For people with aftermarket double din headunits in their 8P

Does anyone know what the part no's are for the double din conversion..? Iv got the aftermarket unit to put in but with all the talk about differnt dd cages etc.. I'd like to know exact correct part no's (cage, buttons, fascia etc..) cheers fellas!
Peace

Also, those units are by all reports crap.

Hey nige, if you don't mind me asking what are people saying is crap about these? sound quality, image quality, GPS navigating etc?

i agree with the above that they look neater without the buttons on hte bottom, and at that price they are very tempting, so i wondered just how inferior these ones are?

Hey nige, if you don't mind me asking what are people saying is crap about these? sound quality, image quality, GPS navigating etc?

i agree with the above that they look neater without the buttons on hte bottom, and at that price they are very tempting, so i wondered just how inferior these ones are?

just as you said, the sound quality is not as good, the materials used to make the device is not up to standard. the plastics are crap and sometimes there are fitting issues. also the interface on these devices are also very cheap looking!

there aren't many reports of anyone that has kept the device in the car that can give any positive feedback on them, though i would like to try and test one of these out to see the quality first hand i cannot justify wasting £400 when the Pioneer one i have is cheaper and proven better, not to mention the mods i could get with £400!

i think we should all pool together - everyone puts a fiver in and we buy one and let someone on here do a full review to see what its like to live with lol. When i first picked my A3 up I almost made the mistake of buying one of these thinking it was OEM.

my car originally came with symp ii with bose>got rnse and dice>now x930bt :) i love my 930bt more than my rnse :)

with aftermarket slim sony amp and 10inch elemental sub :)
2-4.jpg

If you had Bose how did you get your own sub setup? also how have you got a full size alloy in the boot with the custom Amp and sub setup? very interested in this as i dont really want to have a crappy donut in the boot if a tyre pops and the sub on Bose really needs an upgrade but dont want to use up boot space.