What number plate bulbs on hatchback?

afcjay

Reaction score
want to oder some brighter number plate lights,just wondered if anyone could tell me what bulbs they are? are they 501/w5w?

How are you gonna get brighter ones? If they are higher wattage they will get hotter and probably melt the housing. If you get LED ones you will get bulb out message on your DIS. Do a search on here as it's been discussed loads.

The bulbs are w5w type I think...

get some led's mate ive got them and not had a single problem with them not one bulb out warning , but as scott said there is loads of threads on this

was looking at philips blue vision bulbs.will these cause problems?

i replaced my headlight and sidelight bulbs and all seems to be fine?

get some led's mate ive got them and not had a single problem with them not one bulb out warning , but as scott said there is loads of threads on this

i did search for number plate bulb size but couldnt find anything are they w5w as scott said

am i risking melting things with the philips blue vision bulbs?

i think what i should have said in the original post was whiter rather than brighter? eg same wattage but a whiter light but would rather go with halogen bulbs than leds to be honest

fair enough mate there are some good quality normal bulbs out there the philips bulbs should be fine mate

Frana3 can you post the link where you bought ur led? thx