front top mounts

FranA3

FMDETAILING
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
alright people after a bit of advice im sure ive got a front top mount gone but just wanted to check first , what im having is a creaking from the front( drivers side) no real noise when driving but when at like 15mph and below its creaking i jacked the front up and there is alot of movement in that side strut compaired to the other side the top mounts were not there best i think when i fitted my coilovers lol , anyone got any idea how much they cost per side (as i might as well do both at the same time) from audi/tps as i want to get it sorted soon as its making the car not very nice to drive at the mo

Get them from Euro car parts and use the code thats 30% off on here bud (search euro car parts code )

there way cheaper than TPS /Audi

Dont know where you take your fran, but i take my audi to AVS in grangetown, (Audi VwServies), couldnt recommend any better and only charges 30 an hour!

hmm thats not to bad mate , i usually do the work myself its cheaper that way i only pay the garages to do work when i cant do it myself , im nearly 100% sure its the top mount that has gone as it didnt look too good when i fitted my coilovers but thought it would be ok , obviously not eh lol

if there is alot of play at the top i would deffo say top mount.

have you checked its tightened up properley and seated correctly if so sounds like they need replacing.If one has gone,the other wont be far behind and is best to replace in pairs anyway

yeah i jacked up the front and you can litterly move the whole thing quite a bit so im really sure it has gone lol , but before i buy one i'll get the car into my mates garage to check everything out first to make sure its not just some thing loose , but yeah i was thinking that myself mate to buy in pairs anyway might as well while im there at least then i know that they are ok for a minute eh haha

To save me starting a new thread. I got a quick question two mates with an 8L and MK4 Golf got new top mounts and the top mounts lowered the front an extra 10mm. Does any one know where i can get some for the 8P? Only been able to find ones for the 8L and different cars. Cheers

Reactions: tdi-man
To save me starting a new thread. I got a quick question two mates with an 8L and MK4 Golf got new top mounts and the top mounts lowered the front an extra 10mm. Does any one know where i can get some for the 8P? Only been able to find ones for the 8L and different cars. Cheers
prob after market for sure ash have you googled it mate to see if anything comes up on it

Me and Ash were talking about this the other day... when i seen this thread i was going to ask the same question..

i guess you found out like i said ash a fair few cars have been able to fit lowered top mounts...

would be ideal if we could find some

any ideas anyone

prob after market for sure ash have you googled it mate to see if anything comes up on it

Googled fella nothing for the 8P :(

Me and Ash were talking about this the other day... when i seen this thread i was going to ask the same question..

i guess you found out like i said ash a fair few cars have been able to fit lowered top mounts...

would be ideal if we could find some

any ideas anyone

Yes fella

Cheers for your helo the other day:thumbsup:
After i spoke to you gave a mate a call and meet up with him and few of the other lads later on in the day.
One has supersport Poly top mount cost him £55 and the other one on the 8L has Eibach paid £108 both dropped extra 10mm at the front.
Done a bit of searching and seems to be quite popular with the Leons, Ibiza, Golfs and Polos. Quite a few forums came up but nothing to do with the 8P. Pm'd Damien @ DPM and he didnt know where they were sold and only had them for the 8Ls

Last edited:
Nice one ash!

Well now we know 8Ls have them so someone must/might make some if there is none on the Market. I'll try find some info put myself and let you know if I find much out. Would be such a easy mod for 10mm more.