AH FabricationsChris Nott
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: PaulieMB's Mellow Yellow Progress Thread

2nd Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=Paullie;1538995]Thanks very much, Batch and welcome to ASN! Enjoy your S3 when you get it, they are amazing cars! xx

Pleasure Paullie, it's a lovely car. The pics in the sunshine just reinforce how good an Imola 3 can look! Hope you don't mind me asking but how would I go about getting hold of a set of MTMs, are they easy to come by?

Thanks for the welcome too - I am a member on "another" VAG forum and you guys seem much more friendly and less pretentious. Looking forward to the banter!

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Not edition by any chance is it?

2nd Gear

Status
    Ahem...
    You might have to sort me some of those MTMs in a few months N8!

EDIT: Apologies Paullie for the hijack!
    Last edited by batch; 31st March 2012 at 18:41.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

You know where I am

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by batch View Post
    This looks stunning Paulie, absolutely fab. I'm finally picking my first Audi, an S3, up next week and if I do get new shoes MTMs are top of the list. What a car!
    Pleasure Paullie, it's a lovely car. The pics in the sunshine just reinforce how good an Imola 3 can look! Hope you don't mind me asking but how would I go about getting hold of a set of MTMs, are they easy to come by?

Thanks for the welcome too - I am a member on "another" VAG forum and you guys seem much more friendly and less pretentious. Looking forward to the banter!
    Ahem...
    You might have to sort me some of those MTMs in a few months N8!

EDIT: Apologies Paullie for the hijack!
    Lol, no probs, Dude! Glad you like the MTM's, I loved them from the first time I ever saw them on an S3. They do come up secondhand every so often, but you can buy them from a couple of places in the UK brand new (Niche Conversions and QST). They are around £1600 a set. If you get a set, you MUST get N8 to work his magic on them if they are in need of a colour change or a refurb. Mine were silver to start with and I can't begin to tell you how happy I am with the amazing work Nath and his team did on them, changing them to gloss anthracite with black MTM logos.

We are a nice friendly bunch over here. Looking forward to chatting with you some more and to seeing some piccies of your lovely new car!! xx
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post

stop laughing youll end up costing me lol

pm replied to
    Our N8's very good at helping us part with our cash, Paul! Think you'll find whatever you buy from him is worth every penny, ..and then some! xx

Reverse Gear

Status
    One word for this car, STUNNING !
    When's it for sale ?

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard-S3 View Post
    One word for this car, STUNNING !
    When's it for sale ?
    Thanks so much, Richard, that's a really lovely comment. I've still got lots of stuff I want to do to it yet, ..new custom R8 Brembo/AP Racing hybrid brakes, courtesy of DaveB, Forge catch can, Forge silicone hoses, Race Diagnostics gauge, APR fuel pump, new cam follower and suspension ready and waiting to go on, but fitting costs a fortune up here, so waiting until I can have it all done at once. Next on my list will be a new S5 steering wheel (from N8) and the interior will be getting some TLC, but not for a little while.

That's a pretty sweet looking Solar S3 you have there (my joint favourite colour!). Thanks again, Sweetie! xx

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paullie View Post
    Thanks so much, Richard, that's a really lovely comment. I've still got lots of stuff I want to do to it yet, ..new custom R8 Brembo/AP Racing hybrid brakes, courtesy of DaveB, Forge catch can, Forge silicone hoses, Race Diagnostics gauge, APR fuel pump, new cam follower and suspension ready and waiting to go on, but fitting costs a fortune up here, so waiting until I can have it all done at once. Next on my list will be a new S5 steering wheel (from N8) and the interior will be getting some TLC, but not for a little while.

That's a pretty sweet looking Solar S3 you have there (my joint favourite colour!). Thanks again, Sweetie! xx
    Where have you been looking for fitting, Paula? My brakes are sat at home (while I'm stuck in stupid London for another day) and I'm wanting to get them on asap to FINALLY test the wheels will clear. Plan was to go to Motorwerks - good rates and helpful guys, but they can be pretty busy sometimes and might want a back up if they can't do it.
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MartayMcFly View Post
    Where have you been looking for fitting, Paula? My brakes are sat at home (while I'm stuck in stupid London for another day) and I'm wanting to get them on asap to FINALLY test the wheels will clear. Plan was to go to Motorwerks - good rates and helpful guys, but they can be pretty busy sometimes and might want a back up if they can't do it.
    Ah, that's great you got your custom bits from Dave too, Martin! I don't think you'll have any probs with them fitting, ..fingers crossed for you and everything else too, lol. I was just going to let Jim and his team at Customdubz (at Unit 10, Blackburn Industrial Estate) do their thing. They aren't cheap - charged me 5 hours labour for fitting my ForgeTwintake last year, lol - but I think I would ask them for a quote next time, instead of just asking them to do the job then finding out later how much it costs. Hope you're not stuck in London any longer than need be, Bud. Can't wait to see your R8's on!! xx
    Last edited by Paullie; 26th April 2012 at 18:20.

1st Gear

Status
    paullie, disgusting.. thats all ill say! (*******!)

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    I've been watching this car progress from Day 1 and all I can say is Paullie......you are an inspiration to all on this forum. Attention to detail is amazing. Im always stunned and always slighly jealous at what comes next on your list of things to do. Congrats mate.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzion View Post
    paullie, disgusting.. thats all ill say! (*******!)

Haha, love you too, Pierre! Are you being cheeky because I seem to have caught your procrastination bug??? The weather's rubbish up here still, rained every day now for weeks, it seems. Will get it all fitted soon, I PROMISE! xx

PS This is my desktop pic, anyone recognise it, lol?? Have been reading your build thread over on VWGolf.net.au serious pimpin' Pepe!

Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    I've been watching this car progress from Day 1 and all I can say is Paullie......you are an inspiration to all on this forum. Attention to detail is amazing. Im always stunned and always slighly jealous at what comes next on your list of things to do. Congrats mate.
    Thanks very much for that, Mark. It really means a lot xx
    Last edited by Paullie; 27th April 2012 at 11:02.
    fuzion likes this.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    looking good lass hoping to see it in the flesh one day you ever considered coating the mtm letters with yellow or ghosting them with a yellow / grey flake

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

5 hours labour? Shame your not closer, I could have done the whole lot

5th Gear

Status
    Stunning car!

Gievf Buckets

Status
    next time youre needing work done to your car give me a shout and i will see to it that you dont get ripped off, youll have to come to forfar though so theres always a catch

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods

Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    next time youre needing work done to your car give me a shout and i will see to it that you dont get ripped off, youll have to come to forfar though so theres always a catch
    If Motorwerks can't do my brakes any time soon, mind if I take you up on that offer?
    Hunt is over

Gievf Buckets

Status
    just drop me a pm ill have a word with my old boy and pass you over to him

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

Banana Menace!

Status
    looking good lass hoping to see it in the flesh one day you ever considered coating the mtm letters with yellow or ghosting them with a yellow / grey flake
    Thanks Phil! Funnily that was my very first thought for the MTM logos, was going to do them in yellow, but then thought it might look 'cleaner' to do them in black and when the time came to sell them, I couldn't see many peeps wanting to buy wheels with yellow letters on them . Still think it would look sweet though, ..great minds xx

Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    5 hours labour? Shame your not closer, I could have done the whole lot
    Tell me about it, Hunny. Would be fab to be local to you, ..though I think it's probably best there is a bit of distance between us, ..you'd be full of ideas for me and I'd be permanently skint xx
    Quote Originally Posted by ~RS~ View Post
    Stunning car!

Cheers, Fella! I'm pleased you like it xx

Aww Phil, that's really fab. I will take you up on this for sure! Thank you, will deffo give you a shout xx

Gievf Buckets

Status
    maybe wothhwhile getting a "sample" of yellow wrap from any wrappers local and cutting it and applying it to one whel id imagine it will stay on fine and can easily be removed sale time

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Cancel back up, Dave's doing them tomorrow. Fingers crossed the wheels fit, or it'll be another few weeks of figuring out whether to sell the brakes or the wheels

Will get plenty of pics up once they're on, and maybe a few of the "during" phase too.
    Hunt is over

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MartayMcFly View Post
    Cancel back up, Dave's doing them tomorrow. Fingers crossed the wheels fit, or it'll be another few weeks of figuring out whether to sell the brakes or the wheels

Will get plenty of pics up once they're on, and maybe a few of the "during" phase too.
    Good stuff, Martin! Can't wait to see your new stoppers on, ..they'll fit I'm sure. xx

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Me & Nige couldn't be further away when he's in Italy, but we seem to have the skint effect on each other

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Me & Nige couldn't be further away when he's in Italy, but we seem to have the skint effect on each other
    Lol, it's only money Hunny, innit? It's for spending! xx
    N8 likes this.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    Funilly enough lad you two are denying my wallet too I'm getting back into Modding after helping you lads out haha but hell that's what the community is for now who wants to give me parts and take the cost out in trade ^^
    N8 likes this.

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

THE STIG!!

Status
    Mate that looks the business loving it keep it up

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TWO2TUF View Post
    Mate that looks the business loving it keep it up
    Cheers Matey, will do xx

1st Gear

Status
    Paullie - can you remember how much you paid for your gloss black pillar covers?

Been quoted over £80 for both which is a lot for two pieces of pretty plastic!
    A1 | 1.4 TFSI | S-Line | Misano Red

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    that's pretty much right price :P
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

5th Gear

Status
    spray them yourself lad no big job me thinks, easy to remove. get them a few coats will look spot on

When I grow up, I want a 964!

Status

My Social Networking

Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    I know this hasn't been updated in a while but just read through it all.

I'm now in love with a car!

1st Gear

Status
    Paulie, not sure if I read right, but I picked up that you had or had planned to install a Racediagnostics Liquid Gauge? Just wondering how that worked out for you?

Current: 2010 Audi S3 Sportback S-tronic
    Ex: 2007 Audi A3 Sportback - 2.0T DSG
    Ex: 2008 Opel Corsa OPC
    Ex: 2004 Opel Corsa Lite
    Ex: 1978 VW Beetle

Advanced In Car Technologies

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
    Paulie, not sure if I read right, but I picked up that you had or had planned to install a Racediagnostics Liquid Gauge? Just wondering how that worked out for you?
    Paulie isn't about as much as she usually is.

My friend has one on his TT and its pretty awesome! He bought the DIY kit for about £180 and cut up his air vent to install. Looks good and has some pretty good info on it! He's running Stage2+.

Tim - Project & Marketing Manager of Advanced In-Car Technologies LTD. An Audi Approved OEM / Retrofit Specialist Company. All views expressed are my own and bear no reflection on Advanced In Car Tech.

Audi A3 For Sale: 2011 Audi A3 1.8TFSI Black Edition. Low Mileage. Great Condition. Manuf Warranty
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/sale-wanted-audi-cars/219560-sale-2011-audi-a3-1-8tfsi-black-edition-low-mileage-great-condition-manuf-warranty.html

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser89 View Post
    Paulie isn't about as much as she usually is.

My friend has one on his TT and its pretty awesome! He bought the DIY kit for about £180 and cut up his air vent to install. Looks good and has some pretty good info on it! He's running Stage2+.
    Thanks man. Buddy of mine is running one in his pre-facelift S3 and it works very well. I had asked the seller to confirm that it'll work with my car (just in case) and initially he had some doubts, but just mailed me to say it should work.

Advanced In Car Technologies

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
    Thanks man. Buddy of mine is running one in his pre-facelift S3 and it works very well. I had asked the seller to confirm that it'll work with my car (just in case) and initially he had some doubts, but just mailed me to say it should work.
    No problems!!

If its an ebay job, send me a link might get one for my A3!

Tim - Project & Marketing Manager of Advanced In-Car Technologies LTD. An Audi Approved OEM / Retrofit Specialist Company. All views expressed are my own and bear no reflection on Advanced In Car Tech.

Audi A3 For Sale: 2011 Audi A3 1.8TFSI Black Edition. Low Mileage. Great Condition. Manuf Warranty
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/sale-wanted-audi-cars/219560-sale-2011-audi-a3-1-8tfsi-black-edition-low-mileage-great-condition-manuf-warranty.html

2nd Gear

Status
    I was looking at the P3 but this Racelogics looks to be more informative.
    The graphics are a little dated but overall, pretty good and considerably cheaper than the P3.

P.S. come back Paulie, we miss you!
    MY10 S3 Sportback - 6Sp Manual - Sprint Blue
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Forge Twintake / 3" Miltek Hybrid DP/​ Autotech HPFP
    Bilstein PSS10
    / H&R 10/12mm Spacers / BFI Dog Bone /EBC Yellowstuff

BUILD THREAD

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by poli84 View Post
    this ^
    Hunt is over

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by poli84 View Post
    I was looking at the P3 but this Racelogics looks to be more informative.
    The graphics are a little dated but overall, pretty good and considerably cheaper than the P3.

+1

I've been in contact with the P3 guys on the subject of bringing more of the available data onto the display (particularly requested values from the ECU for fuel/boost, air flow rates, per cylinder timing, etc), but they don't seem to keen on turning into what they describe as a diagnostic tool

They did however hint at a newer product in Q1 2013 for VAG cars that might be a little more informative so I've mailed them for specifics.

5th Gear

Status
    yeah Paullie i think you need to come back on here, lots of people miss you and your car