbon engine cover. Love how it looks and was very relieved to see it fit perfectly alongside my Forge Twintake. I also added a couple of badges, just to give it back an OEM touch and an R8 oil cap. Thanks to Graeme at GNJ Motorsport for getting me a great deal on the cover, ..cheers again dude!

I hope you like, folks!

wow that looks awesome paulie good work , got to love a bit of carbon under the bonnet , whats next then ??? .x
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

3rd Gear

Status
    Looks fantastic Paulie, the carbon really goes with the Forge twintake

Neutral

Status
    I have just to got say..... WOW

That does look absolutely stunning
    Play: 2007 Audi S3 in Solar Orange SOLD

Work: 2010 SAAB 93 in Graphite Grey

Gone but not forgotten... Mini Cooper S, BMW E92 Coupe, Volvo S40, Audi A4, VW Golf GTi, VW Passat
    BMW K1200R, Ducati S4R, Suzuki GSXR 6, Kawasaki ZX6R, Honda CB6F

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    wow that looks awesome paulie good work , got to love a bit of carbon under the bonnet , whats next then ??? .x
    Thank you so much, Fran . What's next? Haven't got a clue Sweetie, lol. I'm going to buy a set of Winter tyres, but that's pretty boring stuff. Of course, when I know what's next on the list, I'll be letting you know! x

Quote Originally Posted by GNJ_Motorsport View Post
    Looks fantastic Paulie, the carbon really goes with the Forge twintake
    Cheers Graeme and thanks for helping me get this lovely piece of carbon fibre. It's lovely quality and easy to fit. I'm delighted with it!

Quote Originally Posted by orfink View Post
    I have just to got say..... WOW

That does look absolutely stunning
    Aww, thank you! I'm very happy you like it too x

Interior Next!!

Status
    Impressive Paulie... As Paddy said, Glass bonnet next lol!! i STILL want your mirrors and think about them every bloody day!! i would pay your friend a real healthy sum for a set of those mirrors.. i want rid of my Alu mirrors!!!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RYE View Post
    Impressive Paulie... As Paddy said, Glass bonnet next lol!! i STILL want your mirrors and think about them every bloody day!! i would pay your friend a real healthy sum for a set of those mirrors.. i want rid of my Alu mirrors!!!
    Lol, thanks Ryan x . I'm chipping away at Carbon Man, don't worry. Will be visiting him next week, so will see what he says. I have to say I don't miss the alu mirrors one little bit and I know S3 purists will shake their fists at me for saying it, ..but I think depending on wheel colour etc, the alu covers don't always look right.

5th Gear

Status
    this is extremely nice example! Well done Paullie
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDejavu View Post
    this is extremely nice example! Well done Paullie
    Thanks Buddy, much appreciated comment.

1st Gear

Status
    Wow .. looks awesome, I love the yellow with the carbon fibre.

Its nice to see a rarer colour and very good to see it being very well looked after with great attention to detail..

Keep up the good work

6th Gear

Status
    Thought i commented on this when you first did it! Car looks amazing, one of my favourite S3 8Ps. And in one of my favourite colours as well, love the carbon and black detailing Looks alot more aggressive and stands out. Two weeks ago i had no alloys on my car and was looking like my poor baby could be on axle stands. Got messed around twice, but lucky found a set of alloys the same as yours but already in anthracite a lighter shade with tyres. Kept looking at your S3 as it looks good on them and was thinking i hope they look good on mine. After a 250mile trip got them for a bargain and well pleased with them. So thank you for helping me make the right decision
    Engine bay looks very smart an tidy. Your car also my background on my laptop. Keep up the good work
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazza0685 View Post
    Wow .. looks awesome, I love the yellow with the carbon fibre.

Its nice to see a rarer colour and very good to see it being very well looked after with great attention to detail..

Keep up the good work
    Thank you very much, Dazza. I'll do my best x

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash B View Post
    Thought i commented on this when you first did it! Car looks amazing, one of my favourite S3 8Ps. And in one of my favourite colours as well, love the carbon and black detailing Looks alot more aggressive and stands out. Two weeks ago i had no alloys on my car and was looking like my poor baby could be on axle stands. Got messed around twice, but lucky found a set of alloys the same as yours but already in anthracite a lighter shade with tyres. Kept looking at your S3 as it looks good on them and was thinking i hope they look good on mine. After a 250mile trip got them for a bargain and well pleased with them. So thank you for helping me make the right decision
    Engine bay looks very smart an tidy. Your car also my background on my laptop. Keep up the good work
    Aww thanks Ash, that's really lovely of you. I'm sure your new wheels will look amazing, ..can't go far wrong with BBS to be fair. I had the light anthracite ones on my Astra VXR (19's) and loved them to bits. Your car's one of my faves on here for sure, love its mean moody good looks, lol. x

6th Gear

Status
    Aww thanks Ash, that's really lovely of you. I'm sure your new wheels will look amazing, ..can't go far wrong with BBS to be fair. I had the light anthracite ones on my Astra VXR (19's) and loved them to bits. Your car's one of my faves on here for sure, love its mean moody good looks, lol. x
    No problem They are on the car now and have grown on me alot. Will update some photos once some other mods are done. Agree cant go wrong with BBS. But at first i thought they probably look better in a darker shade like yours. But as a few members have said the contrast looks alot better. Wish i held out an out 19s mind lol But always next time....Yeah your VXR looked lovely with them on. Aw thanks for that I'll be keeping a close eye on your updates

events moderator

Status
    Thank you so much, Fran . What's next? Haven't got a clue Sweetie, lol. I'm going to buy a set of Winter tyres, but that's pretty boring stuff. Of course, when I know what's next on the list, I'll be letting you know! x
    haha im thinking of buying some winter tyres too on some crappy wheels just for the harsh months ahead , haha wont be long im sure till you get the itch to do something else im going crazy because ive got not alot of money so cant do alot to mine at the min its driving me nuts thats why i keep on painting things its cheap hahaha .x
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    As promised guys, here are a few pics of my Neuspeed carbon engine cover. Love how it looks and was very relieved to see it fit perfectly alongside my Forge Twintake. I also added a couple of badges, just to give it back an OEM touch and an R8 oil cap. Thanks to Graeme at GNJ Motorsport for getting me a great deal on the cover, ..cheers again dude!

I hope you like, folks!

That looks ace, nice sure I like the S badge though? Think it would look better without....

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

Call me Dan :)

Status
    Love the CK's

Now that's how the S3 should come from the factory, fine example there!
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

Phantom Black | Leather Seats | Heated Seats | Black Optics | AMI | Badges Deletion | Rear Sunblind | Armrest | Darkened Glass | S3 Chrome Grill | H+R 10mm Spacers up Front | H+R 13mm Spacer at Rear | Mtec Cosmos Blue Bulbs | Cared for Paint Work |

Reverse Gear

Status
    Very nice indeed, the black parts, wheels and carbon mirrors go really well with the yellow

Bazinga!

Status
    That looks AWESOME Paulie, good work! x

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    So get pics up Paulie without the S badge

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    haha im thinking of buying some winter tyres too on some crappy wheels just for the harsh months ahead , haha wont be long im sure till you get the itch to do something else im going crazy because ive got not alot of money so cant do alot to mine at the min its driving me nuts thats why i keep on painting things its cheap hahaha .x
    I think Winter tyres are a must this year! I know a lot of mods for our cars are very expensive, but sometimes it's the little details that make all the difference and a well though out touch of paint here and there that doesn't cost the Earth can make a car look like a million dollars. Every time I do another mod the other half asks if I'm finished and I always say "Oh yeah, that's it done now" lol. There's always something else that can be tweaked, lol! x

Quote Originally Posted by Ibis Edition View Post
    That looks ace, nice sure I like the S badge though? Think it would look better without....
    Thanks Buddy, ..the S badge is coming off! x

Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Love the CK's

Now that's how the S3 should come from the factory, fine example there!
    Aww, that's so nice of you. Thank you!! x

Quote Originally Posted by Richard-S3 View Post
    Very nice indeed, the black parts, wheels and carbon mirrors go really well with the yellow
    Thanks so much , Richard! Very much appreciated. x

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    That looks AWESOME Paulie, good work! x
    Thanks very much, Hun! x

Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    So get pics up Paulie without the S badge
    Yeah, yeah, ..in a bit! x

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel

Banana Menace!

Status
    Oh guys, I got very excited whilst browsing Ebay.de last night. I came across this, black Optics grille from an RS3 and just HAD to have it, lol. Just got to organise a number plate holder now! Hope it looks good fitted. Can't wait for it to arrive now, so I can get it on. x

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    that looks good, how much did that set you back?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

2nd Gear

Status
    Oh guys, I got very excited whilst browsing Ebay.de last night. I came across this, black Optics grille from an RS3 and just HAD to have it, lol. Just got to organise a number plate holder now! Hope it looks good fitted. Can't wait for it to arrive now, so I can get it on. x

Stunning!!!...
    Your car is going to look even better with this grill, keep up the good work paullie

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    that looks good, how much did that set you back?
    Thanks Ash, it cost me £265 including delivery from Germany. I know the dealership price is around 660 Euros for the standard one, so I think I did okay. It had only been listed for a few minutes when I saw it.

Neutral

Status
    S3 looking brilliant .

6th Gear

Status
    wonder if it will be a straight fit or if it will need some 'persuading' to fit?
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
    wonder if it will be a straight fit or if it will need some 'persuading' to fit?
    if it does ill be jealous... lookin forward to seein it fitted paulie...
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by The Engineer View Post
    Stunning!!!...
    Your car is going to look even better with this grill, keep up the good work paullie
    Aw thank you, Dude! I certainly hope it does looks good, now I've taken the plunge, lol. x

6th Gear

Status
    if it does ill be jealous...
    ... and then on the hunt for one?
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

Banana Menace!

Status
    The fixings look the same and I've read that it will fit the S3 bumper without any modification. It was listed on Ebay as being suitable for all 2009 onwards S-Lines and S3's. If it needs some persuading, ..I'll be providing it, no worries, lol! x

if it does ill be jealous... lookin forward to seein it fitted paulie...
    Thnks Ryan! x

6th Gear

Status
    The fixings look the same and I've read that it will fit the S3 bumper without any modification. It was listed on Ebay as being suitable for all 2009 onwards S-Lines and S3's. If it needs some persuading, ..I'll be providing it, no worries, lol! x
    fingers crossed it all goes smooth, as soon as its in get the pics up!

Banana Menace!

Status
    fingers crossed it all goes smooth, as soon as its in get the pics up!
    Thanks Paolo, will of course post some piccies x

Banana Menace!

Status
    Here's a pre production shot of the RS3 with an S3 grille fitted to the RS3 bumper, so I should think the RS3 grille will fit the S3 bumper without much - if any - persuasion from me, lol. We will see! xx

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3LVX View Post
    S3 looking brilliant .
    Aww thank you, Buddy! x

6th Gear

Status
    Ohh my Thats gonna look sweet make sure you get some photos up

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash B View Post
    Ohh my Thats gonna look sweet make sure you get some photos up
    Cheers Ash! x

Neutral

Status
    looks awesome

"Started From The Bottom"

Status
    Here's a pre production shot of the RS3 with an S3 grille fitted to the RS3 bumper, so I should think the RS3 grille will fit the S3 bumper without much - if any - persuasion from me, lol. We will see! xx

The only negative about it is ....you can't have no front fog lights.