AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Audi s3 2007 two bigger turbos?

Hi I'm new on this forum. Was wondering if I can replace the turbos in my s3 with bigger turbos? It's currenty running at 310bhp. It was Madalex's first Audi s3 in black. Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    I think there's still plenty more power to be had before you need to go hybrid or bigger turbo.

5th Gear

Status
    Yes you can replace it with A bigger turbo, ie just ONE!

Garrett GT28** and GT30** series are the most popular turbo upgrades. Depends what power you want and whether your willing to have your internals upgraded. Goes without saying intake, TBE, FMIC, clutch, fuel pump/s will also need fitting/upgrading as well as injectors for RS4 ones.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Minstadave View Post
    I think there's still plenty more power to be had before you need to go hybrid or bigger turbo.
    Hi what do you mean by this dave?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3TOY View Post
    Hi what do you mean by this dave?
    have a look at my sig and this what my S3 is running on stock turbo and only on stage 2
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

3rd Gear

Status
    As above, intake, exhaust and high pressure fuel pump with stage 2 map will be a much bigger improvement, you can opt for a bigger turbo but it's a big cost to take on
    STUFF FOR SALE: DLS R6 Midbass drivers, MFSW 3 spoke and Pioneer P88RS II
    STUFF FOR SWAPS:
    3 door A3 8P custom doorbuilds

please contact for more info

6th Gear

Status
    Isn't there just one turbo on S3s? If not, I think I lost a turbo somewhere
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

1st Gear

Status
    Yep just one? were sold it as a twin turbo or something?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hmm.. I stage 2 sounds good. How much would this cost me?

1st Gear

Status
    rough estimate
    tbe 1200
    fmic 600
    hpfp 350
    clutch kit 850-1000
    cai 300-380
    map 250-650
    rough figures for you mind you may not need the fmic till you go big turbo
    2008 imola s3 Gone
    2012 Daytona Grey RS3

Reverse Gear

Status
    pretty pricey but iguess its worth it. thanks guys

6th Gear

Status
    Basically, big turbo is quite far down the road in terms of modifying S3s. Remap will take you past 300bhp, any more than that and you'll start having clutch issues (I know, it's the torque more than the bhp but it's a good guideline). Exhaust and intake will open up stage 2 maps, then you'll need a high-pressure fuel pump upgrade (just uprated internals into the existing pump is easiest way) and possibly FMIC for stage 2+, though that was more an 8L issue than 8P. Once that's all out of the way, you should be comfortably past 350bhp and starting to look at big turbo alternatives.

Remember to sort the suspension and brakes along the way too - understeer is quite drastic even with standard power, and the brakes will start to fade quite quickly once you get used to the extra power (or so I've heard). And insurance will probably try to take your house once you start seeing >25% gains (the reason my stage 2 is currently on hold).
    Hunt is over

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MartayMcFly View Post
    Basically, big turbo is quite far down the road in terms of modifying S3s. Remap will take you past 300bhp, any more than that and you'll start having clutch issues (I know, it's the torque more than the bhp but it's a good guideline). Exhaust and intake will open up stage 2 maps, then you'll need a high-pressure fuel pump upgrade (just uprated internals into the existing pump is easiest way) and possibly FMIC for stage 2+, though that was more an 8L issue than 8P. Once that's all out of the way, you should be comfortably past 350bhp and starting to look at big turbo alternatives.

Remember to sort the suspension and brakes along the way too - understeer is quite drastic even with standard power, and the brakes will start to fade quite quickly once you get used to the extra power (or so I've heard). And insurance will probably try to take your house once you start seeing >25% gains (the reason my stage 2 is currently on hold).

Thanks mate... it seems as a massive headache to me remapping to stage 2.. Currently pushing out 310bhp thats pretty quick as it is.. im gonna look more into a stage 2 remap and hopefully get it done(gotta start filling the piggy bank first lol)

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3TOY View Post
    Thanks mate... it seems as a massive headache to me remapping to stage 2.. Currently pushing out 310bhp thats pretty quick as it is.. im gonna look more into a stage 2 remap and hopefully get it done(gotta start filling the piggy bank first lol)
    You should take a look through all of the threads here and at VAGOC on Stg2 remaps and above,before parting with any money.

It's easy enough to get 330bhp,without spending too much,but once you get to 360bhp,you will have spent quite a bit,and as has been said,you will be getting to the point of needing your brakes,suspension and a few other bits attending to.

If you added up all of yuan's estimates,Stg2+ will take you around 360bhp,but will cost about £3500-4000,and if you wanted more,you can double that,as a big turbo kit will easily cost that,AND,you would have to add in brakes and suspension if you hadn't already,or it won't stop or handle properly.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    As Alex said as well as going big turbo, you need to uprate everything else so it can handle it.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    As Alex said as well as going big turbo, you need to uprate everything else so it can handle it.
    Thanks N8....I should also have said that the brakes and suspension will add a good bit more....

Brake kit....anywhere from £1800 up

Suspension.....easily £1200 and up

Haldex controller....£700 or so

As you say,if you upgrade the power,you need to uprate everything else,or you end up with something that goes in straight lines but doesn't stop or go round corners....

Interior Next!!

Status
    yes i got to Stage 2+ also with stock brakes and only lowering springs and the handling needed urgent attention. i have since added Arbs (circa£400) and brakes (Circa£1800) as alex said. I also feel i need coilovers to be honest. Its a Domino Effect.. Everytime you do something, something else needs upgrading to accomodate it
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Thanks N8....I should also have said that the brakes and suspension will add a good bit more....

Brake kit....anywhere from £1800 up

Suspension.....easily £1200 and up

Haldex controller....£700 or so

As you say,if you upgrade the power,you need to uprate everything else,or you end up with something that goes in straight lines but doesn't stop or go round corners....
    No worries Alex! I still want to experience a BT S3, regardless of the software

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

6th Gear

Status
    Once you get up to BT on an S3, you'd have probably been better off just getting an RS4 instead. Even getting everything sorted for a Stage 2+ is going to make the price gap painfully small.
    Hunt is over

Rarely neutral

Status
    No worries Alex! I still want to experience a BT S3, regardless of the software
    Come on down to the next AMD open day,or maybe Inters next year....there should be a few around!

Rarely neutral

Status
    Once you get up to BT on an S3, you'd have probably been better off just getting an RS4 instead. Even getting everything sorted for a Stage 2+ is going to make the price gap painfully small.
    Price gap maybe...but performance gap....that's another matter.

The RS4 will just about make 255bhp/tonne...a BT S3 will begin well above that!

Joking aside,of course it comes down to what you want,plus the law of diminishing returns,but personally,I didn't want something the size of an RS4 again,and it's fuel economy is like any other big V8...poor.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Come on down to the next AMD open day,or maybe Inters next year....there should be a few around!
    I went out in Martin's track spec 650bhp RS4 @ Inters, did 60 in 3.5s that was enough for me. Also drove my friends 600bhp track Norris Designs Evo last weekend! That was also out of this world

Rarely neutral

Status
    I went out in Martin's track spec 650bhp RS4 @ Inters, did 60 in 3.5s that was enough for me. Also drove my friends 600bhp track Norris Designs Evo last weekend! That was also out of this world
    The TT-RS boys were getting down into the 3.2s mark on around 500bhp,and the RS4 was in pretty much the same region.

For me,knowing what sort of time mine should make is fine,as I'm never really going to want to fry the clutch or whatever,and I know some of the mechanical fallout from that event,but what I do want,is something that goes well on the road,and has bags of midrange torque and power.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Yeh of course, I just went out/drove them. I agree - I am looking forward to owning a big bhp vag with all the trimmings in the future.

Rarely neutral

Status
    Yeh of course, I just went out/drove them. I agree - I am looking forward to owning a big bhp vag with all the trimmings in the future.
    If you ever need any help or whatever,there's a lot of them over on the other forum,and I'd certainly recommend AMDEssex,although I know you may have trouble with the software!

The guys over there have been a goldmine of information...

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    I love the fact your gonna have to save for stage 2, what did you think 2 BT turbos were going to cost on an S3
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    I love the fact your gonna have to save for stage 2, what did you think 2 BT turbos were going to cost on an S3
    No need.....just need one of these....

TurboByGarrett.com - Catalog

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    yarp yarp, lavely yarp

can you fit it for £300 cash?
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

5th Gear

Status
    Not really as a Stage+ S3's power: weight ratio is pretty much the same as an RS4's if not slightly better, if the S3 is making around 365 @ the fly. And apparently many RS4s were down 20-25 bhp from the factory quoted figures on many occasions.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by akash_sky1 View Post
    Not really as a Stage+ S3's power: weight ratio is pretty much the same as an RS4's if not slightly better, if the S3 is making around 365 @ the fly. And apparently many RS4s were down 20-25 bhp from the factory quoted figures on many occasions.
    I didn't really think about the RS4's extra weight... I just want that V8 so bad, and they're gorgeous! This isn't helping my decision to leave Stage 2+ for a while and get the suspension sorted first (and 19"s) either...
    Hunt is over

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

If you ever need any help or whatever,there's a lot of them over on the other forum,and I'd certainly recommend AMDEssex,although I know you may have trouble with the software!

The guys over there have been a goldmine of information...
    Ben Williamson from AVP did my cousins rebuild - I'd use him again and of corse Shark for the mapping! Will be good although a few ears off yet

Status
    Ben Williamson from AVP did my cousins rebuild - I'd use him again and of corse Shark for the mapping! Will be good although a few ears off yet
    Ben now works at Revo Svc Ctr, so he may try and tempt you towards the dark side if there is a next time and you're needing a map!
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

events moderator

Status
    i bet that was awesome n8 the rs and the evo a few years back i drove a 450bhp evo tommy mack edition and that was epic 0-60 really pushed me into the seat was impressed with it
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warrencox View Post
    Ben now works at Revo Svc Ctr, so he may try and tempt you towards the dark side if there is a next time and you're needing a map!
    Ben is no longer working for revo he is working back up at burton for his self

REVO stage 2+ , dbilias cai , apr pump, milltek tbe special h&r springs , h&r arb's

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Correct Ben got sacked and he'd never sway me warren! I've been in Revo and been in shark