AH FabricationsBadger5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Farhan

Thread: Audi A3 Handsfree - iPhone 4

Neutral

Status

Audi A3 Handsfree - iPhone 4

Alright Chaps,

First post on here after my much awaited purchase of an Audi A3 TDI Sport 1.9. I have a factory installed handsfree but it's on the dash rather than in the armrest. Question is there a iPhone 4 adapter available?

I'll post a picture tomorrow morning..............
    Last edited by spaceman86; 7th July 2011 at 19:18.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Last time I checked there wasn't an iPhone cradle.
    You should still be able to connect to it via bluetooth though.

5th Gear

Status
    Yep there is i have one

Its quite useful boosts the reception and you can set up voice dialing etc. Quite handy if you have tom tom on your iphone aswell as it will keep it docked and charged. I only really bought it to make use of the dash phone holder.

Heres a snap of mine

Really handy as you just press the side buttons to release it aswell so can be removed everyday just for safety.
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

4th Gear

Status
    According to a TT forum member, the iPhone 4 kinda fits in the 3G cradle.

Quote"It works, just test it, less easy to fit but still working"
    2006 A3 3.2 DSG
    Quattro S-Line
    Phantom black pearl
    V Maxx plus coilovers
    Speedlines- anthricite
    MY11 rear lights
    MK2 TT Vents
    Various LED's
    MK2 RNSE
    LaminX on fogs

For Sale Genuine Audi phone cradle (iPhone 4S/4)

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Last time I was at the dealers they said not to hold my breath for an iphone4 cradle. Although thinking about it, it was about a year ago! lol.

How much did you get it for mate?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhan View Post
    Yep there is i have one

Its quite useful boosts the reception and you can set up voice dialing etc. Quite handy if you have tom tom on your iphone aswell as it will keep it docked and charged. I only really bought it to make use of the dash phone holder.

Really handy as you just press the side buttons to release it aswell so can be removed everyday just for safety.
    Do u happen to have a part number?
    2006 A3 3.2 DSG
    Quattro S-Line
    Phantom black pearl
    V Maxx plus coilovers
    Speedlines- anthricite
    MY11 rear lights
    MK2 TT Vents
    Various LED's
    MK2 RNSE
    LaminX on fogs

For Sale Genuine Audi phone cradle (iPhone 4S/4)

5th Gear

Status
    AHHH let me run downstairs and find the box!
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

5th Gear

Status
    Ok basically the box doesnt have a part number but from what i remember when i went into audi to buy it i just asked for the iphone4 cradle. I said i have the dash board prep but it didnt make a difference if the phone prep was in the glovebox or on the dash its the same cradle.

Just found this browsing the net, few audi parts departments list it on there websites

heres the part number: 8T0 051 435 F

Y.N.W.A.

Status
    farhan, you have two Mac's lol

thants actually a pretty handy little mod there...like it and will list this down on the shopping list. was it cheap?

5th Gear

Status
    LOL i have an ipad 2 aswell :-)

It was around 110 for the cradle but it can be bought online between 90-110ish
    55_UK likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Cheers mate you are a life saver! Can you connect a Iphone without the cradle as well?

Yep there is i have one

Heres a snap of mine

5th Gear

Status
    yep you can, search for bluetooth devices and enter the code 0000 when audi unit is found

Neutral

Status
    Cheers mate. What's your 1.8TFSI like to drive? I was going to get a 2.0T but daily motorway driving = TDI route

yep you can, search for bluetooth devices and enter the code 0000 when audi unit is found

5th Gear

Status
    Its not bad tbh mate, Its pretty nippy and has a very broad torque band. Iv been impressed, i was looking at the 170TDI but this engine interested me because of the slightly cheaper insurance and the fact that its a sister engine to the newer 2.0TFSI units.

Its running the same turbo as the Golf MK6 Gtis so there is alot of room for improvement power wise.

1st Gear

Status
    I bought mine here: Audi iPhone 4 Bluetooth Cradle *Exclusive* | eBay UK

It works great :-)

"Started From The Bottom"

Status

Nothing can beat an TomTom Iphone Cradle ...this is..My Opinion.....

Check out the benefits ...

Enhance Safety
    Secure Docking
    Our specially designed award-winning EasyPort™ mount fixes your iPhone securely to your windscreen or dashboard.

Hands-free calling
    Receive calls without taking your eyes off the road, with the built-in speaker you can hear loud and clear. And thanks to the extra-sensitive microphone you can speak freely while keeping your hands on the wheel.

Reduce driver stress
    Clear, spoken turn-by-turn instructions
    With the built-in speaker you'll hear every voice instruction loud and clear.

Volume control
    Easily adjust the volume to your liking with the dedicated volume control, always within reach

Smart Extras
    Enhanced GPS performance
    The built-in GPS receiver enhances the GPS signal, especially in areas where GPS reception is limited i.e. high rises

Rotates for optimal positioning
    Rotate the screen for exceptional widescreen route display. And it folds flat, so moving it from car to car is easy and simple too.

Charge while you drive
    While you are driving your iPhone stays charged.

Line out for music playback
    AUX out connector to car audio system - requires compatible car audio system

MPG the new BPH

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceman86 View Post
    Cheers mate you are a life saver! Can you connect a Iphone without the cradle as well?
    my new a3 has a verry simiral ( may be the same kit on my 58 plate) the brand begins with a "B" i think it has three little dots after the name. anyway i dont think it will fit my phone but i like the idear of using it can i take this apart and hide it ? ( it dose have a button on the stearing wheel that i think works with it)

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

5th Gear

Status
    The actual iphone4 cradle can be removed you just push the two side buttons and it will come off, so its pretty handy in that sense. As it boosts reception through my aerial i usually sit and watch top gear on my phone in traffic now and hook up the sound to the aux LOL ITS EPIC!

MPG the new BPH

Status
    The actual iphone4 cradle can be removed you just push the two side buttons and it will come off, so its pretty handy in that sense. As it boosts reception through my aerial i usually sit and watch top gear on my phone in traffic now and hook up the sound to the aux LOL ITS EPIC!
    lol brilliant.

what will i need to do to convert it so i can just play through speakers and call. i have checked online its called a bury. its an odd looking cradle ( cars getting prepped as we speak in hull )

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

MPG the new BPH

Status
    in fact will i just be able to plug my phone in to the aux in the car and use handsfree that way ?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceman86 View Post
    With the iPhone cradles, they just charge the handset and connect it to the sharkfin aerial, the connectivity is still done via Bluetooth. The older phone cradles actually handled the connectivity too so you could turn off the Bluetooth but that's not the case with the iPhone cradles.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

MPG the new BPH

Status
    how do you know if its bluetooth? it has a tax disk arel

6th Gear

Status
    If what's bluetooth, your car phone kit?

All the Audi phone prep systems are bluetooth, just some have cradle mounts (either on the dash or in the armrest) whilst some don't. The earlier models always came with the cradle mount but now they offer an option without it. Regardless, they always support bluetooth.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

MPG the new BPH

Status
    thank you.

5th Gear

Status
    Also another way to tell if its bluetooth is the roof aerial, Mine has a roof aerial from standard as i have the bluetooth

MPG the new BPH

Status
    dont sount like it is how is that its a bloody 58 plate

6th Gear

Status
    Also another way to tell if its bluetooth is the roof aerial, Mine has a roof aerial from standard as i have the bluetooth
    As I said, all their kits are bluetooth, but you only get the sharkfin aerial if you have the cradle mount - if you have the basic bluetooth prep but without a cradle then you don't get the sharkfin as it requires a hard connection which only the mount can provide.

You'll also get the sharkfin if you have nav, for the GPS receiver aerial, so in this case it's possible to have the sharkfin without any kind of phone prep.

MPG the new BPH

Status
    cant wait too pick it up can puts some pics up then and let you know if it is compatable.

2nd Gear

Status
    Is there anyway I could put an adaptor for an iPhone 4 in the armrest? I haven't got the phone prep, all I have is the Audi iPod Connection?

Is it possible to have this fitted to mine?
    Picked up on the 30th May!

2013 '13' Plate - Audi TT 1.8 TFSI S Line Roadster | Ibis White | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather/Suede with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim

Gone but won't be forgotten! 2011 '11' Plate - Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line | Ibis White | Privacy Glass | iPod Dock | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim | S3 Pedals

Reverse Gear

Status
    HI GUYS

I KNOW YOU'VE HAD A LONG CONVO ABOUT IT BUT ME BEING DUMB IS STRUGGLING TO UNDERSTAND WHAT HOLDER I NEED TO BUY SO IT FITS ONTO THE BUILT IN CRADLE FOR AN A3....CAN YOU HELP ASAP PLEASE!!! HATING THE FACT THAT ITS THERE; LOOKS BLANK...!!!!

THANKS
    SHIFA

5th Gear

Status
    what mobile have you got firstly? Also the cradles can be bought directly from audi.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yep there is i have one

Heres a snap of mine

I know this is an old thread but i this a genuine phone cradle and if so can you buy what ever needed to change so it holds other phones ?

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    If you already have that ugly phone holder screwed into the dash then yes you can buy the mounts to fit your phone onto it but its like £100+ each
    If you dont have that phone holder screwed in already then dont bother with it.

And yes the one Farhan has is genuine
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

4th Gear

Status
    My iPhone4 charges through my iPhone3 cradle.
    It fits ok too so I'm not buying a new one.
    Now:
    TTS, Leon Cupra R, MK2 Golf GTi 16v BB 3dr & MK4 Golf "GTi" 2.0 8v

Past:
    S3 8P3
    A3 2.0T
    S3 8L REVO
    306 Rallye
    Impreza STi8
    Leon Cupra R REVO
    S3 8L REVO
    Impreza T2000
    306 Rallye
    MK3 Golf GTi 8v
    & more in between

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash187 View Post
    If you already have that ugly phone holder screwed into the dash then yes you can buy the mounts to fit your phone onto it but its like £100+ each
    If you dont have that phone holder screwed in already then dont bother with it.

And yes the one Farhan has is genuine
    Basket !!! cradle styled ****ing basket !!

5th Gear

Status
    I hated the phone holder at first but now that i sit in traffic i just put on youtube LOL or watch tv through my iphone

2nd Gear

Status
    I have a galaxy S3 it connects via bluetooth ok but after that it does nothing,am i doing something wrong? i press the left button on the steering wheel and inbetween the speedo and rev counter it says connect phone,i press the right button it says speak on cd unit but thats it nothing else,do they have to be coded into each other or anything ?