I have BOSE, but want even more bass...

matt_hilluk

facebook.com/m9tbh
Reaction score
possible? obviously

but want to keep it as oem as possible

is there a bigger sub that will directly replace the bose one?

other options?

Maybe we would have to pm Andy Mac?? I would deffo be interested in 1 also but would need it fitting me and install`s in cars dont go

cheers

Lee

no Andy Mac sub does not work in an 8P :(
I have tried to get this before but the boot shape is apparently different so the sub wont fit. Shanes boot build is nice but still eats into the boot space which isnt something i wanted so i just gave up.

I said it wrong... it doesnt work on the sportback due to boot design...
by the way what is "rad"???

Think he meant "read"..

I would be interested in this too. Would prefer to hear it first though... Is it time to give up my W7 hmmmm :uhm:

It does fit the sportback but you have to push out the ridiculous sculpted side of the boot trim. Would you believe Audi redesigned the sub to accomodate these pointless scoops.

behind the passenger side boot panel
AudiA38PBosesub.jpg

Reactions: red or dead
There's nothing to see, just imagine the scooped bit of the boot panel pushed out from behind. Not very elegant, and as you can't hide the amp it's not really a stealth install which is why I don't recommend them for the SB.
As you can see the OE sub is scooped at the front, whereas the non SB one is flat. This is purely to accomodate the pointless scoop in the side panel which then fouls the stealth sub, so has to be pushed out and padded with rubber foam in order to keep it away from the sub.
S3SportbackInstallBosesub2-1.jpg

S3SportbackInstall-1.jpg

Just the above, or the magic sub that doesn't need any amplification at all and can be fitted in the glovebox

You could loose the spare wheel and drop a box in the wheel well like I did you'd just have to raise the floor a bit.

you can see mine below It could of gone a lot lower but I rarely use the boot so I wasn't fussed plus the sub I chose has quite a big stack. Painted my sub guard Gloss white to match my car too but dont have a photo.

Loads of Bass!

I bet! I'm wanting to go the same kind of route with mine, the wheel well seems to be the ideal place.

I bet! I'm wanting to go the same kind of route with mine, the wheel well seems to be the ideal place.

Yeah just make sure you have road assistance as if you have a blow out your screwed lol. It happened to me last year on the A1 luckily I had audi assist and as I was on the motorway they arrived with in 20mins. Good way to save fuel when your on the back of a lorry.