Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: PaulieMB's Mellow Yellow Progress Thread

Status
    N8, your game is tight lad, that wheel is gorgeous!
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Glad you like

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    This has to border on bullying or harrassment, but I whole-heartedly endorse it all! Do you get the new style wheels (fancy buttons) with the perforated sides that luke's RS6 has? That would be
    Paullie likes this.
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MartayMcFly View Post
    This has to border on bullying or harrassment, but I whole-heartedly endorse it all! Do you get the new style wheels (fancy buttons) with the perforated sides that luke's RS6 has? That would be
    Hehe, I'm sure N8's take on it would be his use of 'gentle, friendly persuasion', ..but hell yeah, his new wheel is without a doubt E P I C ! ! ! This sort of harrassment/bullying I can handle in large portions xx
    Last edited by Paullie; 12th March 2012 at 18:12.
    MartayMcFly likes this.
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

This one Mart, new RS4:

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post

I sold my RS6 wheel and as of saturday now rocking a 2012 S5 wheel

N
    EPIC!!!! I was gonna get a RS6 wheel until I saw this!!
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Another 1st by N8 thanks to NHN though

Banana Menace!

Status
    Another 1st by N8 thanks to NHN though
    The Audi modding dream team, ..N8 & NHN. Well done, guys! xx
    N8 and MartayMcFly like this.

Jen – Juicy Detailing

Status
    If it's anything like the TTRS steering wheel it feels so much better (I love a bit of girth in my hands lol), tbh that one thing I feel let's the S3 down is the wheel.....my list of things keeps getting longer lol
    Paullie likes this.

Authorised Sponsor of Audi-Sport.net with exclusive offers for members

2012 8P3 AKA The Green Goblin in Exclusive Java Green, Stage 1 Shark bite

Status
    That S5 wheel is mega, don't even want to ask how much!! Top job guys!

Which one you going for Paullie, S5, RS6, or new RS4???????!
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

3rd Gear

Status
    I don't even have a flat bottom wheel in my S3! I have a personal hatred of Carlisle Audi for speccing the car new as a demo WITH buckets but WITHOUT the FBMFSW. Why?

Can't wait to see the wheels on Paulie What are you thinking of doing with the suspension?

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy Jen View Post
    If it's anything like the TTRS steering wheel it feels so much better (I love a bit of girth in my hands lol), tbh that one thing I feel let's the S3 down is the wheel.....my list of things keeps getting longer lol
    It's thicker slightly than the RS6, feels EPIC! Although not felt properly, as car has no seats in atm

Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post

It wasn't cheap Warren, but my cheaper than the £1300 Audi want for wheel & bag, and mine was brand new as well

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post

OMG do I actually have ALL those to choose from, lol??? I'll take as long as it takes me to get my suspension sorted out to make my mind up and then I'll probably change it again!! xx

Dirty girl, lol! xx

Quote Originally Posted by GNJ_Motorsport View Post
    I don't even have a flat bottom wheel in my S3! I have a personal hatred of Carlisle Audi for speccing the car new as a demo WITH buckets but WITHOUT the FBMFSW. Why?

Can't wait to see the wheels on Paulie What are you thinking of doing with the suspension?
    That's really cr*p, Graeme. Can't understand why anyone would spec an S3 out like that! I'm going to be fitting the same Eibach Pro Kit springs as Warren (swapping out the H&R's I have ATM) along with some Koni FSD's and WALK. xx

Banana Menace!

Status
    It wasn't cheap Warren, but my cheaper than the £1300 Audi want for wheel & bag, and mine was brand new as well
    Deffo not cheap, but when you see the prices of some of the carbon fibre trimmed wheels on Ebay - without airbags - I don't think that's really too bad. Would my airbag fit these trick new wheels, N8 or would I need to buy that as well? xx

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

The one I bought came with a bag, I have a contact in Germany for new S5 or RS6 wheels, again when your ready, gimme a shout

Banana Menace!

Status
    The one I bought came with a bag, I have a contact in Germany for new S5 or RS6 wheels, again when your ready, gimme a shout
    Coolio Hunny, sure will! xx

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paullie View Post
    OMG do I actually have ALL those to choose from, lol??? I'll take as long as it takes me to get my suspension sorted out to make my mind up and then I'll probably change it again!! xx

Dirty girl, lol! xx

That's really cr*p, Graeme. Can't understand why anyone would spec an S3 out like that! I'm going to be fitting the same Eibach Pro Kit springs as Warren (swapping out the H&R's I have ATM) along with some Koni FSD's and WALK. xx
    how much it's going to cost that? maybe you can source some nice coilies for that money (new or 2nd hand). i was lucky and i got bunch of stuff that i was going to buy sooner or later from my friend who was putting his car back to stock for sale. just my opinion (and nice way to save money for more new things :D)
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Coilovers really are the way forward Paulie, tailored ride comfort and ride height, win win

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    how much it's going to cost that? maybe you can source some nice coilies for that money (new or 2nd hand). i was lucky and i got bunch of stuff that i was going to buy sooner or later from my friend who was putting his car back to stock for sale. just my opinion (and nice way to save money for more new things :D)
    I know Dude, the thing is that I have a spinal injury which means I need the ride comfort to be as forgiving as possible. TBH it won't cost me as much as you think. If I was to fit KW Street Comfort (probably the most comfy coilover set up available for our cars) it would cost me £882, but a set of Eibach Pro Kit springs will be £120 delivered, Koni FSD's £480 and my WALK I already bought for £150, so the total comes to £750 and I will have a very acceptable comfort of ride. I will also have a set of 8 month old H&R springs with less than 2K miles on them, which I could probably get £90-£100 for, when I sell them. Like you I always try to pick up good quality parts with hardly any use if I can, but unfortunately not many people have Koni FSD's on their car. The chances of picking up a set of secondhand ones will be pretty slim. I have secured a deal to sell my BBS CK's this week to a lovely local member, so that will pay for my suspension set up, lol. xx

Banana Menace!

Status
    Coilovers really are the way forward Paulie, tailored ride comfort and ride height, win win
    I know N8, but because of my spinal problem, I need things to be as comfy as I can possibly have it. I do like the sound of the KW Street Comforts, ..I know they don't lower by as much as most sets of coilovers, but they would give me the comfort of ride that I need. I honestly can't see me changing the ride height EVER, so they would be left at one height and that would be it. I spoke to another member about KW V2's (as those were the other coilies I was considering)and he said couldn't live with the ride they offered him (and he didn't have a bad back). xx

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    sorry I forgot about that.
    but I see that you've planned it all :D
    keep up with good work :D
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    sorry I forgot about that.
    but I see that you've planned it all :D
    keep up with good work :D
    No probs, S. Thanks very much xx

Banana Menace!

Status
    Well, that's the first 2 wheels been given 3 coats of Collinite 476 and 2 coats of Jetseal 109 this avo, as well as Bimoto badges reapplied. Have to say, the job our N8 has done on these MTM's is WAY beyond my highest and wildest expectations. The finish looks uber wet and glossy and now they've been waxed and sealed, they look even glossier - if that's at all possible - lol. THANK YOU N8!!! They'll be on by the end of this week if it kills me, lol. The pics N8 posted of them were great, but they really don't do these beauties justice. He has truly done me proud and I couldn't be happier with them. xx
    N8 likes this.

Jen – Juicy Detailing

Status
    Dirty girl, lol! xx
    Dirty by name, dirty by nature lol

Authorised Sponsor of Audi-Sport.net with exclusive offers for members

2012 8P3 AKA The Green Goblin in Exclusive Java Green, Stage 1 Shark bite

6th Gear

Status
    Reading this thread is a double edged sword. You see nice things. Then you want nice things! Lol

Eager to see updates pics when it all goes together Paullie!
    Coss

S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap

3rd Gear

Status
    I know Dude, the thing is that I have a spinal injury which means I need the ride comfort to be as forgiving as possible. xx
    H&R street performance will fit your bill and be comfortable for your back. BTW, what is the name of your spinal injury if I may ask? Did you have surgery? Spinal injury or vertebral injury? Radiculopathy? Spondylolithesis? Inquiring mind wants to know. NVM it's none of my business
    Last edited by tcardio; 14th March 2012 at 00:44.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

No worries Paula, your a lovely lady, and an asset to this forum, look forward to seeing them on

Banana Menace!

Status
    Dirty by name, dirty by nature lol
    Well you gotta do something to offset all the squeaky clean stuff you do at work, I suppose Jen, lol. xx

Quote Originally Posted by lil_coz View Post
    Reading this thread is a double edged sword. You see nice things. Then you want nice things! Lol

Eager to see updates pics when it all goes together Paullie!
    Aww thank you, Sweetie. Will hopefully get the wheels on either tomorrow or Friday and of course will get piccies up as soon as. xx

Quote Originally Posted by tcardio View Post
    H&R street performance will fit your bill and be comfortable for your back. BTW, what is the name of your spinal injury if I may ask? Did you have surgery? Spinal injury or vertebral injury? Radiculopathy? Spondylolithesis? Inquiring mind wants to know. NVM it's none of my business
    No probs, lol, ..I had a mountain biking accident a few years back and cracked my pelvis, but the docs also thought I just had some soft tissue damage that was causing pain in my lower back, but after 3 years of worsening pain and hardly any sleep during that time lol, they finally gave me an MRI scan and less than a week afterwards I had surgery for a ruptured disc at L5/S1 level. The neurosurgeon said he would never consider any more surgery for me due to the 'mess' he told me my back is in and complications I've had since the last op and the build up of scar tissue on and surrounding my sciatic nerve. A week after my surgery I was told to attend physio at my local hospital, which I happily did, but the physio didn't realise I had had an operation only 7 days before and she put me on a rowing machine, ..the results of that weren't pretty, lol! I shouldn't have been doing anything like that for at least 6-8 weeks after surgery. The main diagnosis is radiculopathy, which is literally a PITA, but I wear my Butrans 'pain patches', pop my sleeping pills, do pilates every day and try my best to stay cheery as there are lots of people much, much worse off than I am. xx

No worries Paula, your a lovely lady, and an asset to this forum, look forward to seeing them on
    You are a wee hunny, N8, lol! Hey, you know your yummy new steering wheel? Was it a straightforward swap from your RS6 one or did Nige have to do lots of new wiring and stuff? The reason I ask is that the custom shop I get my bits done at say they can do virtually anything modding-wise, but I know they wouldn't be able to do a fraction of the complicated electronic stuff Nige does in order to get things up and running, ..you know, if I was to buy myself a nice new wheel at some point in the future, lol Thanks N8! xx

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

If you buy an S5 wheel from me dear, it will come ready to fit in your car

Banana Menace!

Status
    If you buy an S5 wheel from me dear, it will come ready to fit in your car
    That sounds by far the best and much safest idea, N8. I would not consider buying from anyone else xx

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

No worries, looking forward to seeing the MTMs on yours, gonna look great, yours & Ians are the best S3s on the forum by a mile.

Banana Menace!

Status
    No worries, looking forward to seeing the MTMs on yours, gonna look great, yours & Ians are the best S3s on the forum by a mile.
    Aww Hunny you're far too kind, there are lots of absolutely cracking S3's on here, but one thing I do know for sure is that your car is far and away the best 8P EVER, taking in all the A3's and S3's, both on the forum and off it! WORD! xx

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I'm slowly getting there

Banana Menace!

Status
    I'm slowly getting there
    You're funny, Hunny, ..you got there a long time ago and have been setting the bar higher and higher ever since! xx
    MartayMcFly likes this.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Car is booked in for the bodyshop in April, thats when the magic happens

Banana Menace!

Status
    Car is booked in for the bodyshop in April, thats when the magic happens
    Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve, this time, Nath! xx

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

This is the most important mod of all I'll do a thread to follow

Banana Menace!

Status
    Nice one, Hunny, ..looking forward to it! xx

4th Gear

Status
    Agree!!!
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

Banana Menace!

Status
    Aww Lance, thank you. xx