Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: PaulieMB's Mellow Yellow Progress Thread

Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!

Status
    Superb! Looks well tidy. We definately need a wee photo shoot. They'll look like an angry brother and sister combo. I might have to talk to your carbon boy as they look very professional indeed. Good effort.
    2010 Sprint Blue S3 Black Edition - Buckets & BBS CH Black's
    2008 Ibis White S3
    2006 Brilliant Black 2.0T S-Line Special Edition

2. # ADS
    ADS

Interior Next!!

Status
    omg the mirrors. It's not the 1st time I've asked but can you force this guy to do the mirrors please!!! Lol

That black optics grill + Mirrors + drop = bang tidy! It's the best yellow S3 I ever saw!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    That looks great Paula, wasn't to sure if it could be pulled off but you've managed it! I wish I had money to carry out some cosmetic mods but I need to pay the damn thing off

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoS3 View Post
    Superb! Looks well tidy. We definately need a wee photo shoot. They'll look like an angry brother and sister combo. I might have to talk to your carbon boy as they look very professional indeed. Good effort.
    Hehe, angry bro and sis, I like that. Think they'd look great together in pics, with them being such similar combos, albeit in very different colours. Will see what I can do about carbon boy. Thanks again Rich
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RYE View Post
    omg the mirrors. It's not the 1st time I've asked but can you force this guy to do the mirrors please!!! Lol

That black optics grill + Mirrors + drop = bang tidy! It's the best yellow S3 I ever saw!
    You guys are just too kind. Thanks so much Ryan, and as I said, I will keep chipping away at my carbon guy. He's busy doing some full paint corrections on a pair of Porsches at the moment, ..think my mirrors gave him grey hair in the space of a week, ..oh come to think of it, he doesn't have any hair, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibis Edition View Post
    That looks great Paula, wasn't to sure if it could be pulled off but you've managed it! I wish I had money to carry out some cosmetic mods but I need to pay the damn thing off
    Thanks Dude, very much appreciated comments. I didn't know if I could pull it off until I saw it myself today with all its black/carbon bits on and I was very happy with what I saw, ..was a big relief to see it all pull together. I know, cars are such an expensive hobby and modding them is just as good at depleting the old bank account, lol.

Banana Menace!

Status
    Guys, a few peeps have said to me today that I need to have the front lip and rear diffuser painted black, but I am really not sure about this. I think the grey of the front lip looks good against the dark anthracite of the wheels and think that the grey lip says "S3" to me. I have a satin black diffuser in the garage, but have hummed and aah'd about fitting it for ages. What do you think I should do? Black lip or leave? Thanks in advance

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulieMB View Post
    Guys, a few peeps have said to me today that I need to have the front lip and rear diffuser painted black, but I am really not sure about this. I think the grey of the front lip looks good against the dark anthracite of the wheels and think that the grey lip says "S3" to me. I have a satin black diffuser in the garage, but have hummed and aah'd about fitting it for ages. What do you think I should do? Black lip or leave? Thanks in advance
    Carbon skin them, finish it off nicely!
    paddy likes this.

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

Banana Menace!

Status
    The guy who fitted them said the same Buddy, but I did the whole carbon fibre thing big time with my last car (full CF diffuser, splitter, mirrors, fog surrounds, boot handle, bump strips, diffuser inserts and interior bits) and swore I wouldn't do it again to this one, ..but who knows, maybe I will succumb. Never say never, lol.

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Ian's looks the dogs nuts, I would consider it. Your Astra was immense with the carbon mobs, I bet whoever had that after you was very happy!

Follow me on Twitter

Banana Menace!

Status
    Ian's looks the dogs nuts, I would consider it. Your Astra was immense with the carbon mobs, I bet whoever had that after you was very happy!
    Ian's is one AWESOME S3!!! I loved making the Astra what it was for sure and lucky for me it sold within a day or two of putting it up for sale. Lol, I remember the grin on the new owner's face as he drove away, ..priceless

events moderator

Status
    WOW im in love with your car paulie that looks amazing the carbon mirrors really suit it
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    WOW im in love with your car paulie that looks amazing the carbon mirrors really suit it
    That really means a lot Fran. I know that yellow doesn't usually do it for many guys, but perhaps the black/carbon accents on this one gives it a slightly broader appeal, lol. THANK YOU! x

events moderator

Status
    i only like a few yellow cars and the/your S3 is defo one of them but like you say with the black touches it makes a bit of a mean looking car well done you keep the good stuff coming .x
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    i only like a few yellow cars and the/your S3 is defo one of them but like you say with the black touches it makes a bit of a mean looking car well done you keep the good stuff coming .x
    Will do, Sweetie. Thanks again x

5th Gear

Status
    First photo is going to be my secondary work monitors background! Secondary because thats the one where u actually see the desktop :-)
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

Interior Next!!

Status
    +1 but after hes done my mirrors!!
    S

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings

3rd Gear

Status
    I'll be honest Paula, I thought the 18's looked a little small earlier but I reserved judgement until the springs were on and it now looks perfect. All you need now is a carbon fibre engine cover!

The colour of the wheels, the CF mirrors and Forge twintake suit the Imola Yellow really well

Shark Performance Lancashire Dealer

1st Gear

Status
    paulie looking the dogs cant wait till mine is looking as good as yours
    2008 imola s3 Gone
    2012 Daytona Grey RS3

Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!

Status
    If it were me, I'd leave the front splitter and rear valance, it breaks up the two colours. Either that or remove the front grey strip and struts between the two prongs. I'm not sure you can, possibly just unscrew it, but I think it'd look more aggresive. If removed, carbon the rear valance and whack it on.

So there you go, total confusion and indifference! Leave it as is, or completely change it if the front unscrews!? I need to stop drinking and go to bed.
    2010 Sprint Blue S3 Black Edition - Buckets & BBS CH Black's
    2008 Ibis White S3
    2006 Brilliant Black 2.0T S-Line Special Edition

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    OMFG!!! that has to be the best yellow S3 i have seen... its too damn sexy! that grill, alloys and mirrors well done Paulie!
    Love the stance on that... and when it settles in its going to look even better.
    Carbon the front splitter and rear valance! those final little touches make all the difference. i wasnt a big fan of carbon until you wrapped your fog surrounds but seeing those mirrors
    how much did your friend charge you for them?? tell him there is lots of money to be made on that and he should start doing some for the guys here!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GNJ_Motorsport View Post
    I'll be honest Paula, I thought the 18's looked a little small earlier but I reserved judgement until the springs were on and it now looks perfect. All you need now is a carbon fibre engine cover!

The colour of the wheels, the CF mirrors and Forge twintake suit the Imola Yellow really well
    18" does work. But only once lowered. The H&R springs give it just about enough drop to pull them off.. Just like mine.
    S

3rd Gear

Status
    18" does work. But only once lowered. The H&R springs give it just about enough drop to pull them off.. Just like mine.
    Yeah on OE suspension I think BBS 18's look a little small because of the design of them but once you close the gap in the arch they look spot on

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhan View Post
    First photo is going to be my secondary work monitors background! Secondary because thats the one where u actually see the desktop :-)

+1 but after hes done my mirrors!!

Thanks Graeme, it was hard going back to a car with standard suspension after having my Astra lowered, so it was only a matter of time until the S3 came down a bit, lol. I know exactly what you mean about the 18's and I was even more doubtful when I first had them refinished in Dark Anthracite as darker wheels tend to look smaller anyway. They looked lost in the massive gap of the wheel archs, but now thankfully I think they look fine.

Quote Originally Posted by yuan2211 View Post
    paulie looking the dogs cant wait till mine is looking as good as yours
    Thanks Buddy, Imola FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by RicoS3 View Post
    If it were me, I'd leave the front splitter and rear valance, it breaks up the two colours. Either that or remove the front grey strip and struts between the two prongs. I'm not sure you can, possibly just unscrew it, but I think it'd look more aggresive. If removed, carbon the rear valance and whack it on.

So there you go, total confusion and indifference! Leave it as is, or completely change it if the front unscrews!? I need to stop drinking and go to bed.
    Lol, hope you had a good sleep after all that deliberating you did for me last night, Rich. I think I'm going to just leave it as it is, ..for now anyway. Goodness knows what I'll decide eventually, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    OMFG!!! that has to be the best yellow S3 i have seen... its too damn sexy! that grill, alloys and mirrors well done Paulie!
    Love the stance on that... and when it settles in its going to look even better.
    Carbon the front splitter and rear valance! those final little touches make all the difference. i wasnt a big fan of carbon until you wrapped your fog surrounds but seeing those mirrors
    how much did your friend charge you for them?? tell him there is lots of money to be made on that and he should start doing some for the guys here!
    Aww Ash, that's an amazing reply. Thank you . There were a few attempts to get the mirrors just right. These things are a nightmare to get just right with the weave as perfect as it is, but IIRC it cost me a little over £180 for them. I have told him often enough lately how well he would do making stuff for other peeps and he usually just raises his left eyebrow and smirks at me, lol. I will wear him down eventually, I'm sure.

Yeah on OE suspension I think BBS 18's look a little small because of the design of them but once you close the gap in the arch they look spot on
    Totally agree

6th Gear

Status

all you need now is some yellow lambo calipers like JonnyC's TTRS and then its perfect!
    Paullie likes this.
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post

all you need now is some yellow lambo calipers like JonnyC's TTRS and then its perfect!
    Hmm, that would look pretty sweet Paolo, lol. It would give the wheels more definition for sure. I can see me upgrading the brakes at some point anyway and would be better to do it right first time. Hmm, now you got me thinking, lol.

3rd Gear

Status
    Big brakes would look brilliant. I will be adding the K Sports to the Audi S3 page on our site soon. They will be the same price as the Astra VXR ones that are on there now. Excellent value.

Banana Menace!

Status
    Big brakes would look brilliant. I will be adding the K Sports to the Audi S3 page on our site soon. They will be the same price as the Astra VXR ones that are on there now. Excellent value.
    Thanks for that Graeme! The standard S3 brakes are pretty good, but already I'm feeling that they will be in need of upgrading at some point, especially after being used to Alcons 4 pots on my Astra. I know a lot of the VXR boys are happy with their K Sport BBK's, so it might be a possibility.

6th Gear

Status
    just to throw in my 2p'w worth when it comes to brakes

the VWRs im running (re-badged project mu) are staggering! half the weight of the S3's and can take an endless amount of punishment, with great pedal fell and no travel what so ever, they are now using a re-badged caparo set up which i have also heard fantastic things about, other offerings are AP and alcon applications, personally those are the only ones i would touch, steer very very clear of TTRS brakes, they are useless! RS4 (same as what lambo use) fronts are doable with some modification, but you will need a new master cylinder as well to accommodate the new piston ratios, the down side to them as well is they are very heavy

whatever you go for, make sure they are yellow!
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
    just to throw in my 2p'w worth when it comes to brakes

the VWRs im running (re-badged project mu) are staggering! half the weight of the S3's and can take an endless amount of punishment, with great pedal fell and no travel what so ever, they are now using a re-badged caparo set up which i have also heard fantastic things about, other offerings are AP and alcon applications, personally those are the only ones i would touch, steer very very clear of TTRS brakes, they are useless! RS4 (same as what lambo use) fronts are doable with some modification, but you will need a new master cylinder as well to accommodate the new piston ratios, the down side to them as well is they are very heavy

whatever you go for, make sure they are yellow!
    I have already looked at the VWRacing BBK ad it looks really impressive, Paolo. Weight will be a definite consideration and I'd heard that the TTRS ones are a no no, so like you say I'll be steering well clear of those. They could only be yellow really and I'm not adverse to having standard things painted, lol.

6th Gear

Status
    haha glad to hear your already on top of the game
    am sure before you take the plunge youll do plenty of research and glad to hear your happy to get stuff powder coated!

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Paulie....Your just going to have to get your mate to give us all instructions on how to do mirrors
    Just caught up with you pics you posted yesterday and have to say you have nailed it on the classy looks without being OTT I demand some picture from under the bonnet once your cover arrives strangly my new No Plate is **11 OTT.......And i havnt started on it yet
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Paulie....Your just going to have to get your mate to give us all instructions on how to do mirrors
    Just caught up with you pics you posted yesterday and have to say you have nailed it on the classy looks without being OTT I demand some picture from under the bonnet once your cover arrives strangly my new No Plate is **11 OTT.......And i havnt started on it yet
    Lol, thanks Paddy. That number plate of yours is class, ..BEAUTiFUUUUL new Ibis S3 attached to it too, simply stunning! x

Banana Menace!

Status
    As promised guys, here are a few pics of my Neuspeed carbon engine cover. Love how it looks and was very relieved to see it fit perfectly alongside my Forge Twintake. I also added a couple of badges, just to give it back an OEM touch and an R8 oil cap. Thanks to Graeme at GNJ Motorsport for getting me a great deal on the cover, ..cheers again dude!

I hope you like, folks!

warren_S3, FranA3 and MrWhItEwOlF like this.

4th Gear

Status
    bloody hell. it looks awesome but i would of left the red s badge.

other than that its so cool

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenlord View Post
    bloody hell. it looks awesome but i would of left the red s badge.

other than that its so cool
    Aww thank so much, Warren! I popped the red S badge on because the OEM cover has one on as well, but yeah, I too wondered if it would look better without, lol. The jury's still out on that one, but if it's to come off, it's a nice easy fix. Thanks again!

4th Gear

Status
    I want your car Paula!!!!
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

Status
    Beautiful Paullie...Glass bonnet next i think This thread of yours could end up costing me a fortune. I like the badge,

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by slade777 View Post
    I want your car Paula!!!!
    Aww, you're a sweetheart. Thank you, ..but you're not having it, lol! x

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Beautiful Paullie...Glass bonnet next i think This thread of yours could end up costing me a fortune. I like the badge,
    Lol, I love to help my fellow members lighten their wallets, Paddy. I'm really pleased you like it, though I can't see much room for improvement on that beauty you just got yourself!! I uploaded my Stage 2 Shark Performance remap today too and saw my fuel consumption rise from 25.9mpg to 37.4mpg and the car feels amazing, so couldn't be happier with the car at the moment. xx

Status
    What were your feelings about the warranty and adding the remap ? also was their a particular reason you went for Shark ?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast