Help changing drivers seat cover

gdbarratt

A3 Sportback 2.0 T FSi
Reaction score
I have recently bought a 2.0TFSi Sport 5dr (2005), the drivers seat bolster has started to wear and I would like to change the seat cover.

Has anyone done this?
How easy is it?

I have heard that you can use a passenger seat one from a scrapped vehicle and this will fit the drivers side?

I am also having a problem with part codes, in the FAQ section I found the below but on searching this brings nothing but the FAQ section up again.

8P0 061,604,469 - front seats (sport) - 173.00

Anybody got any idea what the code would be for the Matrix cloth interior (Black/Dark Grey) on a 2005 Sport?
I have found lots of Audi geniune seat covers on ebay for good prices but can not work out which to buy.
I found a label on the seat base cover and this stated - VS SP MATRIX S/G AB2 3033 222 00H 1

Thanks in advance from a newbie.

Did you ever find hte answer to this as i am looking to do the exact same ething

It's the hardest thing I have ever done and as long as I live I will never change a sear cover. Bits of wire you have to hook them and then they bend an it becomes a nightmare. By all means try it though. I would sooner replace the complete interior.

Its not nice but not that bad,i have done about 4 at work,its harder when they are heated if yours are because you have to more careful taking the covers on and off,and you need the seat on something to work on at a decent height,i think i would have cried trying to do this on the floor

I got the code off a helpful ebay who stocks lots of Audi parts and the covers are definately sided so you have to get the correct side.
I decided to put this on the backburner as a friend of mine has a 2008 model with 30k less miles on and his seat looks the same so it looks like the side bolster detiriates quite quickly.

I have managed so far to -
Refurb my alloys.
New Stereo arrives tomorrow and some JL Audio Speakers for the front - finally get to access my MP3 collection.

Next on the list -
DLR & Update rear lights.
LED Interior lights.
And then either change the interior for a part leather S-Line or change the drivers seat cover.

Better get saving!