Xenon lights from 8P1 to replace Halogens in 8P1

munchkincoupe

Reaction score
I've been offered a set of Xenon headlights from an 8P1 to go in my 8P1 with Halogens
- how easy is this to change over?
- do I need to get the wiring from the other car too?
- it doesn't appear to have light washers in the pics is this right?

Thanks for your help

factory xenons will have holes in bumper and you would need the wiring too for the auto height adjustment. don't have a clue on fitting though

There are a few things you need to consider, firstly you need to check if you have a highline ce module so that the car would accept xenon. This can be done by scanning he car with VCDS. Second What xenons are the, standard xenon or bi-xenon? More work is involved with bi-xenon. Thirdly headlight washers and auto levelers are a legal requirement, but the xenon can still be installed without these. I had headlight washers on mine from factory so I didn't need to retrofit it but have not yet done the auto levelers.
Maybe find out the part number and we can go from there

There are a few things you need to consider, firstly you need to check if you have a highline ce module so that the car would accept xenon. This can be done by scanning he car with VCDS. Second What xenons are the, standard xenon or bi-xenon? More work is involved with bi-xenon. Thirdly headlight washers and auto levelers are a legal requirement, but the xenon can still be installed without these. I had headlight washers on mine from factory so I didn't need to retrofit it but have not yet done the auto levelers.
Maybe find out the part number and we can go from there

They are from a split grille model 8P1 so they should be standard Xenon (not bi-xenon). I thought they should have washers too so maybe they are aftermarkets?

they are not even xenon's mate , xenon's have projector headlights they look like the standard headlights to me

My guess is he has fitted a conversion set of Xenon bulbs to std headlights.

My guess is he has fitted a conversion set of Xenon bulbs to std headlights.
yeah that would make sense paddy so how long till the wiper motor dies then eh mine lasted 6 months before having a bad day lol

Reactions: paddy