Any private plate owners ?

Amchlolor

Reaction score
Anyone spaced their's 'naughtily' ?
I've ordered a reg that,if lumped together will spell my surname.
I intend to have the front plate without any spacing,and the back plate with minimal spacing.
I intend to use legal lettering as I don't like any of the other types available.
I will not be altering the lettering either.Only 'reducing' the spacing.

Anyone been hassled by the police for this crime of the century ?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
mines a private plate and its legal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but it doesn't spell your name does it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

[ QUOTE ]
R 1 BOS

it was never ment to spell my name

lol

why would i want it to spell my name.. then u get nobs shouting your name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I know what your plate is, the question the chap asked was about plates spelling names etc. Nice plate btw. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
R = richard
1 = the number one (1)
Bos = Boss

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

You should have bought R 1 NOB(correct spacing of course) then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ive got
AII WRX which was on my Subaru and is for sale if you know any one with a Subaru WRX?

No need for naughty spacing....

[ QUOTE ]
Ive got
AII WRX which was on my Subaru and is for sale if you know any one with a Subaru WRX?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice plate, should fetch a few £££s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ive got

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice plate, should fetch a few £££s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant get an one interested though ...
dont know whether to put it on the A3 will it look naff? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Sorry guys, "private" plates are v gay IMO.

Leave it for the chavs trying to disguise the age of their 20yr /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry guys, "private" plates are v gay IMO.

Leave it for the chavs trying to disguise the age of their 20yr /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see where you are coming from, when chavs manipulate numbers and letters to make a plate totally unreadable, but definitely not gay. I see it as a finishing touch to the car, to give it a personal identity, as I transfer the plate to each new car I purchase. Unless the private plate is S3 PUF of course lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I've also got a private plate. Mine is S3 followed by my nick name. When I sell my S3, the plate will go with the car. I bought it to hide the age of the car and also to finish it off. Also it was cheap (£250) and the way I look at it is it will make the car easier to sell! If someone is interested in my S3 and another one then the plate may sway the decision...

Rich.

fair enough guys. Not accusing anyone of any particular sexual prefs, sorry and no offence intended.
But I still prefer to see cars with normal reg plates - a bright yellow GT3, for example, needs no help to be "special", and a Ford Focus, for example, with a "special" reg just looks stupid.

Obviously I am taking things to extremes, but I think if a car deserves a special plate then it probably doesn't need one in the first place.

And if a car needs a special plate to look individual, it shouldn't have one 'cause it will look ****** stupid!

maybe you can see my point?

[ QUOTE ]
But I still prefer to see cars with normal reg plates - a bright yellow GT3, for example, needs no help to be "special", and a Ford Focus, for example, with a "special" reg just looks stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you saw a Porsche GT3 with the registration "GT 3", you wouldn't think it was wicked - innit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My surname is Balfour (Bowfer being a mickey take of the way some people pronounce Balfour) so I;ve order

B4 LFO

Hell,it was only £399.
I think it's quite smart.

Best one I've seen is Steve Parish's (ex-bike and truck racer).Met him in a gotel years ago and had my photo taken beside his merc.

PEN15.

They tried to nick him under the 'obscene publication' act !
Seriously !

IMO we all drive sporty cars, probably some more sportily then others. Any slight bending of the traffice laws with a private plate and you're loads more likely to have the number remembered by any passers by.

I don't mean robbing banks, just jump the odd light now and then. In the villages near me the oldys have set up a 'shop the speeder' campaign.

Yes officer, his reg number was BAD MOFO.

Anyone speeding through villages deserves to be shopped.
I don't necessarily agree with the "I'll remember you" sentiment either.
I know,in the past,I've been cut up by people with private plates and I've thought "I'll remember you",but I never do.....

Anyway,perhaps the thought of being 'easily shopped' isn't a bad thing.Perhaps driving would improve in general....

Speeding is all relative to the conditions. Looking where your going helps too. i.e. not fiddling with your fluffy dice or your super bad ice-system (or you girlfriends elizabeth duke necklace)

Actually there is a bloke with an 325i near me with the plate W7 NKR. I don't know if he's having a laugh or not.

Try to get photo.

"Speeding is all relative to the conditions"

On an open road,I agree with you.I regularly go over the ton on my route to work ( over some hills in Scotland ).No houses,no junctions,plenty of vision.Little chance of coppers.

However,I effing hate people who speed through my village.Nine times out of ten they are using it as a shortcut to avoid congestion at lights on the main road.I often get 'hassled' by them as I stick solidly to 30mph.In my village there is an old folks home,some shops and a school,all within yards of the road.Do they care ? Not a jot.
Absolute couldn't give a toss chimps they are,as long as they beat the lights.
I've campaigned for a speed camera in the village and I won't hear any argument against it.

Exactly - relative to conditions. If there is an old folks home / school etc then you slow down, whatever the limit.

You are right. I would like a camera near my house (30) where ******** drive past at 50+ at all hours of the day.

My point was that doing 30 in a 30 - whatever the conditions - doesn't mean its safe.

My girlfriend who does 28 in a 30, but does her make up at the same time and is always chatting on the phone / adjusting hair etc - she must be safe as she's doing less then 30!

If I do 35 with full concentration, I'm a serial murderer! the oldys will be out with their notebooks to jot down my easily remembered 'FAST 1' plate before you could say 'bump - ooops didn't see you...'

hmmm.... straying a little here...

Private plate. owned it for 7 years before i had a can new enough to get it on to!! R plate.
Basically my initally and the first 3 letters of my surname.
Will always have it and use it on every car i have from now on.
MEans if i get pulled for hte police i shouldn't not know my number plate!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif