AH FabricationsChris Nott

Thread: Annoyin noises

Neutral

Status

Annoyin noises

does anyone know how easy it is to remove the passanger door panel there must be something loose in there its driving me nuts rolling about in there or do you reacon it'll be easyier going to the dealer also i dont know if this has already been said but has anyone noticed an knocking rattleing noise from the back sounds like its coming from the suspension!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Re: Annoyin noises

[ QUOTE ]
    also i dont know if this has already been said but has anyone noticed an knocking rattleing noise from the back sounds like its coming from the suspension!!

[/ QUOTE ]

dealer. Search the forum if you need more info.

1st Gear

Status

Sorry that didn't come out right! I was saying that unfortunately this is a fairly common complaint. It has not happened to me (yet) but has cropped up on this forum a number of times. Essentially it is a rear suspension issue that will be rectified by your dealer. Search the forum if you need more info.

Neutral

Status

ahh thought id seen it come up just didnt search cheers for the info

1st Gear

Status

1400 miles in new s/back and my dirivers door window has begun to rattle like hell - list price on this car is 23500 - What is it with Audi? Last A4 Avant had squeaky front suspension since new. Maybe it's time to look at different manufacturer. Think my next car could be something like a Honda s2000! Is Mr. Dirk Teknik listening???

Freezing in Moscow

Status

We must be lucky. Just about everyone in my family has an Audi of some sort or another and so far as I can tell no one's had any cars with problems.

Isn't it pretty rare to have cars with absolutely no faults?

Neutral

Status

i also noticed my passanger window wont go back up i can put it up and down from the drivers side but only down from the passangers side whats happening!!! is there something wrong with it or does it do that and ive never noticed till now seems strange anyone else had this problem?

Freezing in Moscow

Status

Welcome to the wonderful world of what it is like to have a Renault. My girlfriend has a Clio and the whims of its electric windows are totally capricious. The dealer recommended leaning on the panel while pressing the button. Apparently fixing it properly isn't worthwhile because it will just go again (and again and again).

I could list all that car's gremlins but it would take too long and I'd die of boredom half way through.

Generally I would argue that Audis may not be perfect but they're not half bad compared with many makes (esp a certain other southern German motor manufacturer).

Lord of War

Status

you think that's bad!!

A friend of mine was driving his Alfa down the motorwary and all of a sudden the eletric seat adjuster started moving the seat forward. Didn't stop till his nose was almost on the windscreen [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

cars with there own mind!!
    well im taking mine into the garage on friday hopefully they'll sort everything its annoying to buy something new to have these little problems

2nd Gear

Status

Hi all

I had a rolling ball bearing noise coming from the rear on the drivers side of my A3 3.2 when turning slowly - something akin to a ball bearing in a paint aerosol can before being shaken to stir it up properly.

Rear interior quarter panel removal and search didn't do the trick but almost made the technician sick whilst I was trying to demonstrate it. Second time around, they found "a variety of screws and washers etc under the rear carpet". Apparently not linked to the build of my car so they were removed and not had a problem since. Something so basic not being picked up by the carpet fitter at the factory really annoys me.

Fab car to drive, but the number of problems I have had so far in six months makes me wonder about buying another.

Rob

Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status

RobB

Sorry to hear.

Reassuring though that even the Germans end up with left over screws when building something in kit form [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

i wonder if thats the same with my car? im sure its coming from the passangers door tho but mine sounds the same like a metal ball rolling around ow well we'll see i guess [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]